ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foglights on an expression?

3 Series touring
Hi there, i've had a search round the forum and its appears that to install fogs into a clio , you need the lights, wiring loom and stalk switch .

ive not got fogs, but my stalk switch has the foglight switch, is there an easy way of seeing if this is connected to a wiring loom, and if not, can i just get a wiring loom, and lights.

cheers in advance.

Need the fog light holders as well, there should be a blank plug in your engine bay on the passenger side that's needed to connect the lights up, from the dashboard side of things, does your stalk have both front and rear fog light options?

Lots of Alfas
Does the switch have 2 position for the fog light. 1 for front and 1 for front and rear?? I think on some expressions the loom is in there ready.

3 Series touring
nope, just the one setting. what will the mean then, that they'll both come on at the same time or that i need a new stalk?

Da

Less
New stalk needed and the wiring loom possibly.

You need to have a look behind the bumper to see if the fog feeds are there already.

clio 1.2 16v,
you need a new stalk

one turn wont do it mate :)

and you find reno are bloody expesnive. 2nd hand you wont find a full kit

so ye a:)

"edit"

damn they got there before me"

Last edited:
  3 Series touring
think thats wat il do then , anyone selling??
dont think im gonna be touching the french electrics after mym previous experinece!
plus i think about 65 would be a good price, but at the end of the day, it looks good

3 Series touring
Right i know this is an ooold thread now ,
but ive had a look and i have the wiring loom already (in that there is the wiring plug clipped behind the LH side foglamp cover)

so what will i need to complete the kit (if i only wanted front fogs?)

cheers
Ben

Lots of Alfas
You will need the light stalk with the fog light switch on and possibly an extra fuse in the fusebox.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Any chance of fitting them just for looks? Or do they have to work, how would they turn on in an expression?

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
You have same as me the wiring on one side but you still need the loom that runs from there to the fog lights,mounting brackets,fog light stalk..

As far as im aware front fogs are not a mot test requirement so even if fitted but not working front fogs wont be tested,back fog light is on mot test.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you need to have the higher spec UCH to run them. my expression was wired for them behind the bumper BUT the UCH didnt support it, so they didnt work. i ended up just fitting the lights, not like i use them anyway.

if your uch supports you need....
Stalk with front fog function (ive just sold one on ebay for £1.25 lol)
wiring that runs from the connector behind bumper to both lamps
2x fog lights with mounting brackets