ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog Light Law

is it legal to put fog lights in just for their looks... IE they wont be wired into the car and will just be sitting there...

I heard that you have to have all exterior lights in perfect working order... because i want to put these fogs in but wiring them in could cost £150 in just labour... :/

Sorry for hijack, but i've taken my fogs out and just left the surround in...this will pass a mot won't it?!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Front fogs aren't listed in the MOT perameters. Mine never work for some reason but the guy I go to said only rear fogs have to be fully functional.

So yes, taking them out is ok, putting them in unplugged is fine and you can wire them up with the fog loom and stalk with front/rear switch on or just a rocker switch

Front fogs aren't listed in the MOT perameters. Mine never work for some reason but the guy I go to said only rear fogs have to be fully functional.

So yes, taking them out is ok, putting them in unplugged is fine and you can wire them up with the fog loom and stalk with front/rear switch on or just a rocker switch

yeah i was thinking about buying a loom and new stalk, but i wouldnt use them that often as it's never that foggy here!

so im just putting them in for looks :)

Clio 172 Ph2
Only rears are testable for for correct height and function....Fronts will only become an issue if their outside the height from the ground or if they become a pedestiran hazard. so basically if their OE spec and placement you've got no worries

Mine passed MOT although they are wired in. They are an optional thing some cars have them other cars dont if they come factory standard im assuming they need to function if they are added on im assuming they dont need to function... Could be wrong

clio 172 phase 2
the only exterior lights that are testable are,
side lights, number plate lights, 1 rear fog on the drivers side (2 maximum), brake lights (if a 3rd is fitted it must work) indicators, dipped and full beams.

front fogs and reverse lights are not tested, but they may advise if they do not work, remember advisories do not need to be done. alot of it is just incase they get inspected by vosa, to show they are picking everything up.