ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST v Clio 182

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The Fiesta ST was marketed as Fords best small hot hatch and same as Renault did with the R.S Clio so therefore IMO they were built to compete with each other.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So you're saying Ford couldn't get anymore than 150bhp out of a 2.0 litre petrol engine?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This. Is. Mental.

I thought that it was pretty well known that Ford limited the power of the duratec to therefore reduce the insurance group to, you guessed it, appeal to a younger driver that didn't want to stump up the premium that the 1*2/CTR demands.

Hence the collaboration with Mountune at a later date to release versions that can be independantly insured as different models (ST MP165, ST MP185) that would be competitive to the RenaultSport Clio range. And they are.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
So you're saying Ford couldn't get anymore than 150bhp out of a 2.0 litre petrol engine?

They had a budget to work on.

Maybe they spent all that getting the car so safe well built and comfortable and they got to the engine and thought oh.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We've established i'm wrong and Ford were lying because they built an underpowered car due to lack of cash.

They lied you mean because they knew they failed to actually make a competitive car.. lol

Lol yeah that'll be it. Anyway, if the two cars were built to be competitors, why did Renault use a crap gearbox? Probably because they actually cannot make a good one.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I am partially trolling I will admit only because some people are so far up Fords ass though and defend almost any negative comment.

I find it quite funny tbh and this thread was a load of bolloks anyway.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol yeah that'll be it. Anyway, if the two cars were built to be competitors, why did Renault use a crap gearbox? Probably because they actually cannot make a good one.

Either that or they ran out of money.

Also lol at the dig at Renault in the hope to get a response. I'm not like you and Gally I won't cry when someone has an opinion.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I am partially trolling I will admit only because some people are so far up Fords ass though and defend almost any negative comment.

I'm not a Ford fanboy by any means, I was just pointing out the obvious rather than 'OMG Ford make s**t hot hatches!!1! They'll never beat a CLio!'.

350Z
This thread is useless, all shall soon be decimated.

renault-twizy-z_B8xtJ_17621.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.