ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS + lowered + homage photos

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Eibach springs on, got rid of the 4x4 ride height. Went out on Monday and snapped these, inspired by a certain site! ;)

focus-sunset-park-1-1024x576-51ddc18bcf9e3nowm.jpg

focus-sunset-park-3-1024x576-51ddc18c3a32bnowm.jpg

focus-sunset-park-5-1024x576-51ddc18b74c95nowm.jpg

focus-sunset-park-4-1024x576-51ddc18869925nowm.jpg

If you don't recognise the style - http://www.stanceworks.com/2013/03/fifteen52-presents-project-st-the-trackster-focus-st/

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I think the pictures would have looked better with the front wheels straight.

Merc A class
Looks awesome, I was up the horse shoe last week location scouting! going to rig a few cars up there when my new suction cup arrives we should sort a shoot out :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice shots chap. I definitely gone off the colour. Just seems to look washed out in the flesh now, pale green with no real depth. It's not bad in the shade but under light and sun it's just pale. We've painted about 5 of them and the colour just doesn't work for me now.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Was going to mention the fiesta turbo watermark but I'm sure you know it's wrong!

Lovely car but that colour is a f**king pain to paint.. The ford bodyshop I work with had the repaint the whole front end when they first came out just because the bumper needed doing! Admittedly they aren't the best bodyshop but it's still a pain.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nice cars although I must say the novelty of the green has worn off on me now, I quite liked it when they first came out but much prefer them in white now

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The logo says Fiesta Turbo because my site is www.fiestaturbo.com. It now covers all Fords, but I've retained the name as it's fairly well known. I should have mentioned this as it's a bit confusing.

The plate's been Photoshopped to remove the first and last digits to disguise it. This is neater than blurring it and super quick to do. The real reg is a normal one like XV60 FVX and I just removed the Xs.

The colour divides opinion, but I expected this. It would be boring if we all liked the same!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Why did you remove part of the reg by the way?

I could understand if you were doing something like a trackday you might not want your insurers to know you crashed at, but seeing as you drive around seen by thousands with the plate on display everytime you are on the road then why hide it in pictures?

Have never understood the logic TBH

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Just because it's a boring standard plate. I had CLIO ART on my 200 and that was in every pic. As you say its visible when you drive around, so no problem with it showing.

Once I find and buy a nice plate for this I'll stop doing it, but for now I think it looks a bit neater with fewer digits. Might shift the 0 over next time though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I like that colour!

It's a shame they've not aged well though...sadly compared to current hatches they do look a bit 'last generation' now.

I think its the fact they have aged that has changed my opinion on the colour.

When I first saw it, it looked like a very head turning colour on a very fresh and modern looking car that it really suited, where as now it looks a bit like a middleaged bird in hotpants, the colour is shouting for attention that the car doesnt really warrant anymore, where as in the white it just looks so much more understated and classy, so doesnt seem so "try hard" if that makes sense?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I am going to agree with you on that Chip, having owned a green one and absolutely loving it at the time... But when I get another I will be going for a white one.

the green is a lovely colour, the gold flake within it works so lovely in the sunshine with the right wax's, but the attention it gains can be a little to much at times.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Absolutely love that and great photos. Too many white cars around these days so I think you chose the right colour, certainly stands out

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
Cheers for the comments guys! :D

Looks good and the eibachs do give a nice ride, have you done any power mods yet ?

Exhaust, downpipe and 200 cell cat. Inlet here but needs painting before fitting. Filter and intercooler next, then Revo stage 2, 4+ later, then maybe 5, forged and hybrid if I can sell a kidney!

Looks awesome, I was up the horse shoe last week location scouting! going to rig a few cars up there when my new suction cup arrives we should sort a shoot out :)

Deffo! Let me know when you're back and we'll get together. I'm only 20 mins away from there.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The Revo 400 transforms the car, i was shocked at the difference, it even felt nicer to drive just plodding around in it, so much smoother.
I think I had mine 2 weeks before it went in to Rob @ SCC.

​id certainly recommend it :)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
It just shouts jake in that colour IMO. Not the most subtle of cars. Blue for me. I do like them though