ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS detail :)

Ford focus RS 3404
Hi chap's a few of you would have seen my foci in picture's with Matt (vivalagoobs) ST,

Here's a quick thread on my recent detail, All comment's welcomed !..

So i was aiming for about 85% correction which i seem'd to achive,
I thought i would share a few pic's of during then the result's :).

Top half before correction,
8499e9d6.jpg

Top half completed,
95cce7c0.jpg

Bootlid before correction,
f5f134ee.jpg

Bootlid after correction
e2aa870b.jpg

Load's more but i won't bore you with those !,
After some swissvax i was left with this

car5.jpg

car3.jpg

car1-1.jpg

car2.jpg

car4.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking good, you best do a good job of cleaning mine tomorrow slave! Lol get your membership paid aswell :p intact I will pay for yours in return for cleaning my car lol

Ford focus RS 3404
Looking good, you best do a good job of cleaning mine tomorrow slave! Lol get your membership paid aswell :p intact I will pay for yours in return for cleaning my car lol

Lol i would preffer cash,, pfft slave ! only because you know il do a better job that's all :p...

Ford focus RS 3404
Cracking job :)
What did you use ?

Cheers , It was my first outing with menzerna PO85RD3.02, This was used with a hex-logic orange pad,
The first time i did it i used SSR2 on a white pad which removed a few swirl's, I need a paint depth guage if i am to do anymore before i loose all my paint lol.

Then on with the swissvax paint cleaner for a little shine, Again machine applied.

Then swissvax ONYX ! and no matt it's not getting used on your's tommorow lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
How much would i be looking to pay for a full correction do you think on my Bora? I might look into it.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
^^ Really! lol I think it depends on how bad it is for one and how fussy you are! I would say anything thing from £200 upwards.

I know you are a perfectionist Gally!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you can find 100% correction for £200 from a reputable detailer let me know where he is please. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Considering Ford Fair mate and Castle Combe always has a big FRP showing.

Ford Fair is a decent distance away so it's costly. Be nice to get down this year was in the Dom Rep last year.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Well I am doing RS day at Coombe and Fordfair. Maybe a few others we shal see...

Looks like a good detail lad, well played :) Such a fantastic colour.

Any more info on the car? Mods/age/miles etc?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very good price. I forgot Russ was mobile aswell.

Remember i'm talking a 100% correction here.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fair point but you think Polished Bliss would do a full correction for £200?

Turbos.
I wouldn't. Time is money. Wouldn't expect someone to spend two days on a car and charge £200, that would be a crappy living. But then my detailer has a 996 GT3 RS and an E30 M3, so maybe he overcharges a little LOL.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
No absolutely not, infact detailing works out as a underpaid/overworked profession on the whole! Some exceptions apply.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
^ I think it's common knowledge Ali that Detailing isn't as profitable as people make out, they see £300/£500/£1000 and think the guys a millionaire.

I worked out Kelly at KDS' hourly rate on one job and it was somewhere close to £15 per hour for the job, could have been the BMW wet sand one.

Depends IMO Englebert. I don't/didn't do it for a living. Charged friends and family circa £200 per car that required two days (Astons, Porsches, Audis) just purely as something to do at the weekends that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Same with Cliosporters, it was more about the banter and getting to meet people than the money.

But I would agree, for a more serious business approach you are looking at a hell of a lot more because the all in service is a hell of a lot more. Granted I have a decent setup and insurance, but what I earned was more than enough to cover those and some.

^ I think it's common knowledge Ali that Detailing isn't as profitable as people make out, they see £300/£500/£1000 and think the guys a millionaire.

I worked out Kelly at KDS' hourly rate on one job and it was somewhere close to £15 per hour for the job, could have been the BMW wet sand one.

That may be, but I would marry Kelly regardless of gender.

Ford focus RS 3404
Cheers for all the comment's chap's , Gally mate iv'e seen your thread's on other forums :), Was man weeing over your FRP the other day, If i ever had to sell the RS i would go straight out and buy one !..

And im sure matt does 100% correction detail's, Or maybe not as he wouldn't have given me his car to clean ! lol, Don't worry mate im taking care of her, Parked it in the bush up the road for safe keeping :):)

Ford focus RS 3404
Looks like a good detail lad, well played :) Such a fantastic colour.

Any more info on the car? Mods/age/miles etc?

As to this comment, She's bogger's nothing on it atall :) , Going to the roller's on saterday so i can see what she has as standard.
Miles wise she's done 55000 :), Am able to keep that down now as it's no longer a daily i have the mighty 1.4 L polo for that job.
Iv'e done 10 miles since saterday woo :)

Ford focus RS 3404
No absolutely not, infact detailing works out as a underpaid/overworked profession on the whole! Some exceptions apply.

True, It is hard graft. However it's more of a self satisfaction thing. Ive done a couple of car's now charged penut's for it but i get a real buzz from the finished product.
But as i have a full time job it's more of a little extra cash rather than a full on job :)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
True, It is hard graft. However it's more of a self satisfaction thing. Ive done a couple of car's now charged penut's for it but i get a real buzz from the finished product.
But as i have a full time job it's more of a little extra cash rather than a full on job :)

With regards to the above comment is my car cleaned yet :p ..

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly what I did mate. I charge a little more now but to start with I got a lot of satisfaction from doing them. I also do it on the side as a hobby/fun/passion.

I only pick and choose what cars I do though, mostly for people who will appreciate the finished product.

MK2 RS owner before xmas was a particular favourite, he always took care of his car but after I was finished with it, it looked a level above his usual SRP/wax effort.

Stunning finish on it mate, really really nice, such a rewarding colour to work on.

120d M Sport
How many detailers out there realistically go for 100% correction mate?

It's first of all risky as it requires a fair bit of paint to be cut back, secondly time consuming and then limits how much you can machine polish the paint in the future. Most people will be happy with 70% correction. Any remaining defects are effectively negligable once the finish is up to those standards.

Last edited: