ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM12 CS Challenge

Played 29. Won 8, Drew 13, Lost 8 currently in 12th 10 points off the play offs.

Summary of today: Hull s**ty are s**t! My job is also insecure so could get sacked soon :(

I love Lamp
Just starting mine up again.. Im currently 12th after 43 games won 18, drawn 6 lost 19.. 5 points off play off..

My problem is I concede so many goals!! We are 4th highest scorers in the league with 72 scored but conceded 64 ffs!! Which is why I'm on a search for a keeper, my jobs pretty safe ATM they w**k themselves silly over my free flowing football xD

Fryatt is my top scorer with 27 oooh yeah ;)

I left it on a 4 game winning streak so hoping I keep my form next time I go on.

My fans and board are loving my 35K RB. 23yr old Spaniard he is awesome.

Guessing you play fluid/Very fluid and attacking.

I love Lamp
Very fluid and control, short passing etc etc.. It's like watching Barca!!

Other than with retarded players lol

I love Lamp
Well season over.. We decided losing our last 3 games would be a good idea so finished 14th.. Got a MAHOOOOSIVE transfer budget of 967k this time!! Going to bid for Messi

Quite optimistic about this season as only 11 players in my squad were older than 21 last year do they are growing up :) need to sort out the leaky defence though hmm

Chester and Hobbs are good just the LB and RB that need sorting out also the GK.

14th not bad. I told the board I would get top half finish so wait and see what happens to me things aren't looking good though.

DCi
my first choice striker was injured so I moved my other striker who I'd been playing as an inside forward to AMR and it is safe to say he has established himself in the striker position, 9 goals in the last 11 games :cool:

Liverpool became my parent club. Yet they STILL won't loan me anybody. Not even randoms from thier U18s.

Bastids.

Lol I got Chelsea I asked who I can loan came back with no one c***s.

I signed 2 strikers and a RB that's it in both windows. Both the strikers I signed are s**t so I play Simpson & Fryatt.

I love Lamp
Lol I had Arsenal first season which I used when I was running out of defenders, got Man U this time but I'm not really looking at loans atm..

Anyways start of second season looks promising, I signed a keeper who I know has massive potential and will easily cut it in the prem, really need to get him a new contract as he would only sign if it had a clause to sell him for 2mill if higher league club bid (cost me 1.7mill) :( (also not sure if we get promoted that is void surely??)

Also signed a 19yr old epic winger on a free :) which I hope to see turning out like my 19yr old free from last season who got signing of the season and fans player of the year :)

Haven't got any loans in yet, going to see how we go..

First 4 games are done in which we won 3 lost 1 (beat Cardiff, Leicester, Ipswich and lost to Watford away 1-0).. I've changed my defence to be higher up so there isn't as much space between my midfield that messed us up last year and so far it's worked and we are still playing our free flowing football, our finances are still sh*t and my squad is 19 players, I've scrapped the youth and reserves fully now to save costs.. How is everyones finances anyways?? I think we have 2mill as a club now lol..

This is the season we go for promotion :)

I'm so gutted we have no money as Ben Arfa wants to join but I don't have 4.8mill that he was offered to me for LOL

My finances were good after selling Rosenior for £2.2million and buying a replacement for £35k. I then decieded to edit my wage structure so i wasnt making a loss each month which took most of my money up, i couldnt sign anyone anyway so that didnt matter.

Hoping that by doing that and a decent league position this year i will get some decent spends.

I have a few players to sort though at the end of the season, At the of season i will share my team as its no fun not sharing signings.

Anyone sold any of their starting 11 yet like Chester, Hobbs, Crainey etc i had good offers on all of these in January from PL teams but turned them down.

Will jump back on this tonight whilst watching the Toon game.

Doing shockingly though. I have about 9 injuries atm (7 of which are first teamers) and they have all been out for months.

I am majorly struggling to score goals though. Think my highest scoring player is Hobbs with 4 goals LOL!

DCi
I'm in January of the first season

I lost to a 10 man United reserve team 0-3 in the FA cup 3rd round - we are concentrating on the league!

Everton offered me 450k for Robert Koren... he's 31 years old and rubbish... go on then. Offered a contract to a free agent to replace him so I'll see if that all goes through later.
Also got an extra centre back and DM on the way, but they are both Africans I'm just hoping they dont get African Cup of Nation call ups haha.

I think I'm 3rd in the league. I'm awaiting the dip in form/injury crisis to hit me as I've been really lucky so far.

Iain is doing good. :(

Koren is s**t he got injured so much for me he played his first complete game for me in January although now he is a decent member of my first team being the best RM i have.

I missed out some cracking players at the start of the seaosn that Vass parkey posted is brilliant and i should of paied the 500K they wanted also check out Tshabalala he is class for the championship and proper cheap. I couldnt get him though as he had alreayd gone to a good team.

Why share these players becuase they you will now check them out realise how good they are for the championship and not be able to sign them and think f**k i missed out there.lol

I love Lamp
Ok as I'm a season in now I agree with Jay, plus it depends on many factors the signings from now on as to who is available so I'll share

Last season I signed Petrucci for a free(he was epic, ran my midfield and got most assists in the league along with signing of season and fans player of year :)), Yven Moyo (can't remember cost, think it was about 200k).. Then in january I signed Griffiths for 325k(striker, scored plenty in the second half of the season, made me switch to 2 up top and him and Fryatt are unstoppable) They are all either 20/21 now I went for potential..

This season I signed Alex Smithies for 1.7mill (need to get the clause out of his contract :() That was all my transfer budget but well worth it LOL.. And signed Gai Assulin on a free ;) Also some 19yr old keeper who had a trial day, going to be average champ keeper but I only signed him as he was free, wanted 1k wages and I only had 1 keeper in my whole squad lol

Tink thats all my signings made, I'm not listing who I got rid of as there was 37 of them lol, All keepers are now gone, and anyone old on high wages bar Koren

I had bids of 2.2mill and 1.8mill for Hobbs and Chester aswell as 1.8mill for Roseinior in the summer but I have rejected all so far as I'm banking on promotion which I think will make their value go up, none have got upset by it they asked for improved contracts at worst.. My current line up is

Smithies
Rosenior - Hobbs - Chester - Dudgeon
(forget that right wingers name LOL) - Petrucci - Cairney - Assulin
Fryatt - Griffiths

What is the name of the young right winger at Hull?!?!?! lol

So yeah pretty young line up I have now :)

If the injuries hit again like last season, which sounds like Adam has too then I'll be f**ked with my small squad lmao

Nice Birdie. I tired to get Ausslin on mine as his contract was up but he went to lazio.

Is that petrucci the young kid from united? I had him on loan for 3months his contract is up at the end of the season so I have my eye on him.

Young right winger is it Cameron? Can't believe you sold Jay Simpson :(

My signing are:-
Dobbie from Swansea £1million :(
Andres 35k
Berry Powel Free agent

That's it :)

I love Lamp
Yeah Davide Petrucci from United, he's honestly been awesome lol.. He was used as AMC first half of the season but now moved to just deep lying playmaker in MC as I'm 442.. Still gets all the assist though seems to have high potential and couldn't ask for more for a free xD

Yes Cameron!!! lol, don't worry I haven't sold Jay Simpson I'm making him rott in my reserves even though I have pulled them out of the league so they don't play and are all Greyed out players bar him and fine him 2 weeks wages disciplinary action as often as I can for lols.. Nah he's on the bench, no chance of breaking up my attack though unless Fryatt or Griffiths gets injured, they took apart Chelsea twice let alone these championship sides :)

I love Lamp
Lol that's why I'm going youth, they don't command much wage but I'm like 20k beneath my wage budget anyways after ditching so many players and now youth coaches too after getting rid of the youth set up

I'm on about 150k a week now, last season it was dwn to 117k for most of it lol

I love Lamp
Only 2, once I get promoted I'm going big on scouts <3 them lol.. I have one guy thats 18/18 for judging potential and current ability and one thats 18/16 :)

Awesome. I will need to sort some out. I had awesome scouts at Newcastle who got me some absoltue gems for hardly any money at all.

Haha i sent a scout to the Europa league to see if he could unearth some Gems he just came back with PL players c**t.

Yeah i had that Petrucci on loan he is alright i will be trying to get him come end of the season. I also play 4-4-2 but my scouts only rated as a 2 star CM so he was a bench player for those 3months.

I employed an extra fitness coach to try and help out with the amount of the games we play in the championship might be why i dont get as many injuries as you lot do.

My wage bill for this season is 167K Lol. I need to get rid of some players fast i offered Mclean to clubs for 500k no offers also that Olyfinana(sp) i offered for £0 noone wants him he takes up 20K the f**ker.

Adam i signed those players because they are s**t and noone else wnated them.lol. Have a look at Andres(Spanish) the RB i got for 35K he is my first choice and honeslty he isnt really good enough but he is putting in the performances and the fans & board love him.

Last edited:
  DCi
I paid about a mil to get rid of that olyinfaaaaaa whatever player

i forgot to put richard garcia in my squad so i paid him off too

I love Lamp
Board wouldn't let me release Oly... I eventually sold him for 100k I think

I sold Garcia and the fans were pissed off to say the least.. lol

I tried to get rid of him too but the board blocked it. Will try and offload him in January.

Am looking forward to getting this season out of the way, reducing the wage bill further, and getting in some good long term loan signings for next season.

Oly i offered him mutual consent wouldnt take it, i then went to terminate contract £2.2million f**k that. I then tried to have a chat with him making him unhappy and re offering the Mutual consent didnt work.

Garcia has just broke into my first team he is pretty decent on the RM he has scored about 4/5 goals i think. Kamel Ghilas is on his way out though when his loan finishes think i got about 325k for him.

I love Lamp
Hmmm I probably shouldn't have ticket the box 'not to show again' when I was releasing players :\ probably wasted a lot but I was culling everyone, happy now though haha.. I can't wait for this season to be honest I'm quite confident of getting the playoffs bar a lot of injuries, we have started this season on great form :)

The board said something about changing selling more sponsorship or something to help with our debt too.. Has noone else had messages about the clubs finances?? Think they started when we slipped into the read in Februaryish i think

Im in Feb on my game i havent heard anything from the board other than i should be doing slightly better than i am.

i think unless i finish 12th or above i will get sacked i also need to keep my winning streak going or i could be out before the season ends. :(

I love Lamp
Lol I went for top half finish, ended up 14th but never mentioned about the sack lol

If you go into boardroom > finances whats your balance??

No messgaes like that for me.

Im going to bring my laptop into work tomorrow due to having naff all else to do this week.

How do you do printscreens?

Last edited:
  I love Lamp
I mean if you press alt f9 in game then it saves them as jpg/whatever you choose in options into your My Docs > Sports Interactive > FM > Screenshots (something like that) folder, then just upload them as attachments