ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fm transmitters

Nothing at the mo :(
yep i use a belkin one.. cost me about £35 pounds though but it chargers the ipod ast the same time.. good clear reception i get

Nothing at the mo :(
i wouldnt get a cheapo tbh.. it will just sound tacky.. get something with a reliable name on it.. ive brought a cheapo before and it was rubbish

I had a pricey Belkin one and found it was pretty poor in the 182. Usable but not fantastic. Utterly useless in Europe for some reason. Probably due to less available frequencies.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
From my experience (it was a Belkin one aswell) they are shite. Get an aux cable fitted. Much better.

not a clio anymore
the answer is probably that it depends where you live and want to travel. I have used one (griffin I think) to go to work, it is ok.
We have travelled to Wales with it (not in a Clio), and it was fine all the way, we only retuned once.
As soon as you hit the M25, doesn't work anymore.
Tried through France, couldn't get a signal for more than a few minutes.
So overall, I would class them as not great.
Now invested in a proper ipod connection for our family bus, works way better and the sound quality is also much better (plus I have some control on the steering wheel). Cost £80 plus about 1 hour of my own time to fit.