ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flywheel locking tool

Clio, Audi A4
Hi all

A common question I’m sure, but I’ll ask anyway!

I need a flywheel locking tool for my Clio 172 with an F4R engine in, as one of the next jobs on the list to do before it hits the track (and then probably a barrier) is change the cam belt and dephaser.

There seem to be two types available, and I don’t fancy ending up with a piece of toolbox jewellery that is no good.

I have the Renault Part number for the tool but trying to wrestle one out of Renault is proving a challenge. I’m told that Sealey do one but as I said there seem to be two types.

Either the Sealey VSE2395 (has shorter teeth) or Sealey VSE2394 (has longer teeth)

Any help would be great!

Thanks

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
There is no flywheel fitted to the engine , i have a flywheel and new bolts and a clutch , i did see a reference to a locking tool so wasnt sure

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
There is no flywheel fitted to the engine , i have a flywheel and new bolts and a clutch , i did see a reference to a locking tool so wasnt sure

You need something like this mate.

Screenshot_20201216-164600.png

It bolts to the block and meshes with the flywheels teeth so that you can torque the bolts up.

@NorthloopCup made his own iirc.