ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flux quoted me happy!

Jagggg...missing the 182!
Just renewed my insurance, would def reccomend trying flux for a quote, best price i had before was privilege, around 600ish, flux came along, 500, with lower excess, unlimited mileage, legal cover and few other things the other didnt have.

22, clean licence, 4 yrs no claims, 1 crash - third party at fault, on a 182

:)

Clio 172
Just renewed my insurance, would def reccomend trying flux for a quote, best price i had before was privilege, around 600ish, flux came along, 500, with lower excess, unlimited mileage, legal cover and few other things the other didnt have.

22, clean licence, 4 yrs no claims, 1 crash - third party at fault, on a 182

:)

Thats well good i'm 25 clean license with my lass on with 4ncb the cheapest i can get is £730

Was with them for my 1.2 with a load of mods, was £620 fully comp, 4 yrs ncb etc... but was shocked that they couldnt offer my insurance on my current car a 197, they said £1700 !!!! so im now with privellage who said £700

Recaro Black Gold 182
Just thought i would give privilege a bash, best quotes i've been getting is upwards of £900 and they came back with £585.

Well chuffed!

21, 3 points, 4 years NCB

DMS

A thirsty 172
Im with flux, pay £900 im 23 with 1years no claim. They are very good.

That's interesting. I'm same age, same NCB and last time I got a quote from them the best they could do was £1,200 ish.
Elephant.co.uk were cheapest for me at £927, although it was 7 months since I last got a quote. I'll definitely try Flux again in May though when I've got another years NCB.

clio 172 cup
i pay £700 and am 21 with 2yrs no claims and 3pts they wanted to renew mine at £1000 i done an online quote with them it came out as £700 i phoned up and said i wanted it for 700 they said its only 4 new customers so i said well i want to cancel the renew and created a new insurance the next day with them.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Flux were always a lot higher for me on my 1.4, will give them a try in April for the 172.

Privilege are sounding good, will have to give them a try.

i pay £700 and am 21 with 2yrs no claims and 3pts they wanted to renew mine at £1000 i done an online quote with them it came out as £700 i phoned up and said i wanted it for 700 they said its only 4 new customers so i said well i want to cancel the renew and created a new insurance the next day with them.

Similar to me, elephant online quote was £140 than elephant renewal! I told them I want the online price and they didn't argue one bit, was all sorted and renewed in a 5min call.

clio 172 cup
do an online quote and put in the best quote so far about half what u were getting and watch them match it.
when i was 19 i was getting stupid quotes for the cup 2-3k i said to adrian flux the best i was getting was 1k and they did my insure for that without asking for proof

330Ci (Fail)Sport
do an online quote and put in the best quote so far about half what u were getting and watch them match it.
when i was 19 i was getting stupid quotes for the cup 2-3k i said to adrian flux the best i was getting was 1k and they did my insure for that without asking for proof

That's weird, once I gave a real figure that I was quoted and was told they can't go anywhere near it.

BMW E46 330i Touring
My reg comes up as just a 172 on almost all insurance databases - I informed my current insurer that it was a Cup version and the she-monkey on the phone just said "yeah, that's what we've got".

As long as I'm making the effort to correct them, that's enough for me... luckily I've never had to battle an insurance company to pay out based on them putting down incorrect information!

For my current insurance renewal, elephant are the cheapest at £380, almost £300 more than my renewal price with HiC of £650. I'm waiting for Flux to call me tomorrow.