ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickr Profile Views?

I'm not fussed about the whole popularity aspect, I just think it's nice to see that someone wanted to look at your work so they obviously found it of some interest. More like a nice compliment in a roundabout kinda way...

That's true enough, it can give you a general idea of your photos that people clearly like/appreciate. My "Most Interesting" photos are generally the better of the ones I've taken, so it does kind of work.

Saying that, I've won fairly major competitions with photos that have never had a single comment or favourite (that are tagged/grouped as well as any others), which has been quite amusing to say the least but shows you shouldn't read too much into it.

Also, certain pics on flickr will always get more views. Anything with a hot female, anything to do with love/missing someone or that pic of the ring causing a shadow of a heart on the bible.. Im sure I see that everyday on explore.

Also, certain pics on flickr will always get more views. Anything with a hot female, anything to do with love/missing someone or that pic of the ring causing a shadow of a heart on the bible.. Im sure I see that everyday on explore.

Add Tilt Shift and HDR to that list as well, although they both seem to be calming down a little compared to how insanely popular they were.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I've got almost 50k photo views.

The most being this one, with 1435: ( NWS) http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodstreet/2716140339/

It's not even a good photo!! The entire top ten most views on my account are of women at shows!!! The closest car ones are of Williams 0001 at FCS.

Amazingly, some of the ones I took at Autosport this year have already cleared 200 views and have moved into the Top 20.

Flickr is full of perverts. lol

make that 1436.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I seem to get plenty of views but not many comments - could be why i never make explore lol!

15,773 total views
3,510 photostream views
1,677 set views

most viewed photo has 1,319

Ian

Focus TDCi
Add Tilt Shift and HDR to that list as well, although they both seem to be calming down a little compared to how insanely popular they were.

Hoping HDR has had it's day. I don't mind it sometimes, but so often it's just over the top. I've started messing with the saturation etc on mine a bit, but nothing like those levels.

make that 1436.

Seb: Flickr pervert. :cool:

do i have to be a ''pro'' to get these statistics?

Most of them aye, you can only see photostream views and if you go on the popular tab and then click views it'll give you stats for your most viewed photos, but that's about it.

I seem to get plenty of views but not many comments - could be why i never make explore lol!

15,773 total views
3,510 photostream views
1,677 set views

most viewed photo has 1,319

Which photo is that dude?

1.8 Civic EX
just put a bit more effort into finding some good groups, signed up and put some photos in the so let's see if my views increase....

Hyundai i40
my most viewed :eek:

3267676748_422732d108.jpg

only been on flickr about 2-3 weeks

but only really started playing with my camera properly these past few weeks

As above though, wouldn't you agree that it serves a purpose Greg? I know you're doing photography at uni, so don't you see it as means of exposure for your work, or is it not something you want to pursue? I totally agree that it's a popularity contest and I tend to ignore that side of it, but in a way it shows what the public are looking at in your photos.

Sorry I think I wrote what I meant in the wrong context :eek:

I meant I don't bother with it for the popularity. I love Flickr, use it for all my pictures, but don't try and ***** them into Explore, it merely serves a purpose to host my photos and to show people what I'm up to, like my friends and family. I'm not really bothered if 1000 people in outer mongolia see them or not :p

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol fair play mate, I getcha. OT, are you too far away to make the NW/Yorkshire meet on the 8th?

Gotta start somewhere Sarah, with photos like that you'll soon be on your way! I can't take lanscape shots for all the tea in China atm!

Hyundai i40
Lol fair play mate, I getcha. OT, are you too far away to make the NW/Yorkshire meet on the 8th?

Gotta start somewhere Sarah, with photos like that you'll soon be on your way! I can't take lanscape shots for all the tea in China atm!

thanx hun, loving ur self portrait pics on ur flickr.

had my camera about a yr now and its spent more time in its bag....i try to get out for a a couple hours every weekend while im ex has my son to get taking pics

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping HDR has had it's day. I don't mind it sometimes, but so often it's just over the top. I've started messing with the saturation etc on mine a bit, but nothing like those levels.

Seb: Flickr pervert. :cool:

Most of them aye, you can only see photostream views and if you go on the popular tab and then click views it'll give you stats for your most viewed photos, but that's about it.

Which photo is that dude?

Selective HDR of EVO and impreza

2366353503_ea0448f30e.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
No I won't be mate, got to work :(

My friend you suck, this meet will now be rendered useless without a Greg there. :p Maybe next time.

thanx hun, loving ur self portrait pics on ur flickr.

had my camera about a yr now and its spent more time in its bag....i try to get out for a a couple hours every weekend while im ex has my son to get taking pics

Thanks :eek: They're a result of spending too much time avoiding doing work! There's little substitute for practice, be good to see how things progress over the weekends. :)

most popular on 7 views. pmsl. epic.

That is quite possibly the most massive rabbit I have ever laid eyes upon. It's huge!

I meant I don't bother with it for the popularity. I love Flickr, use it for all my pictures, but don't try and ***** them into Explore, it merely serves a purpose to host my photos and to show people what I'm up to, like my friends and family. I'm not really bothered if 1000 people in outer mongolia see them or not :p

I do!! :D

If you took a pic today and it makes front page on explore. You'll get thousands of views and hundreds of comments/faves.

You're not wrong, all these chuffin randoms jumping all over my Photostream, it's usually a nice leisurely browse through my recent activity, mostly with comments and things from people I know, now it's just silly and I can't keep up...

479470755_WuULG-M.jpg

(I like the comment on the other one though!)

Fully deserved! :D

Those 2 are my faves fo sure. Id be tempted to edit out the lens flare thats about half way down, maybe.. Not sure if it works better with it or not..