ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat wipers

Monaco Blue 172
got email confirmation, so hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of days... and my free blue sidelight bulbs! lol :cool:

hope they wont squeak :S when i jet-washed the car recently i noticed the water ran off the windscreen a bit TOO readily.. methinks its been coated with rain-wizard or similar.. sometimes this does more harm than good!

Well maybe its just the ones that renault use then? I don't rate mine at all :(

maybe they are just a bad batch? they make more noise than my v6 std ones :(

Simon

Civic Type-R
MIght be :) Im very happy with mine dont make any noise at all and clean the screen much better than any I have had before.

My standard Renault fitted ones have lasted nearly two years and the screen is perfect, and I'm very particular about a clean screen. Go figure. Lots of money and for what????

Leon Cupra 300
blaze said:
My standard Renault fitted ones have lasted nearly two years and the screen is perfect, and I'm very particular about a clean screen. Go figure. Lots of money and for what????

its hardly a fortune, id replace them with these but only when needed replacing, the extra money is worth it to sort of de clutter that area, i think the wiper set-up looks a rite mess:mad:

BMW 320d SE
blaze said:
Shouldn't wiper blades be replaced anually as a matter of course? I would imagine 2 year old blades are going to be fairly shagged if you do an average yearly mileage? Mine barely last 9 months!

Civic Type-R
Lots of money lol? £28 for something that lasts a year or 2 isnt exactly gonna break the bank now is it :S

Monaco Blue 172
mine arrived today :D they're fab! :cool:

little awkward to fit but not too bad really. washed the windscreen before wiping them and they're so quiet! now to see what happens when i get a few bug splats :eek:

Monaco Blue 172
indeed i did, and indeed they do! they measure up pretty closely with the old valeo ones, in fact they might even be a few mm longer!

also did a good turn recycling one of the valeo's onto the back wiper... saved myself 8 quid there so total cost £20 ;)

Monaco Blue 172
ok thoroughly tested these today on a run out to swansea (it was pissing down this morning!) they cleared the screen well but i noticed when i arrived at my destination that the clips are slipping out of the wiper arm :dapprove: perhaps not so universal after all! because of the built in spoiler its kind of awkward to hook them on in the first place and also to see if the clip has clipped on properly (ya get what i mean). need to keep pulling them out every so often by the looks of it :S

also because the drivers side arm is slightly longer the pressure on that blade isnt quite as good, so theres a patch in the middle that doesnt always clear properly. its kind of behind the rv mirror so not such a biggy...

might just be my car thats behaving like this but thought it might be of interest...

BMW 320d SE
Good little report that :)
Have you made sure that the wiper arm has clicked into place? I sometimes have that problem with universal clips on wiper blades.

Civic Type-R
jooliona said:
ok thoroughly tested these today on a run out to swansea (it was pissing down this morning!) they cleared the screen well but i noticed when i arrived at my destination that the clips are slipping out of the wiper arm :dapprove: perhaps not so universal after all! because of the built in spoiler its kind of awkward to hook them on in the first place and also to see if the clip has clipped on properly (ya get what i mean). need to keep pulling them out every so often by the looks of it :S

I found this happened on mine too. Just get a pair of plyers and crush the U-shape bit that holds the wiper in a little so its a better fit. Have used mine for like 6months now and they havnt fallen out :)

Monaco Blue 172
cool, cheers for that. i probably need to pull them further to click but i'm scared to tug too much in case something breaks (innuendo not intended lol) :eek:

Monaco Blue 172
wrx-172 said:
Look well smart....so just to clarify two points.... Do they fit straight on? Are they £28 for a pair?
yes but they are a little awkward initially cos of the spoiler bit sticking up too close to the clip. bit of woggling required. u have to order 2 @£14 each so yeah £28 total :)

I fitted mine today and they are very nice. You have to be quite forcefull to get them to click that last bit. They look superb and do the job. Perfect if your OEM wipers need replacing. Highly recommended :)

Leon Cupra 300
not wanting to sound too much of a bad sastard but can you take a pic of the front end of the car so can see what look like, see how much it cleans it up?

Monaco Blue 172
haha one of mine fell off the other day! rescued it and yes decided to be a bit more forceful putting it back on so it clicked properly this time! lol

but i got some for my b/fs polo and he's not much impressed :|

What are these like at speed?

Don't want to get a black flag when one flies off on the back stretch ;)

Monaco Blue 172
i found they can lift off a bit >90mph, despite "built-in spoiler"

and they dont solve the problems of trapped water underneath passenger wiper, etc etc!

but they are nice and quiet at least ;)

Leon Cupra 300
ive ordered some and they coming tomorrow... should be fine

not too fussed about them lifting off over 90 because i dont plant doin that speed in the wet! :D

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Loony said:
I've had no problem with the Bosch blades fitted on the 182 or my 172 but when the dealer replaced my Bosch blades with Valeo ones on my 24k service on the 172 they never used to clear as well lasted half as long and looked cheap and nasty. Looks like we both had different experiences lol.

If theres one thing that the dealer will always try to screw you on during a service, its wiper blades. My parents have had there two cars serviced, and guess what needed replacing!?? WIPER BLADES!

BMW 320d SE
^Me too! All this rain recently has made me realise that my wipers have had it - they managed 16000 miles, so that's not too bad. I just hope they arrive before Friday, as I'll need them for my drive to Germany! :cool: :D

BMW 320d SE
I had an email from the supplier asking me to verify what car they were for. When I replied, he replied again and said that my order had been processed and they'd be going out today (Tuesday), so they should be here on Wednesday hopefully!
Other than that, it seems you don't get an official confirmation email of your order.

Monaco Blue 172
i'm not sure if i got a conf either. if i did it was so late that the stuff had arrived ahead of it lol

BMW 320d SE
I got mine today! I fitted them this evening, but haven't yet had a chance to test them out. They do look sweet though! :cool:

Abarth Grande Punto
still no email but got a card thru my door todayto collect a parcel ! But i am expecting some other stuff so hopefully it will be them!

Karlos69 said:
I got mine today! I fitted them this evening, but haven't yet had a chance to test them out. They do look sweet though! :cool:

Make sure they are snapped home. They can require extreme force to get them to click in properly. Mint though, I love mine. Great little low cost mod :approve:

BMW 320d SE
Yeah I made sure they clicked into place. I had to use them this morning and the drivers side one misses the screen where the arm connects to it. I might have to bend the wiper a little to rectify it. :rolleyes:

Abarth Grande Punto
mine arrived this morning! Had a bit of trouble fitting, used the clips from the standard wipers. Just clipped on then. Havent used them much but as far as i can see they work well!!