ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat wipers

1.8 Civic EX
a while back someone posted a link to a website that did those flat wiper blades like on the Audis. I did a search but can't find it...anyone remember??

cheers

133/225/CLS AMG
Just read this though -

" Please note these wiper blades cannot be retro-fitted so the blades on your car must already be of this type in order for them to fit correctly.
Legal and Easy to Fit "

Does that mean that unless you already have this kind of wiper you won't be able to fit them too your car??????

'92 172, Lotus Elise
my brother bought a flat wiper for his mk4 golf the other day

the whole wiper arm and blade only cost £17!

1.8 Civic EX
AlexJMills said:
Just read this though -

" Please note these wiper blades cannot be retro-fitted so the blades on your car must already be of this type in order for them to fit correctly.
Legal and Easy to Fit "

Does that mean that unless you already have this kind of wiper you won't be able to fit them too your car??????

they have a retro fit section now that will fit almost any car....I don't find the website all that abvious to navigate but this page should help most...

http://www.1stautobulbs.com/Searchwiper.php

Clio 172mk2
does the clio 172 really have 21" either side

21'' / Classic Fusion Flat Blade £ 14.00 each or

926 (21"/21") £ 40.00 (per pair

that doesnt add up to me

Leon Cupra 300
i might get some of these, as think the std ones sit a bit too proud of the windscreen! and also be good as winter comes etc.

so do i need the classic fusion 21" at 14 quid each, thats not bad at all

Leon Cupra 300
if you buy them as a pair they are 40 quid for 2 21" ones, if u buy them individually it works out at 28 quid for the pair... strange

Civic Type-R
Here they are on my Clio :) They clean the windscreen well good and look a lot smarter IMO

wiper1ej0.jpg

wiper2kk5.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
i do think they look quite neat. however when valeo ones are £6 for a pair, its a bit much to pay

RS 200
I have the Fusion ones too, £14 each blade. Seem to work pretty well with pressure applied right to the end of the blade. Also dont get any water drips cought in the framework like you do in normal ones which then flies up the screen in the wind.

Look quite neat on the front too.

Chris

Middo said:
i do think they look quite neat. however when valeo ones are £6 for a pair, its a bit much to pay

Reason for that is Valeo blades are s**t, lol. Better off replacing them with bosch ones if you are replacing with the conventional type of blade IMO.

Chocolate Bar™
had the bosch super + and they fell to bits. valeo are cheap and cheerful and i find that as long as i clean the screen properly when i wash the car they're perfectly adequately.

I've had no problem with the Bosch blades fitted on the 182 or my 172 but when the dealer replaced my Bosch blades with Valeo ones on my 24k service on the 172 they never used to clear as well lasted half as long and looked cheap and nasty. Looks like we both had different experiences lol.

Chocolate Bar™
they'll do until i crash in the rain ;)

in all honesty, i was tempted by these flat blades last time - so as soon as im feeling flush i'll probably give them a try and throw my cheap and nasty ones away

Monaco Blue 172
wxmlad said:
i like them^^^, the link to the website doesnt work for me tho
do u use firefox? if so try the link in IE ;)

i'm not really liking the valeo ones on just now, think i'm gonna splash out on these when the rains come

1.8 Civic EX
thinking about it...what about the rear wiper? anyone know what size it is on a mk1?!?! or even if these would work as a rear wiper? don't see any mention of rear ones on the site...

Monaco Blue 172
just put in order for these :D gonna chop up one of my old front ones and try to fit it onto the back... failing that i guess its a trip to Renault!

My Mk3 clio has flat wiper blades as std, don't reckon to much to them? they seem to clean worse than the normal ones on my V6, not sure why, they just seem to have far less pressure against the window? maybe I have a duff pair, not sure, but not imprssed so far?

Simon

Monaco Blue 172
maybe they're just old?

does anyone know how long these are supposed to last btw... at this price i'd hope to get at least a year out of them!

Monaco Blue 172
biojo said:
does the clio 172 really have 21" either side

21'' / Classic Fusion Flat Blade £ 14.00 each or

926 (21"/21") £ 40.00 (per pair

that doesnt add up to me
the "926" pair arent the retrofit/universal ones tho, i think they have the fancy connector on them. if u do a vehicle search for the clio the pair doesnt come up, u have to order 2 @ £14 (which most ppl will probably do anyway as its much cheaper!!)

altho i've not had a confirmation email yet so am wondering if my order went thru :S

These fusion one look the biz. I might get these to be honest. I always get marks on my windscreen when its pissing down and it pisss me off.

BMW 320d SE
My mate has these flat wipers on his mk5 Golf TDi, and tbh, I thought they were 10 times better than conventional wipers. They're quiet, and they work like a pair of squeegees (sp?). I'll definitely be ordering a pair when the time comes for replacement.