ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat spot, wont go past 4k *video*

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Would a knackered battery cause this? My battery is totally knackered think it might be playing up with the sensors

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
wouldnt of thought so, not if its got enougth power to start the engine. Once the car is running, the alternator can do the rest

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
you could well have a weak spark in extreme cases, though usually the alternator can do enough. If it's crap, you need a new battery anyway so just get it done and see if it's an improvement. If it's not, get plugged in to diagnostics. Guessing will get you nowhere fast

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Yeah well the coil pack isnt that old. Tested battery when running its reading 13.93v

Have even doubted myself and checked the timing again thinking iv done the cambelt wrong but its spot on. VVT solenoid is working,

Diagnostics comes up with nothing. If i put my foot to the floor it just hits a limiter about 4.5k

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
You did the cam belt yourself? Did you have the right/required timing tools? it could be that your ecu is going into a protection mode (it has detected a fault whilst running). Have you tried holding down the computer button whilst starting the car and seing if any codes appear?

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Nah i used tippex n stuff

I got t---h but reset it now iv just got ----h

Its like it has launch control lol but obv it aint. Shoft light flashes at 4000rpm and so does emissions light. They go back out once it returns to idle.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Stored faults
t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds
J means a fault has been noted on the fuel gauge. It must have disconnected for longer than 100 seconds. The resistance from the fuel tank sensor needs to be between 5 and 350 Ohms.
d means an injection signal fault has been detected
h means an oil level sensor fault has been detected. Resistance from the sensor should be between 6 and 20 Ohms. Any reading over 20Ohms is an open cicuit anything under 3 is a short circuit.

If no faults are logged then dashes will show fixed dashes.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Yeah seen that stuff. Service light is on but theres is plenty new oil in the car. Passenger side airbag is disconnected and the abs sensors are not plugged in but these shouldnt bother it

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
you need an ohm meter. test the ohms across it with it dsconnected. if its not between 6 and 20ohms (or near) then its not working/gone high resistance

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
then it cant be conencted to the ecu properly if its still showing a h error code. Were you being serious about using tippex to do the cam belt? that sounds really dodgy to me lol

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Nah mate lol used all locking tools genuine renault aswell.

Thats what i thought. Does the dash show ----h only for the engine oil level or is it for anything else

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
just check mine, it deff shows '----' for no faults. ---h must be a group of senesors as opposed to just the oil level then I guess? Have you tried it on clip? Renault might know what ---h means in detail (its a long shot but you never know!)

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
It isnt in limp mode though. The emissions light comes on when i rev it but goes out when it returns to idle. Throttle response is very slow. Doesnt limp mode fire up loads of lights and stays there till you switch it off and back on?

Will check brake fluid etc, gear oil is fine and pas fluid is fine.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Fixed now :) silly me forgot to tighten the ecu earth strap. Only noticed it cos i fiddled with the loom down there and the car stopped. Would explain why the immobiliser kept coming on too :)

Thanks for the input guys. Well chuffed now :)