ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red Difference???

Burbler
Yes someone else agrees! I was just chatting to a couple of peeps who have been somehow misled into thinking black or yellow are the best, and that flame red dynamics are more orange than flame reds sports?!

Flamered12 said:
Is the flame red paint the same on a dynamique as it is on a sport?

No - i'm pretty sure flame red only came on 172's, i'm sure the dynamique colour is different (a fair few shades in fact)
We have a flame red 172.

Burbler
I'l try and gets some good daylight pics up on this thread tomorrow, well 2day now i guess...Dam this site's addictive!!:D

Burbler
Thanks for that, though its hard to tell, it looks the same to me in your pic? like I said, i'll get some daytime pics and stick 'em on, after i've given her a long awaited clean n gleam:eek:

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
I've always felt that the dynamique colour looked different as well. Hard to tell tho as the shade of the Flame Red colour on mine changes with the light.

Is the red on the Dynamique metallic?

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
cat171 said:
No - i'm pretty sure flame red only came on 172's, i'm sure the dynamique colour is different (a fair few shades in fact)
We have a flame red 172.

thankyou! :)

320d M Sport
when i first got my 172, the flame red was unique to that model.
then they stuck it on a laguna and some of the other clio's too, its not that rare now.
best colour still tho!

Burbler
Yea its metallic, as you said, the shade does change alot in the light, so we may not be able to conclude this one just through pics!!! so me thinks a meet is required, only thing is, i'm pretty new to the site, only spoken to the kent rep a couple of times and he's out of action coz of his car:dapprove: maybe i'll pull up next to a sport at my local dealer ( if they have one) i'm goin that way today anyhow, i'll get a pic then if i can?

I was under the impression the only 172 colour offered on other models was pearl black. Unless they later changed this and Flame red is now available on all models. IIRC the only 182 colour you can get on other models is inferno (mainly on clio extremes) but i could be wrong.

Stealth Bomber R26
i have a 53 plate flamered 172 and when i bought it only the 172s were available in it but i think reno did later do other models in it as there is a dynamique parked in my works car park and it looks pretty much the same

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Flamered12 said:
My paint code is TEB76 I think?

Yep B76, thats the same colour as the 172 Flame Red. It was definitely the same colour available on the Dynamique as the 172.

Last edited:
  Burbler
Hmmm, end of then i guess! thanks for clearin it up Nik.
Heres my precious anyway!
Dull day doesnt help:dapprove:

Attachments

• P1010013.JPG
    P1010013.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 135
  • P1010014.JPG
    P1010014.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 104
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 105
  Mini Cooper S sport
Loony said:
IIRC the only 182 colour you can get on other models is inferno (mainly on clio extremes) but i could be wrong.

I saw a non-sport model in orange the other day - mistook it for a 182 from a distance then realised it wasn't. I wondered if it was inferno, so it must have been.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
nice pics but i'm still not convinced that's the best colour on a dynamique :p its just not special enough, and it blends into the red of the back lights in my opinion, black is best!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Nik said:
Yep B76, thats the same colour as the 172 Flame Red. It was definitely the same colour available on the Dynamique as the 172.

I much prefer the trophy red, nice pic!

Burbler
Yeah im in the process of doin the black bits, I did the sides, then the drivers door handle, I really need to do the pass one but its such an ar se gettin the handles on and off. Couldnt work out how to get the bits off the bumpers though, looked like unreversible clips but then thers people selling the inserts on ebay all the time so i guess there not?!:S

Oh and i'm planning on black LED lights so hopefully this will sway your view on the colour with the lights?!:D

VaVa
Loony said:
I was under the impression the only 172 colour offered on other models was pearl black. Unless they later changed this and Flame red is now available on all models. IIRC the only 182 colour you can get on other models is inferno (mainly on clio extremes) but i could be wrong.

I'm pretty sure they do the standard Clio in Monaco Blue too.

So the only individual colour to the phase 2 172 is Iceburg Silver.

Mazda MX5 1.8
they used to do separeate colours - flame red (172s), cherry red (normal clios), and mars red (extreme's) which are all similar but are different

from 04's they had flame red avaliable on the normal clios (and of course the lighter red which isnt metalic)

simple as that

Lee

BMW M2C
lagerlout1 said:
I'm pretty sure they do the standard Clio in Monaco Blue too.

So the only individual colour to the phase 2 172 is Iceburg Silver.

I reckon they are the same colour, the only difference being that in both Flame red and Monaco blue on the 172 it's a pearlescent finish not metallic.

Has has a blue 1.2 which was supposed to be the same colour as my old 172, but side by side the difference was noticable.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Flamered12 said:
Yeah im in the process of doin the black bits, I did the sides, then the drivers door handle, I really need to do the pass one but its such an ar se gettin the handles on and off. Couldnt work out how to get the bits off the bumpers though, looked like unreversible clips but then thers people selling the inserts on ebay all the time so i guess there not?!:S

Oh and i'm planning on black LED lights so hopefully this will sway your view on the colour with the lights?!:D

how did you colour it ureself? i was thinking of paying for my bfs to be coloured but its like £300!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Lee said:
I reckon they are the same colour, the only difference being that in both Flame red and Monaco blue on the 172 it's a pearlescent finish not metallic.

Thanks for that Lee, it makes my car feel special again. Can't have these bloody dynamique driving peasants getting ideas above their station!

:clown:

Lee

BMW M2C
Rick said:
Thanks for that Lee, it makes my car feel special again. Can't have these bloody dynamique driving peasants getting ideas above their station!

I might not be right though. :eek:

At least you don't have a solid red car as used on the lower models. :clown:

Burbler
Rick said:

Whats all this about?:mad:
Ooooh you big engine fellas dont like the little guys do ya...
...Must be the raging power of the 1.2 that frightens you i'm sure ;)

Every car is special, the world is amazing, i love trees etc etc :hail:

Burbler
mrscyberblob said:
how did you colour it ureself? i was thinking of paying for my bfs to be coloured but its like £300!
well mrs cyberblob, how handy are you with a small compressor, touch up spray gun, some paint and lots of effort?:)