ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame Red DCi 172 Rep.

Many.
Stay silver on the wheels.

Too late! However I've still not finished them, Lacking time!

Going to be giving this two stoke oil thing a go. Pump and injector failure is the only thing I am seriously worried about going on the DCI

It'll do it wonders.

It's working wonders in mine. Not had one heck up with the two stroke. ( I've gone mineral low ash ) - mercedes owners recommended

Good to hear :)

If I said I got the £5 asda bottle would you crucify me? It's also low ash and mineral.

That'll be fine, that is all mine gets really, whatever I can find cheap!

Many.
Haven't updated in ages, few things have happened....

Roughly in order...

Firstly, Fitted undertay, Non-sports never have them, which I always thought was s**t.
null_zpsba2a467e.jpg

Had a slight issue with charging, so new alternator, and new terminal (heavily corroded), Along with new aux belt kit.
null_zps389a8cd3.jpg

null_zps1efe06c4.jpg

RenaultSport Mats...
null_zps1b44a51c.gif

Ever since fitting the wide track, I'd noticed the drivers wheel to sit further back in the arch, tracked this down to be the subframe. Decided, after work one day to change it...
null_zpsffbf7b89.jpg

Stripped, only took about half an hour
null_zpsfb0b7ee7.jpg

Finished it quickly, wheels now sit correctly...
null_zpsd23fbc28.jpg

null_zps553b805d.jpg

After having it all apart, and now the wheels sat correctly, took it to get it tracked... Now drives spot on.
null_zpsac9c301e.jpg

Bury St Edmunds meet....
null_zps73d0f300.jpg

Diesel Fwiends!
null_zps455b2c56.jpg

Clio Fwiends...
null_zps3be804bc.jpg

Flamer Fwiends (lol)
null_zps30397a36.jpg

null_zps3ff2c879.jpg

Fitted an 80 intercooler, Mainly to stop the boost leak I've had for ages, has made it maybe 1mph faster, Mostly due to no boost leak!
null_zpsc62e31d7.jpg

Today, Coilover time!
null_zps0efffc10.jpg

Before height....
null_zps38b0c491.jpg

null_zpsaa1652fb.jpg

After, Front only, This is about as low as these will go, not low enough tbh!
null_zpsa212f8ed.jpg

null_zpsb5ad19bd.jpg

Wound it up a little, reversed off the drive, heard the bumper scrape and thought it was a bit louder than normal, Jumped out the car, errupted in laughter.
null_zps190ad14a.jpg

Returned it to shocks and springs for a few days until I get some camber bolts to rectify it, as the GAZ don't have the same amount of camber, causing the wheels to rub on the wings, Plus I need it to be lower!

Thats about all for now, Not completely lost the love for this car, but not feeling the same as I did for it a couple of months back.

Many.
Its not just that, but yeah, cars now been keyed both sides, Plus other paint inperfections etc, It now needs a full respray. So thats the plan for next year, most likely.

TT QS
Car looks wicked! How hard is the wide track conversion? And can you still you use your suspension etc? Proper noob about these sort of things but I'd love it done to mine

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Backtracking on the project a little, regarding aftermarket sport seats, an aside question.

Have you had any warning lights, error codes or general ECU issues with airbags? Mine is being awkward given the introduction of seats with side airbags (that may or may not have been blown and repacked by the previous owner, much to my annoyance and sh*t).

Many.
Car looks wicked! How hard is the wide track conversion? And can you still you use your suspension etc? Proper noob about these sort of things but I'd love it done to mine

I wouldn't say its hard, but then I don't view anything has hard, Its all bolts at the end of the day. You have to use sport shocks, Depending on what the hubs are from (cup vs non cup really). Its hassle sourcing it all, Luckily I got the whole lot from one guy, then it was just getting new bits like braided lines, bushes, discs & pads etc. Does handle as good, or better than a sport now though.

That bumper picture made me laugh.

It made me and Paris laugh very hard. Quick release bumper!

Backtracking on the project a little, regarding aftermarket sport seats, an aside question.

Have you had any warning lights, error codes or general ECU issues with airbags? Mine is being awkward given the introduction of seats with side airbags (that may or may not have been blown and repacked by the previous owner, much to my annoyance and sh*t).

I'm lucky in the fact I was able to save the plugs and they haven't caused me an issue yet like they do most people, especially when retrofitting. If you've already cut the plugs and soldered the wiring, then the airbag will be the issue, If you haven't cut off the plugs and soldered it yet, I suggest you do that first as thats the problem 90% of the time on any car, not just Clio's :)

Had some fun in the Clio tonight too, If it wasn't so fun to drive, It would have been sold by now, but it puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it for fun.

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
I'm lucky in the fact I was able to save the plugs and they haven't caused me an issue yet like they do most people, especially when retrofitting. If you've already cut the plugs and soldered the wiring, then the airbag will be the issue, If you haven't cut off the plugs and soldered it yet, I suggest you do that first as thats the problem 90% of the time on any car, not just Clio's :)

Ah, see the geezer I bought mine from over fleabay seemed to have drawn the sword of Damacles and cleaved it in twain. In other words, he f**king butchered it. Had to resort to scavving parts from the originals. Thankfully my stepdad was on hand to do said soldering, because aside from the fact I haven't soldered since I was in school, electricals just wreck my life.

Many.
So, Started the day like this...
null_zps7e48411c.jpg

Coilovers fitted on the rear first..
null_zps7ae1b3d3.jpg

null_zps35b41076.jpg

Then refitted the front coilovers....
null_zpsf769e120.jpg

null_zps6f842a50.jpg

null_zps4147c61e.jpg

While I had it all apart, changed the top mount bearing for a used spare one I had, as I've smashed a fourth one in 6months. Solid mounts coming soon.
null_zps2953aea5.jpg

Still not as low as I'd like really, but its as low as it can go really. Just need to do the tracking tomorrow and bent the bumper bracket as it rubs.

Still don't love it either, another reason for going this low, as I don't care if it gets fucked now!

Many.
Took the coilovers off, Was too harsh for my daily use and it just annoyed me tbh. So now back on the old shocks and springs and the coilovers are up for sale once they have been refurbed.

Still not washed it, its devloping further into a brown car....
null_zpse1f06f76.jpg

null_zps0259bbd2.jpg

Tonight...
null_zps32ef9ee7.jpg

In other, better news, these turned up the other day...
null_zpsd5c47002.jpg

Fitted to shocks..
null_zps3e35a0a7.jpg

Then, after a bit of f**king around drilling, fitted to the car..
null_zpsbd7a5bbb.jpg

Can feel some more smaller bumps, but steering is improved for sure, Mostly glad to know I won't be smashing the standard bearings every six months though.

Have a couple of other plans in the pipeline soon, but its also going for a MOT soon as it runs out on the 1st of Jan, so wanna get it in early and hopefully have it pass!

Til next time!

Many.
Few bits to update....

Changed the dash loom again, now everything works (Auto headlights didn't work as the loom I fitted was missing it), Also picked up twin pump washer bottle and a couple of other bits.
null_zpsd67b00f0.jpg

null_zpsbd96ec35.jpg

Actually had the seats and carpet out too but no pics of that as I just wanted to get on with it.

New 3" exhaust tip turned up, this will be recessed into the bumper, using a 182 exhaust surround.
null_zps8aedd02c.jpg

I washed the car poorly last weekend, since then its had a lot of use, and a lot of dirty back lanes, so was in a bit of a state...
497B8908-C92E-412A-B146-1B1446202CA5_zpsqjup3nsx.jpg

4187AE92-6ACB-4D8C-A9FC-266F2082D7FE_zpsiv7enmfq.jpg

Colour of the water from just the upper panels. Wheels were removed, arches jet washed and wheels cleaned & sealed. Also fitted both front arch liners at long last.
5A117D38-E0D4-492B-902C-ACD2A003671B_zpsnnpxoumr.jpg

Also fitted my new rear tyres while the wheels were off..
B3516143-3BF6-41C7-AE7A-6B0473B1E1DB_zpsezkyngck.jpg

Nice and clean, although now its easier to see I haven't got around to painting the rear wheels, Will get on this ASAP.
9F30D510-C9AD-416F-B0EB-C4FB16914F57_zpsxn8s6shx.jpg

90E544AF-9CCC-4D71-98A5-75E9BE325EEF_zpss7mupkpm.jpg

MOT is Tuesday, and theres a hell of a lot to be done before then....

Front ABS sensor needs changing
Sort out exhaust tip, or at least a proper bracket.
Plumb up the headlight washers and program UCH.
Finish cruise control
Change subframe (bent!)

Hopefully it'll pass though, then tax is up for renewal (£30!).

Merry Christmas :)

Many.
You car must fall apart the amount you have it stripped out haha! My drivers arch liner went walk abouts the other day... Dammit!

Luckily it doesn't fall apart on the road, but everything comes apart easily yeah! Even when I first started playing with it, never had a problem with it.

There has been some work gone into this mate! However top marks! Looking forward to seeing this tomorrow :)

Cheers buddy :)

Right, Few bits to update...

Sunday morning I got up early, as Dr Jekyll was coming round with his PH1, So made time to get a couple of little jobs done on mine.

Firstly, changed the N/S ABS sensor after I smashed it changing a CV boot the other day. Also plummbed up headlight washers (fitted tank etc a week or two ago)
7D720C42-A5D4-4924-88AE-3E1FE8CA1960_zpsrnj9xed2.jpg

Then, gave it another wash :eek:, I had covered it in screen wash testing the headlight washers, and it was dirty from the night before.
B6533CEE-49A7-4090-A0CD-C9A0D280AB99_zps4o7uwwtx.jpg

63B753C6-A8C2-4E2B-AE52-448A27B9AA9C_zps7laojkdl.jpg

Last night I had a few bits delivered to me from another CS Member, Subframe, 182 Cup Wishbones, Complete disc rear beam inc handbrake cables, discs, pads etc, Renaultsport Sill Trims and a couple of other bits.
46E1DE97-4F03-4024-B909-BB054FFFF2B4_zpsjyk1fucy.jpg

Cliosport Driveway :D
4607AEF4-7171-42D3-B0D3-F87C8FAE2DF2_zpslwpu7b8z.jpg

Programmed Headlight washers into the UCH, I added the wiring (from bulkhead to bottle) when I fitted the bottle etc, It was already on the dash loom!
580E0C52-346E-44C3-9CAD-B9335A70445F_zpsxdx2d5gt.jpg

Renaultsport Sill Trims fitted!
53819BD8-C1C6-480C-933A-4749F41EBB65_zpsdbivydyu.jpg

I do now also have working Cruise Control, Just need to program the Dials, which is being harder than expected.

Also Today was its MOT, was worried about a couple of things, but flew through, no advisories or anything!

Next plans are to finally refurb and respray the rear wheels, fit the bits I recently bought, smooth rear wiper panel, and then get it in for respray, although some saving to be done first!

:)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Leave the wheels silver!

And honestly fella it sits perfect as it is - you should be happy with it!

Many.
Great project mate :race:

Cheers dude.

So thats you got rear discs! You going to change the full axle or just the hubs over?

Full beam as it gives me chance to paint it all etc.

Leave the wheels silver!

And honestly fella it sits perfect as it is - you should be happy with it!

You've said that before lol, I like the grey, I do also the silver I admit but we'll see.

I am quite happy with it, Needs a few more bits before I'm perfectly happy with it, but its a huge change from the standard car I started with in January.

2007 Clio 197
Good call. Im in the middle of doing a rear disc conversion on my clio also. Need to get new pads, so they wont be getting done until after Christmas.

I dont think you've done the front brakes yet, if you want bigger ones, I believe you can fit the 1*2 hubs in to fit the 1*2 brakes on. As you said about the rear though, you need to ensure you get the correct hubs. I picked a set up cheap of off ebay, then noticed they were non-abs. all you need to change from memory is the wishbones and steering rack along with the hubs and abs rings!

Many.
Good call. Im in the middle of doing a rear disc conversion on my clio also. Need to get new pads, so they wont be getting done until after Christmas.

I dont think you've done the front brakes yet, if you want bigger ones, I believe you can fit the 1*2 hubs in to fit the 1*2 brakes on. As you said about the rear though, you need to ensure you get the correct hubs. I picked a set up cheap of off ebay, then noticed they were non-abs. all you need to change from memory is the wishbones and steering rack along with the hubs and abs rings!

Mine already has the complete 172 front setup, wider track, so thus fills the arches better, and as part of that you have to fit the 172 hubs. You need to do the whole lot, shocks, hubs, wishbones, ARB, driveshafts and brakes (due to the hubs)

Many.
With your top mounts, I thought the plate was meant to sit under the strut not on top?

I still have that exhaust surround for you pal sorry. I can send it this weekend?

Nope that's how they are meant to be, silver bit tidys them up, putting it under the strut would make the car slightly higher too.

That would be good, pm me your PayPal.

Many.
As I posted a while ago, I bought a huge 3inch exhaust tip, Well finally got to fit it all today!

First up, what the old setup was like, Bodged together quickly when I cut the backbox off a few months ago.
04340660-9C88-4AD4-B297-962A454E9C5D_zpshhkdwtzv.jpg

Cut the old downward pointing tip off, then marked the bumper using a 182 exhaust trim
FD850300-5962-4D77-981B-9576A294B73F_zpszygayjvj.jpg

Masked up and half cut out
5D85EEA2-D21F-4F66-AF27-A1D9DC7E9276_zpsynjuc4dk.jpg

Then welded on the adaptor, three inch tip and hanger (poly mount used!)
657A99F1-BA18-4A18-94E0-4A66F0018C05_zpsejbcit2c.jpg

Finished tip
28C7F43F-678C-4E52-BDED-8024F035E7D8_zps0htjnung.jpg

5D856963-293B-4844-97FB-88D2B487C8F2_zps8vyo1vxv.jpg

36D9FC72-F897-4975-84E2-F868C43745D9_zpssyr8fj8d.jpg

Its good enough for me, Its perhaps a little too far to the right, but was the best way to do it as far as routing goes.

:)

Many.
Forgot to reply to people in here, So multi-quote ftw.

Looks good Alex, outwards rolled tips suit the Clio but rarely seen

Does look awesome, I'm not a huge fan of inward rolled, I don't think it would have suited it in this case either.

haha looks like mine :D . same tip and adaptor to old exhuast pipe, accept i havent got a trim :(

You need to post your car up more!

He doesnt have a trim he just hasnt give mine back so i currently only have one!!

I have one, its just in the post somewhere (I hope!), and its your fault you've not had it back!

I ant that zhaust soooooo bad! Looks sick!

I ain't doing another one before you ask! lol It wasn't much of a pig, but thats because its too far to the right, making it further to the left would be a proper pain in the ass.

lOL bet that was a fun convo ' I need your exhaust surround trim '

Who said I didn't just steal it :p I didn't, Paris knew, I just didn't give him an option. I did remove it in mcds carpark though lol.

I have done a little today too, Painted all the rear beam bits, so might have that to update soon, if I can fit it in around all the other jobs I have to do before I go back to work!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I don't post my DCI up much anymore as I haven't done feck all to it for months on months.
will do when I'm knee deep in engine oil ( sounds wrong I know lol )

haha , get the other trim for me ;)

Many.
You make it sound like you have a choice ;) I'm sure for the right price you'll do it ;) hahaha!

Ha, Milions :D

I don't post my DCI up much anymore as I haven't done feck all to it for months on months.
will do when 'm knee deep in engine oil ( sounds wrong I know lol )

haha , get the other trim for me ;)

I don't really know what your car looks like. I can't go a month without doing stuff to it, I get bored easily and I like improving it, keeps me busy!

I think Paris would moan more then! Hes moaning enough about missing one!

I need to make a cut out in my bumper, how did you go about cutting it?

Got the trim in place (bare in mind it wont fit up flush until you cut the bottom out of the bumper) marked it up, cut it out with an airsaw and then filled it until it fitted perfectly. I'll probs need to modify it to fit the carbon surround I have coming as the plastic standard one flexes.

Hope that helps.

Might have a little update tomorrow, Got the rear beam all painted up over the last few days, and assembled it today, looks good.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I don't really know what your car looks like. I can't go a month without doing stuff to it, I get bored easily and I like improving it, keeps me busy!

I think Paris would moan more then! Hes moaning enough about missing one!

goo look at my previous threads of it all clean lol , its just a dci at the end of the day now, not doing anything else but service it now as my other clio is now taking up ' play time '.
wish this fecking guy would get his arse into gear and send me the complete loom/ecu/gearbox and full pd 130 engine. got the clio wiring diagrams thanks to the lad ( never remember his name lol )

going to be fun with the ecu to dash/ cluster loom modifications as I can only just make them out.

fancy a wiring project once ive got the engine and engine bay modifications done ? ;)

haha he wont mind the other trim missing :p

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'll do all the fab and engine building ( yes we've got body jigs at work )
you can do the wiring. It'll be bloody easy with it being Renault engine and wiring. 6 speed box might give us headaches

I've desided to go 6 speed aswell, just hoping I haven't go to turn the whole front end into a spaceframe

the lads that did the pd conversion on the mk2 golfs made it look easy ( got the build thread of one in my profile) imob on Clio is going to piss me off I can see it now

Many.
I hope the engine will fit without too much work, I saw a few posts about the Ren 6speed box that said the chassis needs cutting, which shouldn't be too bad tbh, Will end up stronger than factory! Shafts I can imagine will be a pain, If I wasn't aiming for 200bhp and over 350 lbft I'd cut and shut the shafts. Wiring could be a pain, as the doner car will be Canbus, and I want to keep everything factory looking until you pop the bonnet, bar the intercooler in the lower grill anyway.

Other things I can see being a pain is finding a DCi 100 shifter & cables, and the height of the engine, Sump isn't too low on my clio as it is, but theres also not a lot of space to the bonnet I believe, so hope the 2.0 isn't too much bigger.

Its all a good plan in my head, I just hope it works out. Gotta spend some dough on the doner car though, 2.0's ain't cheap! If/When I do it though, Probs be the first?!

Can get the imob removed from the Clio stuff I think.