ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting spacers on 1.2

2003 1.2 billabong
Now this might sound like a stupid question but where the rears are drums will spacers still bolt on fine like the fronts would ?

Sorry again if i'm being an idiot :)

2003 1.2 billabong
Yeah you can still use spacers on the rear.

Having drums doesn't stop you mate :)

What size are you thinking of going?

ive got a set of 15mm hubcentric spacers on the way with longer bolts to widen the track with the 172 wheels i got, its just in some places i have seen people mention that they had to grind 2mm off the drum face to get them to sit flush or something ( the seller said he had to do it to his, dont know why i thought they would just bolt straight on )

2003 1.2 billabong
oh right.

from what he said i gathered it was the slight lip thats on the drum that had to be grinded .

I dont know what make of spacer they are but i guess i'll find out if i need to when they arrive. have you had any problem with yours ?

Hmm, I haven't heard of anyone doing that before. You never know though, could be a funny shape on the back or something :S

Haven't had any problems so far. Going to grind back the spigot when I can so the spacer isn't touching the front of it.

Saying that, I'll probably take a wheel off one day and my spacer will be snapped like in the other thread xD

2003 1.2 billabong
i just re read his email and i think he ment the sprigot lol.

I guess ill have to whip the grind out or take it down the breaker boys and ask them to skim a bit off for me. he said they were made to fit with his 172 wheels and that was only thing that needed doin.

Haha that would be my luck to, what size spacers do you have btw ? and what wheels ?

do you get any rubbing issues at all ?