ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting some AST top mounts and Eibach springs.. Advice needed

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I'm fitting some eibach springs and AST top mounts tomorrow on my Clio 182 with Cup Pack, I just want to make sure i definatly won't need spring compressors, before I loose my hand? :p

Also am I best to leave the camber adjustment, unchanged until I get my tracking redone? Leaving the 3 AST bolts towards the front of the car isn't changing the castor/ camber right?

How oftern do the bolts on the suspension leg snap when trying to remove them? as I have no spares :( going to coat them in WD40 today to help prevent this happening.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
for the cost of £30ish id get some spring compressors from your local halfords today.

if you dont need/use them you can take them back, but you dont want to get halfway through the job a realise you need them. i used them when i changed my sportlines but have read they people have done them without.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mike, don't forget to jack both sides otherwise you'll be fighting the pre-load from the ARB. The 3xbolts positioned forward will tilt the strut back slightly and add a small amount of caster.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
Three bolts towards the front is max caster iirc? thats how mines set up atm anyways...
You dont need spring compressors, Fred and I had my springs off no probs, and I just pushed the spring down while fred buzzed the nut back on.