ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting mk1 clio williams dash

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
As the title says really,are there going to be any problems fitting the williams dash to a 1.2 oasis?My mate has purchased the dash for his
car and wants a hand to swap it over the weekend,any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Physically fits fine but you wont have the wiring for the centre dials apart from possibly the oil level iirc, its been years since I've done it!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ahh right,ok,this is going to be fun then,me and my mate aint really got a clue how to go about it,we just have loads of common sense but not much else.

94' Valver F4R'd
Hi,
The Williams dial are 150mph clocks and 8000Rpm rev counter,
Your current dials are 140mph and will probably be incorrect.
My 1.4RT has a rev counter and it goes to 7000rpm (redline 6200 ;) So this will also be wrong IF you can wire it up that is!

The centre LCD display will not work either becasue your car does not have the tempreture sensor in the current wiring loom, So unless you bodge something that wont work either!

Let us know how you get on if you try :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Cheers for that,looks like its going to be worse taking it off than putting the new one on,will let you know how it goes.