ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Corbeau Clubsports

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Wanting to fit these in a mk2 clio 172 cup, just wondering do i literally just buy OMP subframes and bolt them in then the seat bolts to subframe or is there modification ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1204.PNG
    IMG_1204.PNG
    182.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1205.PNG
    IMG_1205.PNG
    194.2 KB · Views: 110
The OMP frames sit wonky as well and require spacers to level out. As above Jon Foz xlow frames are what you want, unless you're a short arse then get the standard ones.

I've recently fitted a set in my cup so will give my input.

You need:
  • Subrames of your choice (I found the super low subframes too low - I'm quite short so without the sliders on the seat it was just too low for me. If you're tall it won't be an issue)
  • The side mounts that come with the seat
  • The Seat
  • x4 Bolts to mount the subframe to the car (m8 x 60mm high tensile - re use the nuts that are originally on the car)
  • x4 Bolts to mount the side mount to the subframe (m8 x 25mm - I went for allen heads)
  • x4 Bolts to mount the seat to the side mounts (should come with the seats I believe)
I originally fitted without the sliders but as mentioned it wast just sitting far too low so I had to mount the sliders to lift it an inch and also like the ability of moving the seat for other people. They were a pain in the bum to fit though. You need more of the M8 x 25mm bolts and a lot of patience. When fitted the sliding mechanism is poor, I find one side usually slides further than the other it's just not very good but I fitted it mainly for the extra height.

I left the standard plastic spacers on that were under the original seats and replaced one of the subframe bolts with an eyelet and spreader plate which I have hooked a seatbelt clip to to retain standard belts until I have a cage to mount harnesses correctly.

They are easy to fit once you have the right fixing and figure out what is going where. You'll need some 3.3ohm resistors for the airbag plugs under the seats to keep the lights off.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I've recently fitted a set in my cup so will give my input.

You need:
  • Subrames of your choice (I found the super low subframes too low - I'm quite short so without the sliders on the seat it was just too low for me. If you're tall it won't be an issue)
  • The side mounts that come with the seat
  • The Seat
  • x4 Bolts to mount the subframe to the car (m8 x 60mm high tensile - re use the nuts that are originally on the car)
  • x4 Bolts to mount the side mount to the subframe (m8 x 25mm - I went for allen heads)
  • x4 Bolts to mount the seat to the side mounts (should come with the seats I believe)
I originally fitted without the sliders but as mentioned it wast just sitting far too low so I had to mount the sliders to lift it an inch and also like the ability of moving the seat for other people. They were a pain in the bum to fit though. You need more of the M8 x 25mm bolts and a lot of patience. When fitted the sliding mechanism is poor, I find one side usually slides further than the other it's just not very good but I fitted it mainly for the extra height.

I left the standard plastic spacers on that were under the original seats and replaced one of the subframe bolts with an eyelet and spreader plate which I have hooked a seatbelt clip to to retain standard belts until I have a cage to mount harnesses correctly.

They are easy to fit once you have the right fixing and figure out what is going where. You'll need some 3.3ohm resistors for the airbag plugs under the seats to keep the lights off.
Seems like a lot to do thanks though i'll find some standard subframes i am not very tall but not a midget either haha

Renault Clio 172 Cup
If you want to use sliders get the Jon Foz x low, if you're under 5ft 10" get the omp subframes if you don't want sliders.

@LeeRS these are what I'm using from a guy on here. Works well with standard belts.

Attachments

• IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3061.JPG
    IMG_3061.JPG
    424.9 KB · Views: 138
Where di you buy these from as i would like to keep standard seat belts until i get harnesses
I got them from a guy on here, he made them up.

Think they are some form of peugeot rear belt and some harness material cut up. They do the job nicely

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I got them from a guy on here, he made them up.

Think they are some form of peugeot rear belt and some harness material cut up. They do the job nicely
How else would i use the original seat belts ? Would i have to buy something or can i just leave the original buckle and fit the seats ?

How else would i use the original seat belts ? Would i have to buy something or can i just leave the original buckle and fit the seats ?
You're original seat buckle will be stuck to the seat so you can't use that.

You could search ebay for a solution, a single rear belt with some material may be the solution. Get creative as there is no quick answer I can give you

Renault Clio 172 Cup
You're original seat buckle will be stuck to the seat so you can't use that.

You could search ebay for a solution, a single rear belt with some material may be the solution. Get creative as there is no quick answer I can give you
I am taking back seats out so i suppose i could use the buckles haha