ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Corbeau Club Sport Seats

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Might be a daft a question as I guess it depends on the driver, but any body have a preference between the standard and XL seats? Trying to decide which to get. Obviously width of the seat will depend on if you can fit in it or not, but more thinking of comfort in general, don't wanna be squashed in the seat.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Might be a daft a question as I guess it depends on the driver, but any body have a preference between the standard and XL seats? Trying to decide which to get. Obviously width of the seat will depend on if you can fit in it or not, but more thinking of comfort in general, don't wanna be squashed in the seat.

What size waist are you? If you're more than 30 or 32 at a push then you'll want the XL.

XL is the way for a road car, gives you space to get in with a jacket on and take fat passengers around without the embarrassment of them not fitting in a standard one (which are snug to be fair)

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Yeah this is what I was thinking, better for daily use. I've ordered the XL, Roll on March!

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I fitted my new Clubsports today, great seats and really pleased with them (although they did come with quite a few marks on the shell backs, I’ll be sending an email to Corbeau).

My plan was to fit them without the sliders as I thought they’d be better for me as I’m v tall but having played about with them I’ve found that without the sliders you get them about an inch lower but the furthest back fixed position is about 2.5 inches further forward than if you have the sliders fitted.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
I have a set about to be fitted, i ideally want to keep the slider on the drivers seat, but heard they are not that great with loads of movement from side to side, anyone else experienced this?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
M
I have a set about to be fitted, i ideally want to keep the slider on the drivers seat, but heard they are not that great with loads of movement from side to side, anyone else experienced this?
Mine seem absolutely fine not loads of movement at all with the sliders, just make sure all nuts and bolts are done up nice and tight.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Sounds good, I'm getting mine on Friday, I think I'm going to fit the sliders, maybe the side to side movement is something they've improved with the new model?

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
62A79041-2BCE-4AB2-80D8-D57091556FC7.png
Sounds good, I'm getting mine on Friday, I think I'm going to fit the sliders, maybe the side to side movement is something they've improved with the new model?
They are great seats, be interested to see the finish on yours when you get them, mine are a little rough around the edges but I suppose they are a budget seat.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
They do a look a bit scuffed. Even if they are a budget seat, I wouldn't expect that from a brand new product.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Looking good man, I didn't realised they'd changed the slots for the harnesses to come through the seat, I preferred the old style of this if I'm honest, something else they've obviously changed for the new seats. Looking forward to getting mine even more now :)