ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Component Speakers

RB 182
Got some SPL Dynamic components that I had in my old Saxo that I need to put in the Clio. Been searching on here and don't fancy taking the dash off so was thinking about mounting the tweeters on the bit of plastic above the door cards where the mirror adjuster would be instead. Had them there on my old Saxo.

To wire them up, am I right in thinking I can just disconnect the standard tweeters and wire the crossovers to the wire for the door speakers? Apparently the door speakers receive the full signal from the headunit as there are no crossovers on the standard speakers, and all the tweeters do is filter out the low pass signal with a resistor?

Would this work ok? How have people on here wired up their components?

RB 182
Did you wire up yours the same way? Thinking about amping mine up in the future but will need to put better wires in for the speakers

1.2 16v clio
you can cut the loom and wire in the crossover before the headunit but it will be hassle in the long run

your better off removing the top part of the dash its not hard to do and your also better off running wires through the doors since if your planning on amping it will be alot less hassle then having to take everything off again mate

Mine are under the dash too, easy job to do really, it took me 5 mins to remove the dash. Also cut the standard loom and wired the crossover inbetween, so if needed you could just change the speakers back to standard using the standard connector blocks.

The second pair I installed I also just cut the loom. Couldn't be bothered rewiring. Just got a Female > male ISO extender, cut that behind head unit so I didn't actually have to cut car loom.