ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted these washer jets

Tried the under bonnet method as i fear for my life with the paint work. I looked inside and it seemed the part was too big for the hole? an illusion maybe?
Will have another crack but i was going at it earlier with no success.

For £7 i just need to see the action for myself. If i dont like them then ill sell on here for a knock down super Pedro price.

Laguna sport tourer
anyone thought about heated washer jets?
as them freezing up seems to be the biggest problem i have

I wouldnt bother. By the time you come to use them, chances are the enginebay has warmed everything up anyway.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
i Don't see the point in this. people say OE ones spray over the top simple answer using a pin re-direct the spray.

i think people are doing it just for the sake of it, pointless and a waste of time but thats just me.

My std ones were spraying well, not too high or too low, but that's not the point. these new ones will spread the liquid in a larger area, being more efficient overall. check the videos. plus you'll never have to adjust them

My std ones were spraying well, not too high or too low, but that's not the point. these new ones will spread the liquid in a larger area, being more efficient overall. check the videos. plus you'll never have to adjust them

your standard ones are spraying well thats my point. Do they clean your windscreen yes so why change them, just a waste of money and time.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
your standard ones are spraying well thats my point. Do they clean your windscreen yes so why change them, just a waste of money and time.
these spray better ;) why not buying them? why buy eibach springs, the OE ones are good enough... you get my point
waste of time.. took me 2 mins

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Just a heads up for anyone wanting some...called my local Citroen dealer and they quoted me £5.50 ish each...as Citroen had put them up by almost £1.45 in the space of 6 days! So its more expensive now (as 2.5% move VAT would not equal £1.50 increase!) just so you are aware.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
Nothing wrong with mine tbh but they never seem to aim where the fack I position them to :/ think the other posts about this mod where right, they look so much better :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I got mine fitted the other day - brilliant job :D

Then the drivers side one became a bit "twitchy" today - sometimes it only shoots enough to reach the bloody wiper!
The passenger side is fine though - explain that one anybody? lol

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Is there any guides on retro fitting headlight washers to a 172 cup ?
I'm not aware of such a guide but you'll need another reservoir for the liquid, the one from a normal 172, which has 2 pumps attached to it, then the hoses and the 2 bumper jets. not sure about the electrical stuff (wireing and stuff) but shouldn't be that difficult
I got mine fitted the other day - brilliant job :D

Then the drivers side one became a bit "twitchy" today - sometimes it only shoots enough to reach the bloody wiper!
The passenger side is fine though - explain that one anybody? lol
you mean the driver's side jet hasn't enough pressure? check the hose that leads to it or the pump. I have a guide written about these problems

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
As mine never point where i bloody want them too and im sick of adjusting them i got some today from the local citroen stealers £11 :) took literaly a minuite to fit, i only just this second put them in so i havent used them yet but i will tomorrow and report back weather there worth it lol

jamie

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Only just seen this thread. Had some on my old 306 Hdi many moons ago, good, cheap modification.

Full of win...

Fiesta ST2
tigger - mine is the other way round the driver side is mint but the passenger side does not get as much still covers the window screen though. The water pipe is longer to the passenger so it makes sense. is the pipe longer to the drivers side on the mk2s?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah it is Adam - but it was fine when I fitted the jets - one just just took a notion of loosing will power today lol

All the rest are fine - rear & both headlights as far as I can tell

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm not aware of such a guide but you'll need another reservoir for the liquid, the one from a normal 172, which has 2 pumps attached to it, then the hoses and the 2 bumper jets. not sure about the electrical stuff (wireing and stuff) but shouldn't be that difficult

you mean the driver's side jet hasn't enough pressure? check the hose that leads to it or the pump. I have a guide written about these problems

Every jet was working fully up until today mate - don't know what's happening :(

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
maybe somethin clogged one of the hoses, maybe some debris you had in the tank, although I suspect the pump. take of the hose that leads to the bad jet before anything else imo and see if it's clogged

"Navy" N17 TWO
All is well again :D
I took them off and rinsed them, left overnight in degreaser haha

Let them dry and hooked out a bit of grit with a pin - lovely stuff!

02 Clio 172
Just bought a set of citreon/peugeot washer jets to day and I though it was 8 quid well spent. Especially as the OE ones on my 172 were rubbish (I am pretty obsessive when it comes to a clean windscreen!). The Citreon ones give a good mist over the OE directional and seem to use less water too. Very easy to fit too, cheers for the pointer boys

1.2 16v Extream, Black
I got some 307 jets and there poo spray really low down on screen ill have to try the c3 ones :)

Last edited:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
the c3 has a steeper windscreen like the clio, probably that's why they work better

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Fitted some of these today, better than the piss streams that I had before with the originals.

Ph2 Flamer
Cheers to the OP, bagged a pair of these off ebay and fitted this evening. So much better than the std clio jets (particularly as the right jet was only firing a single stream). :approve: