ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted ds2500 pads, brembo discs, and braided hoses a few questions . . . .

Hi, i fitted my ds2500 pads brembo discs and braided hoses yesterday, used the eazibleed system to change the fluid, all seemed to go wel, i havent fully beded in the brakes properly, i will do this later, the pedal feels the same as it did before its just the brakes arent really biting until towards the of the pedal travel, once they are beded in wil this change, the pads were a very tight fit and were filled slightly, and are now squeaking slightly which i take is normal, will i notice a big difference once they are beded in with biting point and quality of the setup? And whats the best way to bed in i have now lost the instructions from the pads, thanks for any help :)

182 cup
I fitted the same pads and discs and pads on friday an I too had to file the pads quite a bit! I know you are supposed to bed them in and they will get better but mine were better than the standard ones after 20 miles or so. Even though i havnt hammered the brakes yet they are working better than i thought. I never realised just how "standard" the standard brakes were! iv not got any squeaking yet.

Did you grease the backs of the pads? a mate told me to do this on my old saxo and it stopped the squeaking

200 cup & 106 GTi
I took the shims out, didn't file the pads.

My brakes were brilliant from the off, never squeeked either.

The pads shouldn't be a tight fit, they should slide easily by hand.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I fitted mine the night before a trackday and bedded them in that day :eek:

They do squeek when just aboout to slow to a stop..

They are whats been commented on the most when taking passengers out on laps though as even after 15+ mins of Castle Combe still no hint of fade :cool:

SQ5
I fitted mine on a trackday half way through :)

Just do 20-30 stops at half full braking pressure from around 60 mph to bed them in!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They should very different straight away. On mine they bite right at the top of the pedal travel.

Fiesta ST3
i finally got round to doing my disc's and pads on Thursday(brembo hc's and ds2500) i removed the shim's and filed the pads down a bit until there was slight movement in the carrier, i have not done much more than 30 miles with them in as yet and i can tell the difference already i would say they feel standard for the first few times of braking and after that they just feel to come on a lot more;), not really bedded them in as yet but the instructions said something like

1)perform 25 to 30 trial brake applications, each of approximately 4 seconds, using around 50% of normal race pedal pressure.
to shorten the procedure applications can be made along the straights as well as at bends.
2)on completion of trial applications return to the pit lane, inspect the surface of the pads from the two wheels which have been working the hardest,there should be evidence of contact over the full pad area but without glazing.the pads are now ready to race

whilst we recommend the pads are inspected,if time does not allow this, assuming procedure (1) has been carried out and a short period of time has elapsed to allow the brake system to cool, the pads will be ready to race.

i have left doing my braded lines and fluid for a week or two just so if anything went wrong and braking felt worse than before, i would know if its the disc's and pads or the lines and fluid, rather than doing them all at the same time and not knowing where the problem lies

Lionel Richie
pads must be free to move in the carrier (about 1mm vertically) bin the shims, they suck, file the ends of the backing plates and use a feeler gauge until you have a good 1mm = no squeal

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Once all the bedding in is out of the way, how good are the pads on first braking? do you have to put a lot of heat into them before they bite hard or are they good straight from the off.

I don't do track days and tend to not be on the brakes alot consistently, just the odd bit of hard braking and don't want to have to put heat into them before they are working properly

i removed the shims, and they feel alot better now, still need to bed them in yet though, just been out and they feel like stock brakes now, it is raining and they werent given time to heat up so im hoping this sounds about right, mine start to bite about half way down the pedal travel, i hope once i have bedded them in they will bite slightly higher, i used the eazibleed system to bleed through all seemed to go well, and cant see why i would have any issues with that the system seems quite idiot proof :quiet:, i think they probably just need bedding in as have only done about 5miles properly, should they bite higher already? does it sounds like its a problem with the bleeding i did? i have changed pads and discs before with no problems so if there is a problem i would think it will be with the bleeding i did, and i considered changing lines at a seperate occasion but didnt, and i am now thinking it may have been a good idea! is there anything i could have done whilst bleeding to stop the brakes working to the best of there potential, and for them to bite about half way down through pedal movement? they do bite at the top just not very well, but when they are warm and you brake hard you can really tell they are good brakes, does this seem normal with unbeded i brakes?

Lionel Richie
go get some good levels of heat through them 70mph down to 30mph about 10times relavtivley hard then drive for a good 10min at decent speed with no brakes, should be good

Clio 172 RS2
Like Fred says...bed them in good!
Speed up, get that pad material transfered into the discs.

They should bite at the top so you can release some pedalpressure while continue braking. You should notice the difference with the standard set-up.

@LY Dave: they work excellent from cold. No probs for me.