ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First week and a half of 172 ownership!!!

Clio 172
Well lets just say its been an interesting time. Its almost like reliving my youth :evil:
Couple of niggly things with the car i need to get sorted so may be picking the brains of some of you technical bods very soon, otherwise very happy so far although i dont think i have ever visited petrol stations so frequently before. Will get some jobs done and give her a bit of a clean soon and get some fresh pics up after mot on Weds...if it passes.

172 cup
i thought the 172 is exellent on fuel but iv always had big motors in the past, compaired to the old evo bmws etc the clio is superb on the juice

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I love the fuel consumption on the clio compared to the focus, I thought it was a pretty good return.

2002 172
Hmm, I average 25mpg according to computer. I do only drive 6 miles each way to work and then around town for the gym, second job etc so not too bad I guess. My Octavia VRS was better on juice though lol

04BGFF182CLIORS
Sounds about right for short little trips - go for a longer drive and youll be pushing 40 with ease.

2002 172
Driving back from Havercroft where I picked it up from back to Lincoln on the A1 at a constant 80mph I saw around 35mpg (on the computer). It had an oil change yesterday and will do all filters and plugs this weekend, it's amazing the difference a good service makes!

Clio 172
To be fair i am getting roughly 35-38mpg but ive been used to a 1.4 polo for the past 18 months so anything would be more expensive to run than that. Gonna have a run down to peterborough in the next week or so and give it a good run to see how it fairs.

ph2 172
I love the fuel consumption on the clio compared to the focus, I thought it was a pretty good return.

Ditto. I had a Focus 2.0l ghia and it was well thirsty compared to the 172. I pop down to norwich every few weeks and computer says mid 40's there and back.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I'd like to think your 2.0 ghia focus would have a much better consumption rate than mine ;)