ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First SLR

Is it possable to buy anything half decent second hand for little money? Like i don't want to spend crazy amount on a SLR - when i have no idea if i'll take to it well. I can get my lumix to take half decent photos when playing around with the settings - but it's abit different!

It's not different really, same principals apply. It's just you have a bit more control with an SLR and more settings to play with.

Fiesta ST-3
Is it possable to buy anything half decent second hand for little money? Like i don't want to spend crazy amount on a SLR - when i have no idea if i'll take to it well. I can get my lumix to take half decent photos when playing around with the settings - but it's abit different!

The question is how much would you have to spend?

Ph1 172
the Sony a200 and a230's are cheap enough and really not bad camera's, plus you get the added bonus of old Minolta lens fitting the Sony body. Can pick up a a200 for around £150 2nd hand if you look though ebay etc.

Abarth 500 Essesse
I have a Nikon D60 with kit 18-55 lens that you could buy off me if you like. Sat in a cupboard not really doing a lot at the minute, very limited use, probably less than a 1000 pictures taken.

Sounds perfect for what you want it for!

PM me if you're interested in it.

DCi 100
I got my D40 with a bag etc for 200 quid. Riad sold his mid this year for 150 to a friend. Thats very cheap for what they offer IMO. :)

lift number 1 @ btm
I've a d40x for sale on here at the moment if you're interested? whole kit with a few extra bits.

Inferno 182 CUP
I bought my 500D for £500 :)

I would expect you to get a 450D for around £400 .. i often see them sold second hand on www.talkphotography.co.uk for about £350 with a lens :) in fact Andy on here sold his 500D for £375 without a lens not long back :)

Lee

BMW M2C
My 350d is for sale on here. It's a total bargain too. For the money it's a great way to get used to a DSLR. It still takes pretty good pictures IMO. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rodstreet/ Those aren't with the kit lens.

I'd buy that, see if you like it and then start getting some decent glass. Once your happy you've gone as far as you can with the body, then upgrade. The glass will be with you for a long time.