ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post

S2 Rallye
Hi Guys

My first post!
Basically atm I have a 106 S2 Rallye

I am after a fairly new 1.6 16v clio (my first clio:) ) would love a 172 but my money doesnt stretch that far!

Just really here to say hello - and also any advice when going to look at one - I idealy want a 52/53 plate.

Thanks
Lindsay

Last edited by a moderator:
  Golf GTI 1.8T
Welcome to Cliosport Lindsay! Looking at getting the 1.6 16v Dynamique then... quiet rare but a few peeps on here have them.

S2 Rallye
mitchzxr said:
Welcome to Cliosport Lindsay! Looking at getting the 1.6 16v Dynamique then... quiet rare but a few peeps on here have them.

Yeah that the one I have been looking at - what colours do they come in?
I love the flame red (hope thats the correct colour wording for it??)

Clio 197
Hiya, welcome.

Always good to have someone join us!

You'll get some good deals soonish because of the launch of ClioMK3.

What colour are you thinking of?

Golf GTI 1.8T
Caramel's is black and I think thats the only one I've seen so wouldn't know. Am I right in thinking only sports can come in flame red?

S2 Rallye
Silver or the flame red if they do it for the 1.6 16v.
Do you think the price for the 172 will come down - I hardly see them on the road..?

S2 Rallye
lost_clio said:
who cares what car your after, are you fit?

and the rules state you must show pics or you get banned

Ha ha lol.
How about I tell you I am butters and look like a bus has hit me - will that do?!

S2 Rallye
Tonys said:
Keep the 106!!!

Id never have a 1.6 clio over a Rallye!

Crazy!

I have had it too long now and want a change from peugeot (had the 1.3 S1 rallye before the S2)

and I love the look of the Clios

Clio 197
How much are you looking to spend?

There are some bargain 172's in the FS section at the moment... it's a buyers market.

Golf GTI 1.8T
lindsay S2 said:
Ha ha lol.
How about I tell you I am butters and look like a bus has hit me - will that do?!

I can't work that out:S

but anyway the price of a 52/53 1.6 can't be far from a mk1 172 can it?

Yamaha R6
mitchzxr said:
I can't work that out:S

but anyway the price of a 52/53 1.6 can't be far from a mk1 172 can it?

Me neither.. Does she want some butter?

ne_nau.gif

S2 Rallye
I thought if I put that then I would get out of the whole photo thing! lol

I have seen a couple of 1.6 with 25 - 40k for about £4900. But I dont know what is a good price and whats not really.

Vee dub
I love the Rallye S2

I'd have to say go for the 172 if finances can allow

Saying that, I like the 1.6 Dynamique clio's, quite nippy indeed.

Golf GTI 1.8T
TomS said:
I love the Rallye S2

can't actually see what people are liking about them, nice wheels though.
get the 172, will be worth that extra money in the end if you can stretch it.

Vee dub
mitchzxr said:
can't actually see what people are liking about them, nice wheels though.
get the 172, will be worth that extra money in the end if you can stretch it.

I think theyr Quality

I like the looks, the "rawness" of them and theyr great fun!

I'd say get a 172 as you will prob regret buying a 1.6 clio.
I know a few people who had s2 106 rallye's & they are cracking cars (one had a white one & the other had the blue- the both ended with the reg letters gno,must a be a common pug thing lol)

I'd look at a Mk1 172 there not much more on insurance but it does depends plus you can pick a good one up for £4k I've sen ones with 100k or more for £3.5k and the engines will cope with over 200k without any problem as long as you service them.
The 1.6 16V was rarer than the 172 in this country.

Golf GTI 1.8T
Last 3 letters is to do with the area of first registration. my intitials are MJH which I know is southend, so anyone that sees an old banger with them on let me know :)

The 1,6 is quick yep 110hp or so but a 172 is 166hp so there a big difference the 1.6 is nice quicker than the 1.4 just and with a bit more low down ower which I like but the 172 it would hev to be plus you get the sports suspension and better brakes.