ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first car insurance

i am 17 years old and just got a a quote back from adrian flux and they quoted me £3500 a year i have only been driving for about 2 weeks and i was wondering if this was a godd quote. by the way i have a 182 cup.

Thats an excellent quote Im suprise it wasnt 50% more infact.

How on earth do you afford a 182 though?

There is/was a Cup owner on here at 18 paying £3 or £3.5k I forget but he had a few yrs NCB low milage and it might have been in his dads name and had other things.

That sounds good for your age, just amazed anyone vwould insure a 17 year old on such a fast car anyway??

Simon.

about time the "2 year Probation period" included a max bhp I feel??

Lee

BMW M2C

If you have the car surely you have sorted the insurance out already?

Adrian Flux arent cheap as they take on bigger risks than the more mainstream insurers.

Vee dub

182 at 17? Pure madness!

Go steady fella... very quick car for a new driver

Tom

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

grow a willy! Whats the excess...£100000? I got quoted 4k and ive been/was drivin 2+yrs

Under ma garage policy they still aint happy and i gotta pay £600 for a 172.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 08 December 2004

u got rich mummy n daddy youth?
Not heard of buyin a car on credit?! I could walk in to BMW and get a M3 on credit if i want?!

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by tokerdude on 08 December 2004

i am 17 years old and just got a a quote back from adrian flux and they quoted me £3500 a year i have only been driving for about 2 weeks and i was wondering if this was a godd quote. by the way i have a 182 cup.
Jees it isnt a toy 182 your tryna insure is it mate!!!;)

I tryed for quotes with VERY good companys on willys in mailto:may@19">may@19 and still come out with tpft quotes at nearly 3k!!!

My sources tell me that on a car the value of a 182 an insurance company wouldnt touch you tpft so £3500 sounds too good to be true for fc on one at 17!!!

The only way i could see you maybe gettin a quote on that is if your on your dads or mums insurance and your filthy rich with land in the middle of nowhere where the car will be kept.....Youd probably also need to put some kind of cap on your milage aswell!!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 08 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by JoelDee on 08 December 2004

u got rich mummy n daddy youth?
Not heard of buyin a car on credit?! I could walk in to BMW and get a M3 on credit if i want?!
Not at 17 you couldnt.

Oh, and bloody hell, you jammy Git.

Wonder how long till the "Ive put my 182 in a hedge thread" though?

my dad is vey rich and payed for 3 quarters of the car for me. the insurance was only third party and it will be kept on the driveway with a cat 1 immobiliser. i also dont have the car yet but should be in the next few daysthats why i am trying to insure it as soon as possible. also how long does it take before you can drive you car when you have just bought insurance.

oi mate fair play!

your dads minted, your laffin! the fanny will love it

my mate had a A3 1.8T at 17, jealousy doesnt even begin to explain

LY 200

Who you insuring with mate???

May sell the valver after xmas so il get a quote from this company for my next car!!!

Volvo S60 D5

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 08 December 2004

about time the "2 year Probation period" included a max bhp I feel??

Why? I am still in that probationary period and I have 225bhp and am insured on and quite often drive a 300bhp car. Nout wrong with it provided youre mature enough to respect the power and dont use it as a device to show off to friends!

Admittedly its not my first car :)

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 09 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Blue_or_Blind on 09 December 2004

mate i think youre crazy... youre going to kill your self
Bit much mate! Just let him enjoy it!

you think its a good idea having a 182 after 2 weeks of driving then?

ST

Well its up to him and his dad whos paying for it i guess?

If my dad offered to buy me a 182 for my 1st car i wouldnt have knocked it back, but at the same time i can see where your coming from.

Well its up to him and his dad whos paying for it i guess?

If my dad offered to buy me a 182 for my 1st car i wouldnt have knocked it back, but at the same time i can see where your coming from.
TBH if my dad offered me a 182 at 17 id have said yes too but, I also know how I wouldve driven it.

Revels Mum & Sister

Maybe he will crash. Maybe he wont.

If he is getting most paid for then fair does. Personally wouldnt insure a car like that TPFT as if it was a write off. £12K down the drain!

I wasnt aware you could insure a car worth £12k on TPFT.

Every insurance company ive been with gave a £3000 max limit.

With Adrian Flux, i thought you had to be 21+ to insure a car like a 182. They told me to bugger off when i had my scooby at 20

Doesnt seem to be so rare nowdays, theres a girl in the year above me (17 yrs old) just passed and she had a Cooper S bought for her which she is driving under her own name etc.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

All insurance companies Ive dealt with wouldnt insure me TPF&T on a car worth more than £5,000.....including Adrian Flux.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I cant believe someones daddy cares so little to get an inexperienced kid a volatile car like that.

I seriously doubt any insurer would allow a tpft policy

Some people get life far too easy and have no idea of how much things costs and how most people have to work hard to achieve them rather than have them given to them on a plate.

Yes, if someone offers me a 182 Id take it. However, you have to question the reasons for giving a 17 year old a car like that.

I aint jealous before you say. Whatever I achieve in my life, big or small, will be entirely down to me.

Being 17 and having a driving experience of 3 minutes, i would pretty much say you will prang a car such as a 182.

If its a bad prang then on TPFT your dad will be £12000 out of pocket and youll be carless.

Thats of course if its even possible to insure a £12k car on TPFT

i have been driving for about a year because as soon as i passed my provisional licence my mum put L plates on her car which is a 2.0 toyota celica. i couldnt drive my dads car as it is a 400bhp lexus soarer which goes very fast. so i have got a bit of driving expirience and i am not going to drive like a f**king lunatic like most first drivers.

500bhp Scoob

i didnt think it was possible to insure a "new" car tpft, thought u had to go fully comp.

even so, i think its pure madness that youve got a 182 at such a young age, with sod all "on your own" driving experience.

Id say your pretty much driving in your coffin.

Quote: Originally posted by tokerdude on 09 December 2004

i have been driving for about a year because as soon as i passed my provisional licence my mum put L plates on her car which is a 2.0 toyota celica. i couldnt drive my dads car as it is a 400bhp lexus soarer which goes very fast. so i have got a bit of driving expirience and i am not going to drive like a f**king lunatic like most first drivers.
I think these are called "Famous Last Words"

Sorry dude, no offence, but you ARE fooling yourself if you think that at 17 years old with less than one year of driving with a co-driver that you are able to handle a 182..... sorry mate, but theres ALOT more to it than you can learn in 5 years let alone less than one year, its a skill that you build up over many many hours of driving, Im nearly on 500,000 miles driving experience, with a fair few track days etc to boot, and i still can get caught out, just last tuesday I got caught out badly and ended up VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE and came away with two broken wrists (this has taken ages to type), sometimes situations can still catch you out and with so little experience I do believe it is a very bad idea, money isnt the thing - your dad has too much if hes willing to risk his sons life by buying you a 182 just to keep you happy.....

its a sad sad world...... people..... next time give someone a hug NOT flowers! (Unless you are giving me flowers (you strange person) then you can get me cigarettes - I need some more lol)

[Edited by Roamer on 09 December 2004 at 11:16pm]