ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First big trip!

197CUP
So tonight I'm endeavouring on a 400m round trip - Crewe to Essex and back. The first real drive I've done since buying my CS197C, brimmed it with BP Ultimate so we'll see how that fares. Sad but kinda excited about it couple of things;

Hopefully my (Cheapo Ebay) bulbs don't go out on the way as I've just struggled to fit some new sides and dipped beams and don't fancy trying to do that again on the side of the M6!
MPG's to follow - used to doing the trip in a 1.9Ibiza FR so I imagine not too impressive in comparison but hey hell ov o lot more fun!
Also will let you know how many elbows feel :S as Autocar 'feel sorry' for people with cup suspension doing prolonged motorway journeys!

197CUP
Landed in Essex last night at about 10 - 200 miles in just over 4 hours, was a reasonably good journey with a small bit of traffic on the m6. Averaged 33.8mpg and used around half a tank doing 50 - 80mph (although the car showed 47.5mph avg due to the jam I was in for half an hour!). Worth mentioning that the suspension is fine - no where near as bad as journalists like to make out on motorways - my old ibiza FR was terrible in comparison. One thing I could complain about is the audio set up - put any bass through it at more than 14vol and it tends to poo it's pants.

Overall mega impressed love the car - just trying to get used to dropping gears for overtakes etc. as I've come from a diesel!

197CUP
Got back tonight - same trip managed 39.4mpg this time 200 miles 3 n half hours so really happy with that! Not really done much round town driving with it yet tbh as I've only had it a week and too and from work is only a 4 mile round trip however watch this space and ill let you know! And I take it from that trophy's are rather hard! Don't get me wrong it's definitely stiffer than the Ibiza but bumps come in the form of a dull thud due to the nicer damping and in the Ibiza it was a real back breaking clatter!

197CUP
Cool, not too bad on the juice then. Whats it like around town?

Reset it Sunday night done 50 miles since (to work and back everyday) and it's showing 22.2mpg - however it's an odd drive that consists of 20 minutes in a traffic jam then a 2 minute blast down some country lanes