ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First road trip (pictures)

3000GT & RB 182
So got my 182 a couple of months now, but apart from a few blasts around the local country roads and to do the weekly shopping i've not really used it that much.

Last weekend was my birthday and we've booked a little trip to Dorset for a few days, staying in Bournemouth and doing all the touristy stuff in the area (castles, blue pool, Durdle door etc) and instead of taking the GT we decided to take the 182 to give a a proper roadtest.

And what a joy it was, both on the long motorway journeys as flying around the little B roads there, it was great fun. I was suprised by how comfortable the recaro's where on the long journey and the ease of overtaking cars, both at motorway speeds as on the B roads.

Initially i was a bit dissapointed with the MPG as i was expecting to get more miles out of a tank then of my 3000GT, but then i realised the GT has a 75 liter tank, and the clio probably only a 40 - 45 liter one ?

I've only taken a few pictures of the car during our trip, but i thought i'd share them :

IMAG1091.jpg

IMAG1263.jpg

IMAG1267.jpg

IMAG1438.jpg

IMAG1448.jpg

IMAG1450.jpg

IMAG1453.jpg

IMAG1083.jpg

Next on the to do list now is to buy one of those front lips from Skoda, and to get my headlights cleaned with the 3M kitt.

We've got another road trip coming up in a couple of weeks when we go back to Holland and the plan was to take the GT, but as there's loads of little roads i know well back home, i'm actually contemplating taking the little Clio abroad, as i'm thinking that might be more fun on the little roads. Decisions, decisions.....

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Abroad is the best driving I've ever had in the clio so do it!!!

Hope you went to the aquarium in bournemouth, bloomin' love it.

BG 182
Medic-one Crackin' photos, I lived in Bournemouth for Uni, when I ever I think back it conjures up very fond memories, I guess I'll always see it as a second home.

I've just started a new job, so when my finances are settled I reckon I'll be heading down there too! Did you get chance to drive around sandbanks, and head over the crossing?

3000GT & RB 182
Abroad is the best driving I've ever had in the clio so do it!!!

Hope you went to the aquarium in bournemouth, bloomin' love it.

Yea we'll probably take the Clio, though "abroad" is "home" for me, making it maybe less special, but definitely not less fun. These are some of the local roads back home in the South of Holland :

imag2387.jpg

imag2374.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

280220091285.jpg

280220091286.jpg

200220101667.jpg

200220101669.jpg

180220101640-1.jpg

We didn't got to the aquarium as we have something very similar over here in Southend on our seafront.

3000GT & RB 182
@Medic-one Crackin' photos, I lived in Bournemouth for Uni, when I ever I think back it conjures up very fond memories, I guess I'll always see it as a second home.

I've just started a new job, so when my finances are settled I reckon I'll be heading down there too! Did you get chance to drive around sandbanks, and head over the crossing?

I didn't drive in/around the Sandbanks but we done one of those boat cruises from Poole harbour that look us round there, which was nice.