ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally in the 200bhp club

Time to get my bragging right's out of the way, some of you may know I had my car fitted with AT power throttlebodies just after christmas, the car made 193bhp (standard cam) and I was very pleased with the out come! Recently had my MOT and thought the car might be running a tad rich, so spoke to paul at rstuning and dropped the car off monday, after a very nice day and wave of paul's magic wand we are now sitting on 201bhp (standard cam) over the mood with the car now, Ohhh and did I forget to say paul said its the smoothest ITB 182 he has ever come across :cool:

WP_000006.jpgIMAG0048.jpg

Im not entirely sure but I think a large factor is the warm weather! They are pretty tasty, I really want to see what we could get with cam's now haha

Cro

Meg'd r27
I though it would make more power in cold weather? Brilliant he was able to squeeze a bit more tho

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Top line map is totally untouched today but when I originally mapped it the car was on the Dyno for ages and VERY warm, didn't quite expect to break 200 though!

Top line map is totally untouched today but when I originally mapped it the car was on the Dyno for ages and VERY warm, didn't quite expect to break 200 though!

warm weather, warm car, I knew something was warm! The car is the bee's now :) haha thanks again!!

Great result mate bet your chuffed to bits!.. It must have been yours that was tucked away last nite when i picked mine up, im also in the 200+ bhp group :)

I am buddy yes very happy :) it will of been I dropped it off monday didnt see any other clio's tho just a scooby on the dyno haha

a thirsty one
That's a great figure mate, shows how good a bit of kit these are to make 201 bhp on Paul rollers. Sweet.

That's a great figure mate, shows how good a bit of kit these are to make 201 bhp on Paul rollers. Sweet.

It is a fantastic piece of kit I'm really glad I chose these over forced induction silky smooth! Completely standard the car was 169bhp overall 32bhp gain peak figure for the bodies

Golf GTD Mk7
Glad to see Paul managed to squeeze a few more out of it. I'll let you know if 421's make much difference :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
So much money for what you get. Not knocking it, but tuning the F4R's lost on me.

Fair play though, I'm sure it's nippy enough!

Is yours booked in yet Jonny? Not fancy waiting for the tdf cams?

Yea its not cheap piece of kit wouldn't like to think of the build cost so far but I do enjoy it!

Golf GTD Mk7
Is yours booked in yet Jonny? Not fancy waiting for the tdf cams?

Yea its not cheap piece of kit wouldn't like to think of the build cost so far but I do enjoy it!

I was considering it mate, but I spoke to Matt about them and he's struggling to find blanks to use. Aparently rsport do them, but he doesn't think they would be keen on putting them in road cars. I wanted the car up and running as it's nearly a year now since it's done much. Should be booking in within the next week or so.

Ahhhh good stuff I'm tempted to fork out for the schrick but funds are running a little low after removing aircon and smaller rad ect be a while away yet so hopefully they will have a solution for the blanks then! Looking forward to seeing it!

Golf GTD Mk7
Now just lose the interior. 200bhp is wasted lagging all that weight around....

I toyed around with this, but want the car to be ok to drive normally. Stripped is a bit too much for road use imo. That's why i've gone for power modding and leaving it standard internally.

I think if you went other ways about it you could get 200 pretty easy but n/a is pretty pricey but again could DIY the kit for cheaper, thought about stripping it out but we'll see still goes well as it is!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome figure and glad you happy. Just backs my thoughts that N/A tuning is a waste of money though..haha

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I toyed around with this, but want the car to be ok to drive normally. Stripped is a bit too much for road use imo. That's why i've gone for power modding and leaving it standard internally.

I suppose it depends on how you like the car to behave. Mine isn't my daily and is only used on the weekend and/or track work. Its not highly breathed upon at all. A few choice tweaks means it makes a healthy 177bhp which doesn't sound alot but its stripped out (although not entirely) goes like a scalded cat and corners like a fly.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
A few choice tweaks means it makes a healthy 177bhp which doesn't sound alot but its stripped out (although not entirely) goes like a scalded cat and corners like a fly.

Thing is, yours isnt really stripped either tbh, just swopping to buckets & removing the rear bits & bobs (like mine), but due to lower weight (around 1000kg) is pushing out approx. 180 bhp per ton.

The OP's Ph-Lard with ITB's, is only at 184bhp per ton, so in effect, probably isnt any quicker than yours, or even mine ...

Something like Nicks' 172 cup which weighs about 950kg, but has 195bhp is at 205bhp per ton.

Thing is, yours isnt really stripped either tbh, just swopping to buckets & removing the rear bits & bobs (like mine), but due to lower weight (around 1000kg) is pushing out approx. 180 bhp per ton.

The OP's Ph-Lard with ITB's, is only at 184bhp per ton, so in effect, probably isnt any quicker than yours, or even mine ...
Something like Nicks' 172 cup which weighs about 950kg, but has 195bhp is at 205bhp per ton.

Even so would still be pretty confident I could easily leave a stripped mapped 1*2, had a play with my mates mapped 182 it wasn't stripped but he would of had to lose a hell of alot of weight to keep up

Even so would still be pretty confident I could easily leave a stripped mapped 1*2, had a play with my mates mapped 182 it wasn't stripped but he would of had to lose a hell of alot of weight to keep up

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I'd disagree personally, i dont think you would leave a stripped cup easily. Pull away slightly, but not drop it like a sack of potatoes.

We carried out similar scientific testing with the itb'd 182 i broke recently iirc.

You would actually be amazed at how much difference losing 100kg makes to a lightweight car like a clio!!