ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally fitted the 8X15 Rota Grid V's

Then looking identical to the other guys :dapprove:

True as that may be, I'd rather have a car that's similar to another guys on an internet forum than having something that doesn't look great just for the sake of being different. Having Jap style wheels on a Clio is surely unique enough! It's not like you've gone with Turini's/2118's..

Mental 172 Cup
Will look much better with lower profile tyres and stretch.

MOT will pass with flying colours providing the tread doesnt come outside the wheel arch, the rim and side wall can come out as far as you can stretch it.

As long as your happy with it is the main thing, its not my scene but I can appreciate when a car is looking good and its got potential, look forward to seeing it when you make the changes.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bought one of the best handling FWD hatches ever. Check.
Fitted stupidly wide wheels that ruin the handling & make it drive like a VAG. Check.

Not sure if i understand your thought process?

Mental 172 Cup
Depends what intention he purchased the car, he may like the look of the Clio but also has a different perspective on modifying which means handling of it will be irrelavent..

Listerine & Poledo
Bought one of the best handling FWD hatches ever. Check.
Fitted stupidly wide wheels that ruin the handling & make it drive like a VAG. Check.

Not sure if i understand your thought process?

People dont buy Clio's to have them drive well IIRC.

It's all about having down-syndrome suspension and foghorn exhausts...and a bucket

Black PH2 172
I dont get any scrub - Had to modify the front arch liner bracket and calipers - Just fitted some 175/50's on the back so plenty of stretch, Its just transformed the look now - I can lower it like another 10mm, Next is too flare the rear arches to suit the wheels and then get the front tyres stretched..Then change the colour

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I credit you for uploading the pics and I do like looking at different pictures of clios with rimz yo, but good lord, that is wrong.

Breaking 172 NV676
I think it will work once you have your stretch and camber sorted. Personally I like the colour is different to the average Joe.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
I love the look of it because it is different and am sure once the tyres , arches and height is adjusted it will look pretty damn good
hats of for being different and not jumping on the sheep wagon

BG DCI
I'm sorry, your fitting new tyres then changing colour?

Little bit backwards don't you think?

Great point!! I like the wheels and had some on my old Honda CRX but not sure I'm a fan on the clios..

The silly VAGs always rolled around on them and I didn't like it but at least they were gonna try and go round a corner fast..

Each to their own though but definitely a colour change as soon as

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I dont get any scrub - Had to modify the front arch liner bracket and calipers - Just fitted some 175/50's on the back so plenty of stretch, Its just transformed the look now - I can lower it like another 10mm, Next is too flare the rear arches to suit the wheels and then get the front tyres stretched..Then change the colour

Pics?

BMW 320D
they do look tasty :) will look so much better when all cambered up with stretched tyres are on. Being different is defo the way forward oh and the colour...... YES!! dont listen to pipe smokers with there slippers on ;)

Black PH2 172

Just need to roll rear arches now and lower it, An possibly ad a tiny bit of camber then stretch the fronts

8837da87.jpg

c8b338f9.jpg

It looks bad. All this jap wheels on anything that isn't jap trend is just strange. Yes it's different but it's different like a dogs**t and cod milkshake.

Were you at Trax this year? Rotas as far as the eye could see, between that and the horrific genetic experiments both in the crowd and busy working as "promo girls" the country would have been better off if there'd been a strategic missile strike on Silverstone.

One Phat Clio
pridzz - whats your fond style your writing in at the beginning of yuor thread? I know this seems a weird question, but I am interested for my Uni Diss.

BG 182
What's a VAG? :rollyeyes:

Stands for "Volkswagen Audi Group".

It might work, but it's going to take a lot of work to pull these off matey! 8J is a brave choice on a Clio! Though I know what colour I would be choosing.

Black PH2 172
LOL I bet those rear tyres will be shredded within a week.

Needs a crap load more camber on the rear.

Dont want camber. Arches are bein rolled when I get a proper arch roller

Like I said going anthracite tomorrow as orange is gash but thats how I bought them! Then lower on the front.
I no they're reps but I like them.