ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally a 182 owner!

C2 vts
Hi all i joined the forum about 3 weeks ago now and after going for a drive with a few crazy people off here ive decided to buy a 182. There were loads that caught my eye but you know what its like when you find the right one.
I went up just past birmingham to pick up this silver 182 few things on it already, thought it would save me a few quid.
Miltek decat back.
Eibach 40mm springs.
Drilled and grooved disks all round.
Cambelt and dephaser done on 65k its only on 66400 now
New nankangs all round.
Few other little bits
Well anyway i thought it was a great buy untill the clutch shat itself on the way home.
So it needs a clutch now and then it will be on the road.
For the 80miles i drove it i loved it.
I do have a few questions.
Does anyone know the car?
CW04 KBE
And i know a few people have different opinions on this but i want the pop and bang map but im struggling to understand how i get the kit etc.
Any comments welcome silver wasnt my prefered choice but it is in good nick and i couldnt say no.
3B4C834B-DAFD-4BEF-9D19-C9AC49CB6C97_zpsseep2sxq.png

A73B203D-D53E-4B64-9ECE-59FA970B42AF_zpsy2hwx2iz.png

B35BA852-DBE4-4A2D-AADC-E30C2ED50A77_zpsbg1mp2kr.jpg

Reactions: Gus

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Unlucky about the clutch.
Car looks nice, assume it has spacers too?
Pops and bang map is crap, just get the ron 98 map :)

clio 182 sport
was looking at this one on the bay of e the other day.
does look very clean too☺
sorry to hear about the clutch

C2 vts
I heard the 98 is better.
How do i go about buying this and making it work?

Cheers all yes 20mm all round looks beefier haha

C2 vts
Nice buy. I had the pops and bangs on my first 172. Fun for about three weeks then drives you insane. But your choice, have fun whatever you choose, love titanium's:wink:

I love the little thing mate. I obly bought it for abit of fun on the weekends i dont use a car through the week.
I suppose if i had to drive it everyday it would do my head in, in no time but i dont think it will be that bad

C2 vts
Nice buy. I had the pops and bangs on my first 172. Fun for about three weeks then drives you insane. But your choice, have fun whatever you choose, love titanium's:wink:

I love the little thing mate. I obly bought it for abit of fun on the weekends i dont use a car through the week.
I suppose if i had to drive it everyday it would do my head in, in no time but i dont think it will be that bad

C2 vts
Had it back thursday and then the exhaust bolts snapped (ones with the little springs)
But its all sorted now finally
Got my 3/4 plate on and the fabia splitter. Im fancying some carbon dipped parts for it but not too much if you get me.

36DB7D0F-3DD1-4973-B305-F7CFA4635625_zpso998otsa.jpg

73BD5055-5A8E-4307-9E91-4CB2F62D1E30_zpsdc7gxw7h.jpg

Phase 2 Iceberg 172
I hope you dont plan on doing any spirited driving on those nankangs..I would rather have barely legal CSC/PS3 than new nankangs.

C2 vts
I hope you dont plan on doing any spirited driving on those nankangs..I would rather have barely legal CSC/PS3 than new nankangs.

They will be ok for now mate. Im hoping to have turinis before long with decent tyres on. What would you suggest?

Phase 2 Iceberg 172
nankangs are a decent tyre, far from a ditch finder.

So long as the tyres are made from rubber its all good, I've driven budget tyres even cheaper than nankangs in the dry/rain/snow with no problems but I wouldnt drive 'enthusuastically' with them.

dan's cast offs.
So long as the tyres are made from rubber its all good, I've driven budget tyres even cheaper than nankangs in the dry/rain/snow with no problems but I wouldnt drive 'enthusuastically' with them.

i've driven on them like a hooligan and never had issue with them, not that bad in the wet either.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

Wrong. My current tyres are awful in all but dry, on the hunt for replacments

PH2 172
Had it back thursday and then the exhaust bolts snapped (ones with the little springs)
But its all sorted now finally
Got my 3/4 plate on and the fabia splitter. Im fancying some carbon dipped parts for it but not too much if you get me.

36DB7D0F-3DD1-4973-B305-F7CFA4635625_zpso998otsa.jpg

73BD5055-5A8E-4307-9E91-4CB2F62D1E30_zpsdc7gxw7h.jpg
As a glider pilot(Pik20d),theres some cracking thermals under those clouds.
Nice clean car outwardly,take it to Mick @ Diamond for a full assement of the deglect it has suffered.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
May aswell be Micky mouse and Donald Duck. Think sunny, wanli and acceleras, something like that. Just ordered some rainsport 3 after much deliberation. The current ones are absolute shite in the wet, zero confidence when driving to the point where it's just not fun

PH2 172
May aswell be Micky mouse and Donald Duck. Think sunny, wanli and acceleras, something like that. Just ordered some rainsport 3 after much deliberation. The current ones are absolute shite in the wet, zero confidence when driving to the point where it's just not fun
Rainsport 3`s are spot on for the road & well priced compared to PS3`s.
I would like to see a head to head test of both of these.

RB Clio 182
They were the other option but at £25 ish more I took a punt on the rs3

Ive got rs3s all round, my turbo has hardly any spin on acceleration in the wet and dry, the sidewalls are soft when they are new but they are fine imo when they have worn 1-2mm down.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure they will be fine on the road for the cup. After the rain I'm after something great in the wet

PH2 172
They were the other option but at £25 ish more I took a punt on the rs3

I replaced PS3`s on the same criteria of price with RS3`s, and they are every bit as good.
They do look a bit odd initially,as they are not handed,and looks as if one side is fitted back to front,but they perform very well,wet or dry.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Should be with me tomo so all being will get them fitted. It's raining tomo and nice wed and Thursday so be a nice test

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I normally sit and do a couple of burnouts with new tyres then swap front to rear, gets rid of the new ness and stickers.

Will probably just do what you've suggested though :)

PH2 172
I normally sit and do a couple of burnouts with new tyres then swap front to rear, gets rid of the new ness and stickers.

Will probably just do what you've suggested though :smile:

That`s good sense,changing f to r.As my grounding is in 2 wheels,where that would not work,I would not have thought of that.Thanks.