ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Filming Trackdays- Car Camera's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The slow speed you drive, you'd be better off with Tony Haart sketching us pictures!! lol ;)

What do you guys make of this solution?

http://www.goprocamera.com/index5.htm

I don't own a camcorder so thought this was a pretty neat product, any thoughts or alternative ways to film driving? ta :)

I meet with this company at the Sema Show earlier in the year and have been talking to them re UK distribution.

As a cheap option its not bad at all, I've got one here in my office. Although haven't had time to play with it yet.

Here are some pics from the show;

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
As Tom said, the gadget show slatted it, the images were very grainey, not a lot of colour, and to top it all off it was subjected to alot of abuse, and for a camera made to be virtually indestructable it broke LOL.

They were also testing a couple of normal off the shelf brands and both of them came out better.

Have you had a look at some of the bullet cams with built in microphone, hook them up to a laptop or store the video onto the camera itself.

Nik had a set up on his Trophy like that, it was perfect the camera fitted into the Sport grille with a clear piece of plastic over the top to stop it from getting damaged.

Plus points of that set up is if you go the the Ring where camera equipment is banned, no one is really going to know as it is so small and discreet.

The hero did badly on a gadget show test i saw.

I've seen the Gadget show report and I didn't think it did that badly considering the tests involved - not the best camera for still landscape pictures granted.

For Motorsport video use its great (check out the videos on the link above), also features an optimised microphone and at this price level is very hard to ignor IMO. Although I do plan to test mine out in the New Year - will report back.