ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

DCi
i aim the corner a slight touch away from the keeper, 3/4 power with no curve and the the player it automatically selects, i make them get their head in front of their marker and just hit shoot to get a head on it.

super carra!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Im fed up with fifa, only played like 4 matches and torres got injured off for 3 months, now i cant play any matches atall, in the calendar it goes to next date with the ball yet i cant play and just have to choose another date to sim to :s what am i doing wrong? its career under player only,

Wheres cheapest place to buy it for 360 anyone know? Want to go buy it tonight but didnt know which supermarket is best offer atm?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Im fed up with fifa, only played like 4 matches and torres got injured off for 3 months, now i cant play any matches atall, in the calendar it goes to next date with the ball yet i cant play and just have to choose another date to sim to :s what am i doing wrong? its career under player only,

If he's injured and you're only playing with Torres, it'll just keep simming til he's fit again mate!

LY 200
f**kabout after 7 league games my goal machine (with 3 goals) cant control has got injured for 35 days!

Now i have Piquionne and Macheda to choose from who i havnt been able to get to score yet - This games a f**king challenge. lol

F56 MINI Cooper S
What button defends corners? every corner the oppositing gets a header on goal every single f**king time, yet I never win headers when a corner comes for me. ???

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I just got sacked, 2nd season in with man utd, first review, sacked me for being 4th and under achieving :-( lol

Renault Clio 1.4
I use X/B to defend corners. Doesn't seem to matter if you don't have the correct position though which seems nigh on impossible to get into sometimes.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I tried VP as a keeper for a few games.. horrendously f**king boring!

Started out at my usual difficulty (Semi-Pro) and at Spurs, didn't concede a goal in 2 games, and only 1 shot. Bumped difficulty up to World Class when we played Real Madrid, zero shots on target

Bizarre! Went straight back to my ST VP, muuuch better

DCi
i use square / whatever the left one is on xbox to defend corners because it gets it furthest away from the net lol. But as Benson said it is most important to get in front of the man.

i find virtual pro as a striker harder than fifa 10 - in 10 you could just run between the 2 centre backs and press triangle to beat the offside trap but now you have to be a bit smarter - saying that i did manage to go to old trafford and get a throw in to come to my feet in the peno box, turned and curled it in the far post in one swift moment :cool: not a defender in sight

Si

RS Clio 172
I'm genuinely loving this game. It's the first time since FIFA 07 that I've been this hooked.

I've started a season on World Class with Bournemouth (Player Manager). It's so rewarding, you really have to work hard for goals.

I've struggled slightly online because of my impatients though, I find when i sit back at chill out rather that trying to chase play I do a lot better. I also seem to be a sucker for a rematch again people who are much better than me! lol.

Only glitches I've found so far is the camera view changing by itself in multiplayer (it changed to end-to-end by itself, it was Revels' fault) and it also booted me out of an XBL match and classed it as me leaving :(

LY 200
i aim the corner a slight touch away from the keeper, 3/4 power with no curve and the the player it automatically selects, i make them get their head in front of their marker and just hit shoot to get a head on it.

super carra!

I tried this last night and ended up with a Manuel Da Costa thunderbolt past Jasskelainan!

Aint been able to repeat it since though. lol

german
Two games into manager career at Everton and I think I'm going to take it down a notch. Pre season was mixed, lost first PL game 2-0 to Chelsea and then lost 1-0 at home to Bolton. Had about 5 chances in both games combined. It seems a lot harder than 10.

Corsa Van. Meh.
Got my copy last night and managed to sit down for a taster session. Pretty awesome TBF and definately a step up in realism from FIFA 10. Played on Professional for my first game and fudge me it's difficult. Managed to win my first game 3-0, Southend v Bristol but that was lucky if im honest.

Seat Leon Cupra 290
Struggled to complete a head to head game so far, most people are quitting at 90mins, really annoying.

Also online has anyone else had an opposition player whois really good at all the skill moves but cant defend at all? Ive had loads of opponents like that!

Mk4 .:R32
They should change the online feature so people can't quit. Or if they stop playing/turn their PS3/Xbox off then the computer simlation will take over their team and they still lose the points from their rating.

F**king annoys the hell out of me when you beat someone and they will play the full 90 mins then you get the loading ring appear on the left hand side which means they are quitting the game. c*nts

Clio 182 cup'd
They should change the online feature so people can't quit. Or if they stop playing/turn their PS3/Xbox off then the computer simlation will take over their team and they still lose the points from their rating.

F**king annoys the hell out of me when you beat someone and they will play the full 90 mins then you get the loading ring appear on the left hand side which means they are quitting the game. c*nts

As long as the game has gone beyond 15 minutes, you take all the points. Good system to me, I was losing 4 - 1 in the second half the other day, he quit or got disconected, I took all the points! I've had to quit early on when the connection has been terrible, nothing wrong with that. If my opponant has pikey broadband they can forget it.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Haha, can't believe some people still quit and you don't get the win for it. Anyone who exits early should be punished and the innocent party get the full credit for staying. I suppose with crashes, freezing and loss of connection it could become debatable whether they have actually quit or been booted. So that could raise some concerns. But if they've actually pressed Start and gone to quit match, it should be tracked and logged.

Si

RS Clio 172
I was booted out of an online game the other day. It classed it as a defeat and has gone down in my record as a quit game :(

Had to quit one game so far though, took a phonecall I couldn't ignor. Had the guy messaging me saying I was scared. lol. epic weirdo.

Clio
Got my copy last night and managed to sit down for a taster session. Pretty awesome TBF and definately a step up in realism from FIFA 10. Played on Professional for my first game and fudge me it's difficult. Managed to win my first game 3-0, Southend v Bristol but that was lucky if im honest.

I feel insulted now. Did you play the Rugby team?

LY R26
was going to set up some of the chants tonight but seems the english and scottish ones have been removed!

LY 200
I didnt realise until tonigh how easy it is to get your keeper sent off!

I did it without any sub GK's and paid. lol

Renault Clio 1.4
Would anybody be interested in setting up a league on the 360? Would play each team twice, say a maximum rating of four stars?

Yellow 197
Having loads of problems with it disconnecting half way through games etc!?

Apart from that loving it, been playing with Barca, Messi is awesome! LOL

Skoda Fabia vRS
when you play as a player manager and your setting up your attributes of your player, is their a limit to how good you can make them, as it seemed to be letting me put the values up to anything i wanted ?

i left it as it was really cos i wanted to get into it quickly before i went to the gym, but now im thinking i should have maxed out everything if it was going to let me

also if you just choose manager, do you not actually play the games, are the sim'd or something ?

im fairly new to this

Clio
Is there a bug in the game?

I signed a player on a free, said he wasn't interested then when I went to the negotiation screen it said he was, I accepted and it said he signed but he hasn't appeared anywhere but on my transfer screen. Also deducted his wages from my wage budget. £7000, and considering I'm Bristol Rovers its almost all of it:dapprove: