ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FIFA 2011

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
First details emerging on the new version - the video below has most of the details. Player likenesses look much better. Oh, and it sounds like the next gen version is coming to the PC at long last, not that I'm bothered but I know a few will be pleased.

fifa11v.jpg

[youtube]8ifaOA4crac[/youtube]

:cool:

DCi
the pictures always look mint compared to how it will be on the console.

but yeah could be a lot harder

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This is a great gameplay write up from an early code :

Glen Cooley – FIFA 11 Gamplay Preview Review J

Well now that the furore of FIFA 11 news coming out is starting to die down I thought it right to write up my review of what we played at EAC and also explain how the early community play tests work and just a n overview of our experience.

Most if not all of what I am going to talk about has been discussed by others or me. What I want to do is provide a little more insight and contextualise the feedback from my point of view and how I think the community will play and see the game.

Right enough waffle lets talk about how the events work.

As you know several lucky people get to go to Canada and get very early hands on with the next version of the game. There are two main reasons and a couple of collateral reasons they do this. The first and most important is so that they can listen to what we as a community want and show us how they are achieving what we want. The second reason is to listen to our feedback and discuss what we want and why we want it. These usually for lively debates between the community members and the senior development team and are enjoyable (especially as avid FIFA fans!)

So it starts with a Golden Ticket, well its not gold actually and its more of a boarding pass so not golden ticket like at all.

My first surprise was meeting Chris (HandofBeadle) and Spike (BigZombieMonkey). Both are top blokes it has to be said and throughout the week we had lots of laughs, debates and outright disagreements J

Right, we will skip the 9 hours of boredom on a plane (which as a smoker is a killer). Monday morning we go to the EAC studios. This is not to be understated the facility/campus is huge. I mean massive, i'm not sure but its probably visible from space So watching some of the people who’s first visit to the studio’s reaction was quite nice as its how I felt the first time I saw it.

You approach the studio up a large driveway passing the underground car park and drive up to the main building. The first thing you see is the Arena Pitch. Which always reminds me of that first time being Ronnie in a dark flood lit pitch (and then fluffing my shot wide).

The game play stuff is coming I promise J

After some paperwork stuff and visitor passes being issued we sit down in one of the EA University classroom/meeting rooms and are given a couple of presentations. The first by Dave Rutter which covers top level improvements and key areas they are looking to fix or improve based on the community. The next presentation is from Gary Patterson and Aaron McHardy. Gary and Aaron are the actual guys behind the gameplay for FIFA.

Throughout the presentations we are shown a series of tech videos (well once Dave R had figured out how to hook his laptop to the projector and several people came down from the IT dept to assist )

The tech videos are basically wireframe like clips of certain gameplay functionality. These are to illustrate specific improvement or to test outcomes of situations.

A set of these videos showed how the new player position and ball position/velocity affects shots. The demo showed a player hitting a shot from a ball that was coming across him. This demonstrated the way be ball will swerve with that type of shot and how hard it was to do it accurately consistently. I enjoyed that a lot as it meant that shooting will be less repetitive and feel more rewarding if it goes in.

Another highlight was a video showing multiple players challenging for the ball which is something that is severely lacking in previous FIFA’s.

The presentations also formed an ad hoc Q&A which was nice. Lots of questions about ping pong passing repetitive shooting were asked and answered.

After the presentation, we went on a short facility tour, and although this is nice I think I can speak for us all and say that we were itching to play the game after all the presentations and would have quite happily skipped the tour!

Right gameplay.

We are ushered in to a gameplay/user group testing room. This room has lots of TV’s and Xbox 360’s and a one way mirror at one end (that is used to watch focus groups and monitor reactions but wasn’t used as far as I know while we were there).

The consoles all have the XNA dev kit on them (or at least that’s what I think it is) and were switched on with the main FIFA 11 menu up. Because of the early nature of the build there are very limited options on the menu, settings and exhibition match are the only active ones.

Being eager, I jump straight in to an exhibition match and notice how the room full of 20 people becomes a lot quieter!

One last thing before jumping in to the gameplay. The game is very very early and we are told there are a few niggles, issue and things not working quite right which is normal but it helps to appreciate that in context. We were also asked to save replays of anything that we thought was odd, didn’t work right or had positive/negative feelings about (for example how the defensive AI moves etc.)

Finally game play. Well in all honesty the first couple of games are hard to gauge. Sure you can see and feel the improvements but because of excitement and being so familiar with FIFA 10 you don’t really start to play and use the improvements for a few games. It takes a while but when you start adapting your play is like a eureka moment.

The first improvement for me was the physicality. What this means is the players now shield, back in to and compete for the ball much more organically and less shoulder charging and comedy bouncing. You sense that Heskey will hold the ball up better than say Kuyt could. It makes you experiment and mix your play up. You probe in midfield, and either get impatient and try to use the wide outlets or get the ball in to feet of the striker to move the team in to the final third. This is much more like the football I used to play and the football I watch from the terraces.

The physicality now means that the players have weight, they have substance and it also means you can play the game slower without being steam rollered.

Passing, this is an interesting one. Because I don’t play ping pong it was less noticeable. Every pass I make, is usually after a controlled touch or a few steps which means that the new passing system wasn’t as evident to me. This is a good thing though, because when I played some of the guys from Germany it was clear that the new passing system was taking them out of their pong passing comfort zone. It also showed that both faster and slower players can play the game they want against each other.

There are several factors to the new passing.

- Playing the ball quicker reduces accuracy, not just directionally but in terms of pass speed.
- The more passes strung together the less easy they are to control and pass again first time.
- Because no team is full of Xavi or Fabregas’s (well until Arsenal sell him to Barca at least) trying to ping pong from a good passer to less accomplished passers is very very difficult
- Passes will now swerve, and can be over hit or under hit more frequently.

Overall the new passing system adds to the authenticity but not to the determent of having a balanced fun game and not to the extreme of full manual controls. Which although a hot and contentious topic on the forums it’s not a control system for everybody.

After adjusting my playing style to the new passing you start to see other improvements. Through balls are special now. There is a real satisfaction to getting them right. This is because of the decreased accuracy and need for appropriate power. Through balls now feel like a skill and give a sense of achievement. This sense of achievement though is short lived when you get through on goal………

Having played some attractive midfield play, managed finally to coax out a chance, I try one in the top corner. God damn it the goal keeper (Renia) takes a step and springs to his side and touches it away. It was at that moment I realised how much they were improving the game. I watched the replay back and you could see how the goal keeper now read the shot and sprung just like in real life to tip it wide.

In the presentation we were told how the goal keepers are now more life like (and thankfully they don’t leave their line so readily!) We were shown some videos on the differing styles of goal keepers like tall imposing Petr Cech and smaller more agile Reina. Cech obviously has advantages in being able to reach much further but Renia has the agility of an antelope (ok maybe not that much but you get the idea).

This is all good and adds to the player “personality” but in game it now means more organic and realistic GK choices in terms of saves and so forth. With this new GK AI multiple saves are more pronounced, the palm the ball less (but still too much for me) to strikers and the better goal keepers can adjust there body to make saves. This is most evident when they misread the trajectory and stick a hand out the other way or foot.

Another nice touch is the introduction of GK kicking styles. There is now a sideways (a’la cech) type kick and a normal up and under type goal kick. Very nice additions in my opinion. Again it all adds to the feeling of authenticity.

Would of like to of seen this after a deflection but I didn’t have any deflections so will have to wait and see how it looks and feels on that front I guess.

Personality+ Personally I think the build was too early for us to see the full potential of this. It was present but there is work left to do on it. A nice surprise is that in the build we had we had a lot of the new player faces. I found this out when I was showing Dave Rutter a replay and he zoomed in on Fabregas and said shhh they shouldn’t have been in our build yet!

It was hard in our build to tell the difference in the improvements in physicality, improved passing and more dependence on attributes. Again we will have to wait for later revisions or the demo to see the true potential of this and how it feels and looks in practice.

Some examples of personality+ were evident though. Brazils right back Alvez for example isn’t shy in going forward in real life. In fifa players now have individual styles of play. Alvez for Brazil has a “low” defensive work rate and actively looks to go forwards. He doesn’t neglect his defensive duties but gives that sense of wanting to get in on the play. The contrast is better though watching Rooney work his socks off up front while Berbatov just looks disinterested most of the time. Pretty much like real life to me J

Shooting and ball physics feel much better. Hitting low shots now feels better the ball zipping nice and low. Personally I’d like a little more pace on them but its subjective I guess.

Shooting seems to have more variety the ball doesn’t seem to hit the same spot each time and gives that sense of again being less predictable. I scored a few from distance out of a lot of attempts so it seems the shooting is more balanced and life like. The animations for shooting are more life like too with it taking a fraction longer to wind up for a long shot.

Other nice features were the new audio customisation. To demonstrate this we were taken deep in the EA studio to where they record and edit music, sound effects and so forth. We recorded a few chants that were to be put in to the game and watched in one of the “cinemas” at EAC.

After record the chants Jeff the audio producer for EA sports explained the new audio features. Firstly you can play your own track lists. This is something the community has wanted for a long time so is a nice inclusion.

The in game audio now lets you record and imports various audio files for aspects of the game. You can customise the song for when your team come on to the pitch, when you score and load authentic chants that are sung by your teams supporters.

For people in to this it’s really going to add to the realism. Not only will it really feel like your team, it will sound like you’re at the ground!

Video replays. Again another community wish was to be able to save videos to your hard drive and save replays from online games. Well EA have worked hard and you can now do that. At the end of a match all the highlights are listed and you can choose which ones to save. Finally we can have some proof on the forum of “I scored this amazing goal against a Real Madrid abuser with Barnet” J

The last thing before I stop waffling was the creation of a new pass while we were there. Gary had been toying with the idea of a new driven/bouncing lob and asked us what we thought to the idea. Everyone thought it sounded great so he went away, stayed late that night and coded it up. (Thanks Gary we do appreciate the effort)

The following day because the code was in a build that has new secret unannounced features in it Gary and Aaron brought now a full Xbox 360 Dev Kit (in a rather nice matte grey finish). We were under strict instructions to not restart the machine and had one of the dev team with us at all times to make sure we didn’t load another build (the dev kit machines allow you to store multiple builds of the game on it hence the security)

Unfortunately we only got to play a couple of games on that build but it was much better than what we had been playing all week. The new pass was a superb addition. Being able to put a ball at pace at chest height or bounce it in to a player was brilliant. I keep thinking of Heskey backing in to a player and chesting the ball down as the only way to describe this new pass!

Overall the game is looking so promising, I did have another moan to anyone that would listen that the second player press is too powerful and that defending should be a skill much like attacking so hopefully they will come up with some ideas on toning it down. Gary did say they had experimented with second press not tackling but jockeying but said that didn’t look or feel right so we will have to see what they do on that one.

I am probably missing a few things out so will added them in as I remember them.

Anyways hopefully you get a feeling for the new game and a little taste of how this early testing works and how EA are trying to listen to us.

My fingers hurt now.

Glen

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still find it funny how pro took over on the looks side of things.

They always concentrated on the gameplay but recently the graphics have been fantastic on pro evo!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think the embargo is lifted either today or tomorrow, so we should have a lot more details on FIFA 11 then. For now, here's some sneak peaks and info :

The most important thing for Halifax (pes 2011 publisher in Italy) was to show the new passing system, that finally opens new possibilities to create a great gameplay

But this is a new kind of pes. It's very slow, it almost seems to be playing the old winning eleven(s). It really gives you this impression.
But, for now, the player movements are too slow because of inertia of players.
They all seem to be Adriano (the fat Adriano transferred to Roma)

It is a great attempt to fresh things up, and to follow Fifa. But with follow i mean by far, because the 75% fifa 11 version i played today is still a mirage to pes. Fifa 11 is simply devastating.

fifa_11_screen_001.jpg

fifa_11_screen_002.jpg

fifa_11_screen_003.jpg

fifa_11_screen_004.jpg

fifa_11_screen_005.jpg

fifa_11_screen_006.jpg

fifa_11_screen_007.jpg

fifa_11_screen_008.jpg

fifa_11_screen_009.jpg

fifa_11_screen_010.jpg

fifa_11_screen_011.jpg

fifa_11_screen_012.jpg

fifa_11_screen_013.jpg

DRIBBLING
Do certain players dribble one footed?
No. It won't be in this FIFA I'm afraid. Make a big thing of it in my suggestions thread and I'll pass it across. I'm probably going to hold off on sending stuff to EA because I don't think this is the best time to send stuff over. It's too late for something as big as this to be implemented but too soon for EA to give such suggestions their full attention.

Is it easier to beat your man?
Might want to rephrase that..
Yes. When I was in Canada I was quite concerned about being able to judge the game because the responsiveness of players was pretty awful (FIFA 08 levels) and there was a pretty frequent bug with the trapping where players would just watch the ball roll timidly past them. Knowing that the shielding wasn't really in, the dribbling wasn't working and the positioning was too squashed in made judging how easy it was to retain possession very difficult.

It was the last hour or two of the whole week, when I got to play a much newer, tighter build of FIFA 11, that I felt a lot more confident about the game. The dribbling responsiveness went from being somewhere between FIFA 08/09 to being a tiny smidge better than WC2010. I was delighted with this and I'm sure owners of EA's most recent football title will be as well.

I'm a big fan of Serbia and Croatia in the WC game. Croatia are fairly lightweight and not particularly quick, but technically very proficient and with a formation that lends itself to passing triangles. Serbia are a lot more rigid and conventional with two banks of four, a dangerous right winger and a big target man. Both sides have a very wide spread of dribbling ability, meaning I'm encouraged to take people on with Krasic far more than Zigic, while Modric or Krancjar are both wonderful at retaining possession under pressure.

Needless to say, FIFA 11 develops on this. Weaker dribblers are far slower at turning now (see my comments in Part 1 about Accrington Stanley), while the most agile movers like Lennon and Modric are perhaps slightly more nimble than in the World Cup game. It might sound like this isn't enough, but the point is not that the dribbling was insufficiently effective in WC, but that the tackling ability of players was still too good (even though it was taken down a fair bit from FIFA 10). FIFA 11's reaction to this has been the tackling coverage changes and the fact that defenders can't just barge attackers and take the ball away.

I've not even touched on the 'close touch' dribbling given players like Robben, Messi, Arshavin etc. In truth I didn't play as the relevant sides a whole lot. I used lesser sides far more frequently. I did, however, set up a quick test match against the CPU with me as Barca and I just gave the ball to Messi every time, dribbling up and down the flank to try him out. He certainly can rip fullbacks up now if used properly. The close control running means that you can actually sprint at men with the ball rather than having to jog, which is a significant asset for a player to have.

Will it be game breaking? No. I don't think so. You don't just get a free ride through. It's going to have to be a tactical consideration to try and shut him out via double teaming and man marking, as Greece did in reality.

DEFENCE
Have the defensive lines been fixed yet?
I didn't see a single problem. Apparently Adam from WENB did? But I genuinely didn't have any issues here at all. Defending was an absolute joy compared to FIFA 10 or WC. It feels like you're defending as a unit, rather than fighting against your own side. It was a real joy to behold as someone who loves defending and was pissed off at how often a full back would kill my offside line in the past couple of games. Being able to play as a lesser, yet defensively organised side, is finally feasible without people just passing diagonally into the striker and getting a free shot against my will.

I do wonder whether Adam was pressuring with his centre backs which meant the sprinted up from their defensive line while the full bakcs carried on, giving the impression of a FIFA 10 style dodgy back line. It's hard to say without having seen what he's seen. But to be fair Adam did make a point of saying he found defending was far more solid and reliable than in the past.

Is Jockeying more effective?
I've always found jockeying to be effective. The problem IMO is that pressuring was always more effective, while also being far easier!

Again, I'd say that jockeying and structured, organise defending is a lot more attainable than before. Pressuring still needs reining in - I said as much in my feedback form - but I've always been someone who tries to keep a rigid formation and defends quite narrowly to stop people slipping through the middle and this seemed much easier to do becausse everyone who was on my side felt like they were doing their job.

I did have some issues with jockeying that I fed back, as if I was fighting momentum more than I should have been when moving in particular directions. This is something that I flagged as needing to be fixed. On the whole though defending intelligently felt a lot easier.

Player Switching - does the defender stutter?
I didn't notice it as much. Not saying it was gone but it didn't seem as regular as before. The nature of the game's new pacing meant that it was more forgiving of issues like this.

I think I answered this somewhere in the forum already but for some reason the Evo-Web forums seem to be locking up at the moment - is it just me? I may come back and edit this when I don't just get a white screen!

Do you have to intercept passes more manually?

I've looked at my Q&A notes I made on the train ride back. I put 'Yes'. That's helpful for typing it up a month later!!

In WC2010 there was an issue where your player might be forced to receive/intercept a pass at a certain point, even if the intercept point is much further down the line and you will never get the ball compared to moving in the direction you wanted and trapping the ball. This issue is gone - you intercept the ball at the point in the ball's path you point at.

That said, your team mates are much more proactive in shutting out loose passes. FIFA 10 was rife with slow passes trickling past your team mates when they could blatantly just step out of their trance and control the ball. FIFA 11 addresses this too, even tying a stat to it (apparently!).

-----------
ANY DOUBTS/NIGGLES?
- Sideways/backwards passing inaccuracy at the lowest levels could do with stepping up a bit more. As I said in Part 1, the moment the pass tends to be slower and bouncier, but still a bit more directionally on target than I'd like. To be fair, first touch control wasn't in just yet, so that may contribute.

- Pressing is still a bit much, though we did find we were getting pretty good at making our own space towards the end of the day.

-Until the above two are fixed, personality will be slightly hampered.

- Stamina hadn't been fixed yet - but apparently it's going to be.

- Some running animations are a bit odd. I assume it was glitchy as it wasn't all that consistent, but at times a few players almost seemed like they were riding a bike! I flagged this up as something that, if it isn't a bug, will get a bit of a kicking on the forums. I'm pretty sure it was though.

- There's no way you'd expect to be able to tell from such a brief play, but once we have the game in our consoles it'll be interesting to see, if you can feel more subtle differences between similar players - will you be able to tell the difference between Barry and Carrick, for example.

- The only slight, but still present, doubt I have left is whether what we've played will represent the final title. Most of the people who went along last year will tell you that the FIFA 10 that was released was very different from the much slower, more realistic game they played. I'm very confident that the class of 2010 won't be stitched up as well; EA got a lot of stick for doing this, and for releasing an arcadey game after promising a sim. If EA do end up turning the game into something far more arcadey then it'll be a real shoe in the throat and I won't be interested in wasting any more of my own time with FIFA 12/13 etc. However I really can't see them doing it twice in a row given how horrifically it backfired last year. The reason EA invited us round so early this year (and for a week, not just a weekend) was precisely because they were extremely keen on getting our feedback and advice.

HAPPY THOUGHTS

- The game speed was perfect. Normal is what we've been asking Slow to be for ages.

- Defensive AI is leaps and bounds above 09/10/WC. Rock solid, as long as you are.

- Passing (in)accuracy and pace feels incredible, particularly at Premiership and Championship levels. When even Barcelona have passing inaccuracy, you know it's not a cheap gimmick!

- Crossing and heading feels utterly nailed on. Perfect sense of threat and excitement.

- The bouncing lob will be terrific once you get used to it being an option!

- It genuinely feels much more emotionally involving to play. Everything feels like a struggle, a competitive battle, like you're playing at the edge of your ability. When you score, you feel a lot more like celebrating than the dispassionate 'meh' of FIFA 10. I know this is something that was promised last year, but I did genuinely feel that way.

- You need to weight through balls. I tried a cheap and dirty cutback using assisted through ball and I put too much on it, missing a very easy chance (there weren't any defenders!).

- Generally speaking, it feels like a game pretty devoid of f**k ups. FIFA 10 and WC2010 were so enraging precisely because goals you conceded almost always felt like they weren't your fault. It'd feel like there was an enjoyable experience in there somewhere but it was agonisingly out of reach behind this semi-transparent film of exploitable glitches and gameplay bugs that took matters out of your hands.

- I wrote in my notes, "Assisted isn't a f**king disgrace anymore". You'll be able to play with assisted controls and feel a shred of dignity, like an old man who has regained control of his bowels and has ceremoniously dowsed his incontinence pants in petrol and cast them into the fire. I still don't see it as anything like as good as semi or manual controls in terms of enjoyability, but at least it feels like I can play against it!

OVERALL

Dead chuffed at it's progress in just a year (and including the WC game in that schedule!). It's amazing to see so many of Evo-Web's suggestions manifested in the next edition of FIFA. As I've said before, I'm not just interested in FIFA for the next game, but for the game after that as well. Some of the ideas we come up with, and the general rehabilitation of FIFA after it's arcadey FIFA 09/10 relapse, need to span over more than one release. But I feel that FIFA 11 is much more than just a platform to build on. In it's current form it's a damn good game in it's own right. It looks very similar to FIFA 10/WC graphically, but in terms of gameplay it's so much more than just a tweak. EA haven't rested on their laurels at all.

It answers a lot of our cries for a deeper footballing experience by overhauling physicality to be much more even handed, completely reworking it's attribute system, returning the pace of the game to FIFA 08 levels and listening to you hardcore football game fans who actually think about gameplay rather than boots or ankle tape. I bloody salute you lot.

When FIFA 11 comes out we'll undoubtedly find issues and niggles, as will be the case for any game where so many different people with different tastes and ideals crave perfection from one title. My personal opinion though - and I'm probably jinxing it now - is that (touch wood) a lot of the things we'll want to improve after a few months of play will be much more about improving the game, rather than fixing it. That's a very positive thing for those of us who want a great game that'll last them all year, and a particularly big plus for those of us who are full to bursting with ideas and suggestions and don't want EA to have to commit so much time to mending broken gameplay.

Roll on July 22nd for the next big release of news!

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I just hope they work against the so-easy "square ball" that is used every time you play against someone online :mad:

Also stop the "Holding A" feature PLEASE!!!!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not gonna be buying it on release day again, far too into my other EA games nowadays. Plus I only buy them for their Be A Pro modes :p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
More translated hands-on :

Suddenly became the only one of the surprises that still have saved but where they showed us the first details. The "manager mode ", renamed" career mode ", will feature 15 seasons and has been completely renovated both in visual appearance that is somewhat similar to a web portal (saving similarities with that of FIFA World Cup) which showed the news on matches, classification and upcoming matches on the same screen as in their processes, because as many know, the manager mode of FIFA 10 failed miserably in the amount of bugs and inconsistencies. Another novelty in this way is to choose three types, being the player, being only the manager or be a player-manager. To eliminate the errors of his predecessor have created new transfer systems and other improvements to try to create a credible negotiation and experience.

David Rutter told us that the build that was available to the media was 75% complete, and as always we explained that it is testing a version of things to correct or improve. The presentation was very well argued, but regrettably, with daily data followers already knew but improvements in the way manager, for one expected to be disclosed a secret anymore. Will have to wait guys!

After the presentation, Lazarus, the responsible press that "spam" until we got the tickets (Thanks for the patience, from here we will send you a hug!) invited us to get their hands on FIFA 11 on different screens who had just behind where we were located.

Again, I recommend reading the earlier advance before reading further. As I said, in paragraph playable not expect great changes taking into account the short period between a beta and another, but that the minute of playing both Gonzalo and I noticed a higher quality and more polished all the sections in version of E3.

Beginning with the pace of play is still rather more leisurely than in FIFA 10, but this version felt more fluid, not to be confused with faster. The movements are perfectly entwined, as in the previous build had problems in small moments due to lack of animation, this is no longer happening, everything is almost perfect set. The "almost" is that in some air balloon fights was a little trembling of the players, and also saw a couple or three slips of ice players as you try your lawn. As there, things that have the betas, but the work was really amazing, there is a lot of new moves that make uncoordinated actions are not at any time. Another good news was the release of the ball with the players. The rebounds were entirely free, were very typical missing rails FIFA gradually being eliminated to improve freedom. In this release the ball out to their own devices in the rebounds, I remember as Messi was brought down to steal the ball and he was lying right on the line goal-kick and the ball hit him and was within the field. It also seems to have finally disappeared exaggerated effects that left a bad taste in the mouth, the physics of the ball is at his best.

What follows this is the theme of the players dribble the ball so focused on the position of his body in slow contacts, when they are is something more like (not at all or anything) to pipelines with one leg. Now players like Xavio Iniesta are of great importance in the game, not thrown to the ground except with heavy loads, perfect holding the ball, as Messi was able to withstand the mowed and keep running, was impressive. The truth is that the Personality + works perfectly and allows us to see how Crisitano Ronaldo runs like in reality with arms outstretched, or Messi with tiny steps, simply modeled these large cracks.

The truth is that the ping-pong is very difficult to do, the pro passing seems to comply perfectly, will have to see if over time people will take the trick and get a game again too fast and unrealistic at first touch, but I can assure you that will never be as simple as it is in FIFA 10. The long passes in Depth are the more will and more difficult to reach, the result is very positive. For fans of that manual control is great, they have run out you were random at the first touch, though of course continues the theme that if you are back and want to make a pass just behind, you have to give more force than normal for the situation of the body, which is totally logical. Both Gonzalo and I noticed that the manual control has been improved care and eliminating small mistakes I had.

The passes are still with the same level of quality, with some animations (pardon the word) acojonantes. It's nice to see the players put the tops gently below the ball looking for the parable they want, if anything I have to note are the changes of band, just for his spectacular animation level, physical and fluency.

And now comes something that I criticized a lot in the previous progress, the chutes. Shots on goal were extremely weak in the previous version, this I can only take my hat off and applaud. They won again the power of chuts of FIFA World Cup, but thanks to the Personality + is a greater variety and truth, begin to remind the dear chutes of 4 PRO - PRO 6. One of the things that surprised us was to see how in some shots the ball down poisoned (which in the previous non-beta) and did a quick search the ground parable complicating the interception of the ball with the goalkeeper. Following the porters, were equally humanized and improved in the previous version, with a large number of new stops. You could distinguish style goalie, which are more popping or other less spectacular but equally effective. Unfortunately hunchback continued with that body to get out the door, but at least we no longer fear them when they leave the posts, they act perfectly. The only error we saw was in a high bounce away than perfection could Bloco A typical movement made the jump into the air to send a corner kick.

The defense remains a great strength level, you encounter difficult times "disaster" defense "of FIFA 10 in panties literally staying ahead of rivals. Finally keep their positions and make good coverage in most cases. Tickets are still as good thanks to the large number who have added this time. The passing game boasts a wide variety and finally affects the position and have to play it while waiting for the ball reaches the finish area as your position will get a good shot or churros with all the letters.

In the game options we could choose new features when you play, how to make the Pro Passing affect more or less dribbling, or to choose the college party where everyone has a more or less permissive criteria. We also saw that was included as promised Russian League last year, leave more to the long list of FIFA.

Graphically it is one of the points we could say less brilliant, because FIFA is mediocre graphically, but because there is no significant change of the new modeling of faces and little else. In this version still faces many as last year, for example, Busquets and Pedro still did not have its own personality, are looking forward to working on add up to real faces. Also as we saw in front of the kits are not stretched, the letters behind it, leaving a bitter aftertaste. It seems that the lighting has increased slightly to make it look more green to night games, but as I say, no huge changes, follow the good style of recent deliveries, a slight graphical improvement is more apparent in the repetitions and close-ups to see higher quality textures and a color palette somewhat less strident. At present, the number and quality of stadia was the same as in FIFA 10, no apparent change, it would be strange not to see new stadiums, I guess all these things are yet to add, I hope so. The cinematics are still those that I liked both of the previous beta, with entry to the field and greeting the players, as I said the celebrations are brand new, dynamic and more real and effusive. The animations during the game copied those seen in FIFA 10.

As you can see, FIFA 11 promises much! is clear that will set a new standard to follow and that if he can polish a few problems and hopefully improvement of graphics can be one of the final sports games this generation. There are months to launch and the product has a high level, just need to know that we provide ways to make it round the game we all expect.

As usual, I invite you to leave the questions you like, but beware, do not go out much of what is written because it is not showed us anything else. Most of all issues to clarify portions of the progress, doubts or questions that we have little grasp visually. As we'll answer.

To be honest, FIFA 10's gameplay was good, I preferred it to FIFA 09, but there were so many bugs, especially in manager mode that it was a disgrace. It wouldnt have been so bad if they hadnt hyped how brilliant that manager mode was going to be, and then REALLY mucked it up....hope this is better in FIFA 11!!

RS Clio 182
To be honest, FIFA 10's gameplay was good, I preferred it to FIFA 09, but there were so many bugs, especially in manager mode that it was a disgrace. It wouldnt have been so bad if they hadnt hyped how brilliant that manager mode was going to be, and then REALLY mucked it up....hope this is better in FIFA 11!!

i agree - i cant believe they actually released the game with those manager mode bugs in - it made that 1 player mode totally unplayable,an utter disgrace from EA,and thats where PES really excels with the Master League mode. I think PES will take back its title this year,and convert a lot of people back to it who went to FIFA - the improvements for PES2011 sound very promising,and it looks lke the developers have actually listened to the gamers complaint about the recent next gen version and acted. I hope theyve sorted the refs from 2010,as they were diabolical. I really enjoyed FIFA South Africa,a massive improvement over 2010,it felt more like PES to play gameplay-wise - but i STILL get more satisfaction scoring a goal in PES than in FIFA - thats why i cant wait for Konami's next installment,i cant say im bothered about FIFA 11 at all.

SLK 350
FIFA is technically the better game, but, PES is just so much more fun playing with a mate. That said, we only play on the '09 versions.

11v11 online sounds like fun, but it's not.

Remember when you were at school, about 8 years old and you played football in the playground? No organisation. Nobody passes. Head down and run. Tackled. Repeat. It's exactly like that.

Keepers will be funny though as people will go on crazy runs.

DCi
i hate playing 10v10 on fifa 10, because im obviously an awesome striker but everyone else thinks they are too and tries to be poachers with their midfielders that they selected :mad:

i'll stick to head to head play ta

WC is much better. It's more realistic. I like the online WC, so you have to through the groups etc. I hope they do something similar for the new one. Makes a change to just playing randoms online.

Penalties aren't guaranteed goals anymore. More are missed than saved.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
WC is much better. It's more realistic. I like the online WC, so you have to through the groups etc. I hope they do something similar for the new one. Makes a change to just playing randoms online.

Penalties aren't guaranteed goals anymore. More are missed than saved.

I had 2 in a game

First time I had nooo idea what I was doing, second one I just about figured it out, hit it near enough straight at the keeper, he parried it on to the post, it pinged back across the goal off the other post and in :p

Mine just go straight and just hope the keeper dives.

Had a shoot out and both of us missed them all. Sudden death took a few attempts each before I scored and won.

See how long it takes you to win the WC..

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm doing the Captain Your Country mode at the mo. Haven't lost a game in qualification with England so far, which is how it should be :p

Am captain too now, but Rooney is hot on my heels again