ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta st content

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Well after a year with my 1.6 clio I was looking about for a nice upgrade, I was originally looking at mk7 zetec s' but I didn't want to get tied into a car with that much finance on it so when I saw this st I went to have a look/ drive and ended up buying it

The spec is as follows:

2007 plate
Performance blue
36k on the clock
full heated leather seats, heated screen etc

First up the old clio:

5969027277_ff8d4abc3d_z.jpg

SAM_0608 by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

And now the st:

6539275495_aa6d8d0e93_z.jpg

Front shot ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539265155_f49d53b8f7_z.jpg

Rear of ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539205593_cc4dc00f85_z.jpg

Side shot ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539226141_67e9722304_z.jpg

Dash board ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

6539238567_d98acd1416_z.jpg

Puddle shot ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

And my favourite shot:

6539198759_14f8cb4765_z.jpg

Puddle reflection ST by theycallmepaul, on Flickr

The main plan for now is to tidy it all up, paintwork wise it is covered in swirl marks, theres 2 small dents to get looked at and Im going to get the rear bumper resprayed at some point, other than that just enjoy it :)

Thanks

Paul

Swift Sport
Decent little cars these, never been keen on the colour-coded interiors but they're great value for money.

RS6 C7
I have been looking at these!, How does it drive compared to your 1.6? I loved my old 1.6 and wish i never sold it :(

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Decent little cars these, never been keen on the colour-coded interiors but they're great value for money.

I actually quite like them when they match, I'm in two minds whether to get a blue dash or not

Looks very nice

Nice example.

Seems the German barges might not be taking over!

2 ST's this week lol

Lol! There won't be any clios left on this site soon!

I have been looking at these!, How does it drive compared to your 1.6? I loved my old 1.6 and wish i never sold it :(

Its a nice step up, obviously its not as quick as a 182 or a type r but insurance wise its spot on I had quotes of around £800 at 21 with 1 years no claims which was spot on compared to £14-1500 for a 182, I'm really enjoying it so far, going to look into a better flexi pipe soon aparantly they make the car a much better drive.

Looks like a nice upgrade. Was it yourself that had Zetec-S before the green clio?

If you mean the red one that got written off then yes that was me, I've done a full circle clio to fiesta, back to clio and then back into a fiesta!

Swift Sport
What are they like on fuel? I know I could look up figures on Parkers or Autotrader but what are owners actually getting?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice buy mate. Looks unmolested aswell.

Fantastic cars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What are they like on fuel? I know I could look up figures on Parkers or Autotrader but what are owners actually getting?

I could get 40mpg at a push out a modded one. Some people struggle to get 30 out their's.

Swift Sport
I could get 40mpg at a push out a modded one. Some people struggle to get 30 out their's.

An old workmate had one and complained about economy, but then he'd come from a 1.0 Corsa. If I downgraded again I'd consider one of these.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great :)

I have a soft spot for these, and it is on the maybe list for when I look to change my car next year at some point.

Is the handling as poor as I've heard though?? :S

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
And windscreen!

Paul, the car looks awesome. A very nice upgrade.

Thanks a lot :)

Im averaging around 33mpg for the 4-5 miles I do to work each day but Ive seen into the 40s on a nice steady run I think it should be a bit better once we get out of the cold weather as I've noticed it has dropped slightly over the past 2-3 weeks.

Nice buy mate. Looks unmolested aswell.

Fantastic cars.

Thanks Gally I think its deffinatley going to grow on me!

Nice. Heated seats must be nice this time of year!

Oh yes! my bum thanks me every morning

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I was talking to a guy at work. He gets the same as I do in my Focus. His foot must be made of lead if that's the case lol.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great :)

I have a soft spot for these, and it is on the maybe list for when I look to change my car next year at some point.

Is the handling as poor as I've heard though?? :S

I've not had chance to give it a good blast anywhere yet with the weather but so far it seems awesome handling wise, the smaller steering wheel is awesome after being used to a clio sized one!

Looks a nice example, i'd definately consider one if I went from 2 cars to 1. Only thing that puts me off is having a transit works van, so many things I can see from just the pictures that I have in my van. I'm sure the heated seats and cheap insurance would win me over though!

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had chance to give it a good blast anywhere yet with the weather but so far it seems awesome handling wise, the smaller steering wheel is awesome after being used to a clio sized one!
I don't blaim you with this weather :(

The moon is small compared to a clio steering wheel haha