ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiat punto help!

I use to have a clio but have now got a punto 1.2 ELX, which i have have nothing but problems with!
Recently the head gasket went, that has now been fixed.
The latest problem is the injection system failure light flashes on and off whilst driving. When i turn my car off and start it up again it revs to the top and back down again and also makes a rattling noise when driving!
Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

None
Natalie said:
I use to have a clio but have now got a punto 1.2 ELX, which i have have nothing but problems with!
Recently the head gasket went, that has now been fixed.
The latest problem is the injection system failure light flashes on and off whilst driving. When i turn my car off and start it up again it revs to the top and back down again and also makes a rattling noise when driving!
Any idea what it could be?

Thanks

It could be that its a FIAT :p they dont say Fix It Again Tommorow for nothing. I would recommend to just sell the car

None
Scrap it?? cut the roof off and use it as a skip?? have you took to to a Fiat dealer and got an estimate for it to be repaired??

oh yea... i made you buy it... right......... u wanted it!

y a fiat forum? its a general mechanics question?

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Ive had a 1.2 punto for the past couple of years and i hate it to, thats why im buyin a 172!!

The headgasket on mine has gone twice, and the clutch is going - you get kangerooing when going into first gear :(

mine use to rattle to, i think it was the exhaust, something not screwed down properly. i just ignored it and it went away after a few k :)

the rev issue could be due to the exhaust to?? oxygen sensor dirty or something?? i donno, but i think i might have read something along those lines.

I'd take it to a fiat garage and ask them to give you a mechanic for two minutes for some advice, the dealers aint too bad, ive done that a few times

good luck :)