ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few snaps of my TCE :) Any opinions welcome!

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Youve got yourself a mini sleeper ;) Im pretty sure the standard boost is 0.5Bar on the tce. Find it more impracticall to drive in winter with the extra torque?

According to my phone app I used to have on my iphone with obd wifi connector the boost in mine hovers around 8psi ish then on overboost rises to around 10-11psi (I don't know what that is in Bar)

Superleggera'd MK3
Isnt 14 psi=1 bar? Actually i think it is 0.9something but im rounding up :) So did you get yours done at RS tuning in the end or did you buy a rs tuner and do it yourself? Also if you dont mind, can you tell me how much you spent approximately? Pm me if its better? Thanks bud!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Youve got yourself a mini sleeper ;) Im pretty sure the standard boost is 0.5Bar on the tce. Find it more impracticall to drive in winter with the extra torque?

na its fine, just use less throttle to keep it off boost or low boost and it drives as normal, fuel economy is still good when taking it easy. Ive had a good offer from a mate whos looking for something cheap and fun to run about in but I like it that much im not sure I want to sell it!

Clio World Series
Will look smart with a ktec sprint spoiler! That's next! Brought coilovers waiting on delivery ATM so sprint is next!

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Isnt 14 psi=1 bar? Actually i think it is 0.9something but im rounding up :) So did you get yours done at RS tuning in the end or did you buy a rs tuner and do it yourself? Also if you dont mind, can you tell me how much you spent approximately? Pm me if its better? Thanks bud!

Just googled it...14psi = 0.9 so 8-10 psi is around 0.6bar according to google :)

I haven't actually got mine mapped as yet but will be interesting when if/wjennit.gets done, can't afford to yet but if/when I do I will be more inclined to take the drive and get it custom mapped on the rollers to take full advantage of the bigger cc injectors and bigger fmic that I plan to put in if/when I can afford to.

So far all I've done to my car is:

Chop out both exhaust silencers and straight through pipe them. (cost £0 got spare pipe from work and done it myself)

K&N 57i induction kit with standard air box cold air feed directing air at it. (About £60)

Ktec/Forge dump valve kit. (About £120)

40mm lowering springs (£50 second hand)

Orange carbon wrapped various parts on exterior myself (£30 for lots)

Black carbon wrapped bits on interior myself (£0 christmas present)

Clio World Series
Have the k&n made a difference on tce? And also where have you located the cold air feed?I've had on corsas so I ant sure about the Clio it being a turbo with the hot air situation?
How much are they for the tce k&n 57i with the cold air feed piping?

So fair I've got:
16" Fx004 gloss black alloys,
Just ordered my Fk Highsport coilovers
Currently waiting on delivery.

Plans too do next:

Fk 16mm or 20mm spacers,
K&n 57i
Sprint spoiler (ktec)
Power flow custom made system
Dunno if I should change the standard back box?
Also might fit a forge dump valve :/?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really really like this. Don't go ruining it trying to be "unique".

Does the KTEC lip spoiler for the 197 fit these? If so, that could finish it off.

Superleggera'd MK3
I really really like this. Don't go ruining it trying to be "unique".

Does the KTEC lip spoiler for the 197 fit these? If so, that could finish it off.

Thanks Rob :) Haha dont worry about it.....i personally feel it is unique to me, so im very happy with how it is. As mentioned, it may only be new projector lights and a bit lower at the back in terms of aesthetics. The KTEC sprint spoiler does fit on these.....however, saving for a house deposit may hinder my spoiler fund lol :(

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Have the k&n made a difference on tce? And also where have you located the cold air feed?I've had on corsas so I ant sure about the Clio it being a turbo with the hot air situation?
How much are they for the tce k&n 57i with the cold air feed piping?

So fair I've got:
16" Fx004 gloss black alloys,
Just ordered my Fk Highsport coilovers
Currently waiting on delivery.

Plans too do next:

Fk 16mm or 20mm spacers,
K&n 57i
Sprint spoiler (ktec)
Power flow custom made system
Dunno if I should change the standard back box?
Also might fit a forge dump valve :/?

The k&n 57i kit I got is is actually labelled up as the mk3 clio 1.6 and from memory was around £60.

There are other air induction kits out there that are better for performance than the 57i such as the bmc cda unit or the ITG maxogens, they are a fair bit more expensive but seem to give much better results. So depends how much you're willing to/can spend on it.

The 57i on mine makes more sucking noise as the air is drawn through it by the turbo but as for actual power difference is debatable as I never got mine rr'd before modifying the exhaust and adding the k&n so don't know what it was running before. My exhaust is the standard one but simply has both the centre and rear boxes deleted and have put straight through pipe in it's place. It's loud but I like the noise.

As for the cold air feed I simply used the standard one from the standard airbox and directed it at the filter. I have seen people route after market feeds from the same location or have run the down behind the o/s head light. Hot air isn't as much of a problem with the tce as the air will flow through the intercooler first before going into the inlet so will be cooled down first anyway, but obviously the colder it is to start with the better and if you really want to get serious then a larger intercooler can be fitted in place of the standard unit.

Dump valve is your choice really I like the noise it makes personally but many will disagree and some agree just down to personal choice really.

ps. I see you've also got the 197 top grills, they look good.

Clio World Series
There one on eBay £98 it fits in your air box that right? I'll get a k&n but there's a cone and a round one will they both fit or?have you got any vids of yours? Saw your thread On Clio 197 looks good!

Clio 1.2tce DSX
I'll take a photo tomorrow of it if I remember mine looks more like a squashed cone? The only video I have is of it on the rolling road, need to do another one at some point maybe.

As for gunky oil is it just on the bottom of the oil filler cap? If so is more likly than not just condensation build up, notjing to worry about.

Clio World Series
Gone up does the k&n go in the air box it's self saw some where u can ?Ok I'll take one and email too you . Shouldn't be nothing ?

Clio 1.2tce DSX
No you have to remove the air box completely to fit it unless you want to just get a performance panel filter which will go inside your normal airbox instead of the normal paper one.

Clio World Series
Right what's the long tube for in that pic u get the k&n it's self then a tube too where's the tube connect too Loki took a lot at the engine bay for the 1st time yesterday it's all simple too do ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yellow gunk is normal its condensation, take it a good run let the car get oil temperature and give it a good blast and it will clear, wont do any harm being there anyway

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Right what's the long tube for in that pic u get the k&n it's self then a tube too where's the tube connect too Loki took a lot at the engine bay for the 1st time yesterday it's all simple too do ?

That really long flexi tube is the cold air feed pipe you get with it, I never fitted mine I used to standard one and put the new one on my other halfs car lol.

Its pretty straightforward it took me about 10-15 mins. You have to remove the battery to get the air box out but you get some pretty comprehensive but easy to follow instructions with it :) just make sure you have your radio code to put back in after as it'll lose the code when you remove the battery.

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Not actually sure on that front honestly, don't know which would give the better performance result. Perhaps someone else could shed some light on that?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't imagine there is much benefit going for 2.5 because 2.25" wont be a restriction when your still running standard downpipe and turbo, id have thought anyway!