ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of the Mk1 F4R (nothing special!)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a clean last week so took a few pics the other day in anticipation of selling it :dapprove:

Excuse the "sport" badge, still havnt got around to removing it after previous owner put it on there :eek: (I suppose at least it is an F4R now!)

100_2160.jpg

100_2171.jpg

100_2170.jpg

100_2166.jpg

100_2164.jpg

100_2162.jpg

Looks good on the silver wheels. Just get rid of that standard exhaust and raise the back a bit now, lol.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
looking good but needs a grill to finish it off.

why you getting rid?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
as said, needs a grill to finnish it off, i dont get why so many people remove them!!

i adore the colour!
and it works even better with those wheel in that colour!!

amazing looking car!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
looking good but needs a grill to finish it off.

why you getting rid?

Grill got broken soon after I bought the car :(

Looks good on the silver wheels. Just get rid of that standard exhaust and raise the back a bit now, lol.

Standard exhaust FTW! Hate anything too loud. Why do you say raise the rear?

Looks like a good conversion, guessing its got all of the 172 running gear? How much would you be looking to sell it for?

It is running 16v box etc, just 172 engine. It is all in very good condition though! The price is something I am really trying to work out right now :S

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
has it been painted on the front end?

Looks a tidy car, and the rear is sitting about 20mm too low, will handle better if you raised it slightly , nice car, I wouldnt sell it

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
has it been painted on the front end?

Looks a tidy car, and the rear is sitting about 20mm too low, will handle better if you raised it slightly , nice car, I wouldnt sell it

No but I am guessing you are saying this due to the pics? I dont have a clue why every Mk1 I ever takes pics of looks like the front end is a totally different colour :S Only thing I can think is the angle of the panels/light. It does not look like this in the "flesh".

I am thinking that since changing the engine the front end has raised due to the F4R being lighter....

I really am going to be gutted to sell it and im sure I will regret it! Cant really be rocking up to work/meetings in it though :(

How have you worked that out? :S

if your running the standard 1.8 16v box with f4r 172 engine. it wont be able to hack the power! them boxes are made of choclate cant

even take the standard valver power. had two of those boxes go on me and a williams box. circlip popped out on them all. fitted a 172

box in the end and never had a prob with it. i also emailed this chap in france xc_75fr@yahoo.fr who sold me a diffrenetal circlip re-inforcing plate just

remove passenger side driveshaft and drill four holes into the diff and use a m4 tap to thread the holes then the plate just bolts straight

on and stops the circlip popping out. if you decide to keep the car its just a cheaper way than buying a new box!!!! alot of people use to spot weld the circlip in place but heard it never worked??

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
if your running the standard 1.8 16v box with f4r 172 engine. it wont be able to hack the power! them boxes are made of choclate cant

even take the standard valver power. had two of those boxes go on me and a williams box. circlip popped out on them all. fitted a 172

box in the end and never had a prob with it. i also emailed this chap in france xc_75fr@yahoo.fr who sold me a diffrenetal circlip re-inforcing plate just

remove passenger side driveshaft and drill four holes into the diff and use a m4 tap to thread the holes then the plate just bolts straight

on and stops the circlip popping out. if you decide to keep the car its just a cheaper way than buying a new box!!!! alot of people use to spot weld the circlip in place but heard it never worked??

I spat a circlip in my 19 16v. I welded mine back in. Was fine after that. Tbh the circlips are prone to go, but all depends how you drive tbh bud..

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

I know all about the circlip problems, but you will not pop a circlip unless you drive it like a t**t. Wheelspin y0! These boxes can easily handle the power if driven properly, fact.

I know all about the circlip problems, but you will not pop a circlip unless you drive it like a tw*t. Wheelspin y0! These boxes can easily handle the power if driven properly, fact.

Correct, mine was for ages. Perfectly fine on the road...

...Until I did a full day of 100mph corners round Gerrards at Mallory, then it spat its dummy out. Luckily I had a proper Renault bolted circlip gearbox to replace it with

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Don't forget that 172 jc5 boxes also have the same circlip until the later ones & 18poo's that had the bolt in jobber :rolleyes:

I'd love to buy this car if it didn't have that god awful disgusting 2 litre thing in there :rasp:

I know all about the circlip problems, but you will not pop a circlip unless you drive it like a t**t. Wheelspin y0! These boxes can easily handle the power if driven properly, fact.

never drove mine like a t**t !!! the two valver boxes popped changing down gear approaching a junction. anyway why buy a 172d valver if you dont give it any beans?????:rasp:

Clio Hybrid / S3
never drove mine like a tw*t !!! the two valver boxes popped changing down gear approaching a junction. anyway why buy a 172d valver if you dont give it any beans?????:rasp:

Both of your boxes must of already have popped it's clip before. Neither of of my gearboxes popped the circlip in three years of ownership, even outlasted an engine or two :p