ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of Hobbsie's Clio DCi accident.

Corsa Vegas 2.0 16v
Mate smashed his car up in May in Cheshire :(. Car just slid out of control on a long bend and he hit a lamppost. :! Lucky boy to still be here today I think! Clio did it's job well in keeping him safe:
Scene of the accident, car came to rest in someone's front garden:
DSC00163_1.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Pictures of the car at the assessors, he didn't know how bad the accident actually was until he went back to get his stuff out Car is so bent:
Image014.jpg

Drivers Seat:
Image017.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image027.jpg

Image001.jpg

Front:
Image022.jpg

Rear:
Image028.jpg

:eek:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Bradharding said:
B*stard! Very lucky to survive yeah, guess that'll be a lesson to him?

Yeah - I bet he's glad his insurance is paying out. Imagine if he hadn't declared his mods and had an accident like that...

No more clio's for me!
Sh1t that looks nasty. Very lucky boy to walk away!!

Not sure i agree with your comment - 'car just slid out of control' :S Must of been doing some serious speed?

Glad he's ok :)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
DarthCake said:
Yeah - I bet he's glad his insurance is paying out. Imagine if he hadn't declared his mods and had an accident like that...

Makes you think hey with the common phrase on here

"Ill just change them over to standard" :rolleyes:

Glad hes ok, not a nice result :(

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
luuuuucky!

Bit of T-Cut and that car will be like new,

might wanna get the tracking sorted though

Iceberg 172
thats why those new style of lamposts have been designed. Lets hope they get them installed in a lot more places over the next few years.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
OUCH pretty bad that lamposts are the most forgiving i should no , clios not so good on side impacts then

Frasers Cup said:
Must have been doing 60+ for that sort of damage
And some, I lost control of my old fiesta at 85 down a country lane and hit a tree sideways (through a fence and into yet another tree), the damage was only a little worse than that, fortunately it was the passenger side on mine that took the full force!

As long as he learns his lesson as I did and that he's not too badly hurt and will make a full recovery that's all that matters.

MKIII 138
taylor said:
OUCH pretty bad that lamposts are the most forgiving i should no , clios not so good on side impacts then

b****cks. lamposts are absolute killers and should be removed from the road side edge, i should know also i have experience of this and let me tell you once you have hit them the top can bend and fall onto the top of the car where there isnt any protection and crush you, the new ones should be rolled out around the country the current ones are lethal

that ultra cheap supermini renault 1000kg car has hit a solid piece of metal at above 60mph in the side and the guy is alive and well, you cannot ask for more other than for the highways agency to get real about road safety

V

valver pete

Renault safety zone did its job.

Give dentbusters a call..........

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi 100
hello guys yer im devestated what happend to my poor clio i loved that car. I want not doing 60 + just going in the the corner doing about 40 50 cant rember really but was about to put it in the 4th gear and the back end went try to save it saw the curb coming to wards me and just closed my eyes and hoped for the bast and ended up like that RIP CLIO DCI

hobbsie

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
taylor said:

Arse.
That shows how GOOD they are in an impact, if the car didn't bend in half, and stayed solid like a box, imagine the impact going straight through a human body! cars crumpling up and absorbing the impact is a good thing!

LY 182
Although a devastating crash, very happy with that outcome. Probably one of the best/worst tests for a car and it really pulled through.

Glad you're a-ok! ;)