ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics from Bedford yesterday

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Lovely sunny day yesterday at Bedford.

Managed to break my Westfield after just 2 laps... that was bad news.
756c092e.jpg

Good news was Clio was faultless and took a REAL beasting all day!

67587fc4.jpg

d98e4a50.jpg

d2da9e01.jpg

00d37fe3.jpg

only car to get get past me all day was 996 GT3 mk2 on the straight.... I got back past him though shortly after though due to some VERY commited driving... (and I have done probably 1000+ laps on the track at Bedford!)

was a proper cup car there as well
65ec5871.jpg

LOVE MY LITTLE CLIO!!!!!

had a proper laugh with this VXR. obviously quicker in a straight line... and he was trying VERY hard on bends... but I kept getting past and then slowing and indicating over so I could do it all again! driver was up for a laugh.

b4d31ebd.jpg

Last edited:
  430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Epic little cup, love it.

Lol at the passenger hanging on to the cage for dere life.

hahah... yes!

decided that needed sorting actually....

so decided to treat the little car to some proper carbon seats, 5 point harnesses and a Renault sport steering wheel.

I drop it off at Mark Fish motorsport tonight! he is gonna fit all the new stuff and get the car all checked over and see what needs replacing as its has taken a PROPER POUNDING at 2 trackdays and the Nurburgring

Some new et43 speedline 2118 wheels should arrive tomorrow as well... they will allow me to fit the supersoft compound R888's in time for Castle Combe on Saturday!

very excited. Love my Clio :star:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
hahah... yes!

decided that needed sorting actually....

so decided to treat the little car to some proper carbon seats, 5 point harnesses and a Renault sport steering wheel.

I drop it off at Mark Fish motorsport tonight! he is gonna fit all the new stuff and get the car all checked over and see what needs replacing as its has taken a PROPER POUNDING at 2 trackdays and the Nurburgring

Some new et43 speedline 2118 wheels should arrive tomorrow as well... they will allow me to fit the supersoft compound R888's in time for Castle Combe on Saturday!

I do love it how you show proper affection for the little thing, even when you own a rarri

Proper petrol-head you Lee

I salute you

:cool:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Impressive and looking very very committed! :)

Looking forward to hearing more after it's set up and on sticky tyres! :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Impressive and looking very very committed! :)

Looking forward to hearing more after it's set up and on sticky tyres! :)

its already set up superbly my Mark fish... and on 195 section medium R888's.

Just going a touch wider with some different offset wheels and slightly wider but much softer R888's

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Just bought it another pressie. a GoPro HD hero cam....

you guys need to witness some giant slaying antics in 1080p HD ;)

and saves me keep taking the Aim smartycam off the Westy...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

Heya, I take it you mean for the RS day?

A friend said that before you could book a full days session is that right?

Will deffo pop down either way and keep an eye out! :cool:

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Heya, I take it you mean for the RS day?

A friend said that before you could book a full days session is that right?

Will deffo pop down either way and keep an eye out! :cool:

Thats the one.

I am doing charity passenger rides in few of my cars.

I'll take you out if you want?

better still... book your clio on dude! think few places left? will certainly be some on the day as all the Fords break down ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just bought it another pressie. a GoPro HD hero cam....

you guys need to witness some giant slaying antics in 1080p HD ;)

and saves me keep taking the Aim smartycam off the Westy...

I'm a techno donkey. Have you got a link to it? I'm wanting a camera for trackdays too! But have no idea what to buy. Ideally need it for next wk, knockhill on wed!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ali, jms sell the cameras. Or google go pro hd, should be a few sellers about n

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Mark Fish just called. bottom ball joints knackered, power steering pipe broken, driveshafts rubbing slightly... and slightly leaking rear AST shock.

otherwise all ok! apart from Brake pads and tyres but I have those already in stock!

so looking good for Combe!

if you dont mind me asking mate what happened to the westy? was looking through your blog on PF and it looks a serious bit of kit.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Cracked the block... :(

c33e6a29.jpg

Just needs longstudding... and a WRC multilayer gasket and a rebuild. Pain in the ass... but it will be bombproof engine once these mods are done.

In hindsight I should have done this when I had engine built.... but I was only going for 380bhp at the time and so standard held bolts and a GrpA gasket were fine... Unfortunately 380bhp wasn't enough... and I had the big GT30 stuck on which is an almost 500bhp Turbo... whoooopsys!

Engine out already. Will all be done in week or so :)

So no worries!

gonna stick in a 6 speed Elite Sequential gearbox whilst its apart as well :cool:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Thats the one.

I am doing charity passenger rides in few of my cars.

I'll take you out if you want?

better still... book your clio on dude! think few places left? will certainly be some on the day as all the Fords break down ;)

What cars are you taking and I will keep an eye out for you on saturday! Won't be taking my car on track though :(

Hopefully the weather will be good :D

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
oki I may come and badger you at some point lol for some pics and maybe a ride :rasp:

I am heading up with Hampshire ford society so if you do go for a wonder come say hello..

Also wish I had choice like you do would love to own either of them cars....

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Passenger lap sounds spot on!

Yeah I might clock a few more laps on the clio..

Show up some of the bling brigade hey :)

LY R26
clio looks great on track there, will look out for you at combe tomorro, im going to pop over as the RS day is always a gd day out.