ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few faults with my mums car....

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi all,

My mum currently drives around in a mk2 03 plate 1.4 dynamique and i noticed last night that there are a couple of problems.

1. When my mum starts the car up, then reverses out of the drive, when the car stops, it immediately cuts out, and this happens everyday without fail. (its got nothing to do with her stalling the car!)

2. The car sounds electric, when it went into the garage they said that they needed a new alternator, but while that was changed the buzzing electric noise is still present,

if anyone can shed light on the situation it would be great!

Regards

Phase 2 172 Cup
buzzing electrics is a bad earth, or 2wires touching that shouldnt be.

or interferance from something

Civic Type-S GT
and the stalling is a dirty throttle body most likely
best way to find out is to see if the car idles at just over 1000rpm on a morning before it is reversed, if it idles at bout 750rpm instead its likely to be the throttle body needs a clean

Last edited:
  Megane dci 130
Remove the airbox, resinator box, and airfilter housing. Then there is 2 10mm bolts holding it on.

Civic Type-S GT
and once you've got it off, just give the entire inside of it a clean with carb cleaner or something similar

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Hi Flick3k

I've had a similar problem on my 1.6 Dynamique+, mainly in the winter but this was due to it ticking over at 650 - 700rpm from the off, every now and then it would tickover at 1100rpm before dying down as it warmed up like it should, in that time I replaced the coolant sensor which didn't do anything and most recently I have had the TDC sensor replaced as it sometimes iwouldn't turn over at all, since having that replaced and having a full service it seems to be ticking over fine, is it possible that this could of solved it or do you still think its worth cleaning the throttle body?

If so do I need a replacement gasket as Haynes say you should replace it, also says the car when warm should tickover at 750rpm mine only ticksover at 650rpm (know this as the AA man plugged it into his laptop when I couldn't get it started!)

Cheers

Mark

Civic Type-S GT
750rpm is correct but i believe there is a tolerance on it anyways so i wouldn't worry too much about it.

as for the throttle body, I would still give it a clean as it can get really dirty really easily. New gasket is a must, they are pennies from Renault

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Cheers flick3k

Just rang renault said the only parts they listed were 2 o-rings at £4.70 each does this sound right?

Cheers

Mark

Civic Type-S GT
sounds about right, i believe the two part numbers are
82 00 068 566
82 00 068 583

i dont think they are exactly the same price so i'd double check they are pulling the right one's up