ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

feels slow

clio 172 cup
Hi everyone had my car with renault for the last two weeks with a starting issue they fixed the issue but when it was there they put some petrol in it but only put cheap rubbish in it is have always used v power now I have got it back it feels really slow have now put v power back in it would this cause it to be slow because it will confused the ecu help needed

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It shouldn't really effect it that much. Is it mapped? Was anything else done?

clio 182 trophy
You can just about notice a difference in vpower to 95ron but it is hardly anything. Certainly not enough for you to think it was slow in comparison.

clio 182 trophy
I can only just notice it am going to top it up with v power
Give it a good drive until the light comes on and give it half a tank of V. Should be fine then. Mine goes dodgy sometimes if i haven't been able to get momentum or v power.

clio 172 cup
In which case if it was only that they actually touched then try decent fuel unless the somehow did a reset and deleted the map or something however unlikely?!

Is it still around £150 for a key?
Try 170 now mate yes gonna stick v power in a give it a blast tried bp ultimate really didn't like it

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I thought my clio was down on power and unmapped.

Turns out it's actually quite a fast one and mapped.

It's a clio thing.

It could possibly be that they flashed the latest version of the standard map onto the ECU when connecting it to diagnostics, which I think is something they do, which if it was mapped beforehand would make it feel slower?

clio 172 cup

It's a clio thing.

It could possibly be that they flashed the latest version of the standard map onto the ECU when connecting it to diagnostics, which I think is something they do, which if it was mapped beforehand would make it feel slower?
Oh ok I will put some v power in a see how it goes

It's a clio thing.

I can't decide if mine is mapped.. it revs to 7400-7500 rpm ish but still has a 5000 kick..

We need a little road test I think Callum.. would answer if we are both running ok I guess

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
mine hits the limiter at 7500rpm and is not mapped. I have plugged it into RS tuner and it shows the original ECU cal.
So I guess 7500rpm proves nothing.