ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Feels like I have ABS, but I don`t!

ClioSport 172 Cup
lol. I will take it off at weekend. Too dark in the evening to do anything adventurous! It definitely seems like the disc is out of shape though! If its getting resistance in the same place everytime I turn the wheel it has to be the disc....you can hear metal chaffing on metal when it gets to the point of resistance. Hopefully its only that wheel, i havent checked the other wheel yet.

ClioSport 172 Cup
lol my mate at work said its the disc, he said to me the brand wont make any difference because they are all made in china!

Fitted new front brembo discs which fixed it for 1 month, now its back again.......... :..(

Sorry to hear that. I read through that thread and was puzzled why only one person suggested the caliper is sticking. Your discs and pads were relatively new, they were not faulty when they were fitted, so how did they become damaged? (don't take "warped" as a literal term, discs do not warp anymore but they can become corroded and have uneven friction for a number of reasons)

Often replacing discs + pads that have been on for several years shows up caliper faults - The caliper piston being "out" can get corroded by brake dust, road grime etc. Will feel fine for a week or so with new disc and pad and then become partially seised. If this is your issue they may need a re-furb (can be a DIY job if your patient).

Anther type of "sticking" is the pad(s) not being free in the caliper. I had this with Mintex pads. They were a tad too big, later found they are best fitted without the metal plates (although this is a matter of opinion, but it sorted mine out).

Either of these issues can develop into a pulsating brake and often missdiagnosed as a warped disc. Are you happy with the feel of the pedal? Does it firm up sharply and at a consistent travel? It should do if the piston and pads are nicely "free".

Otherwise....?

Last edited: