ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fed up of looking for A 360 premium pack.

Nike Lunar Elite's
I got a premium pack last week from dixons (not a pre-order)

Everywhere is getting them, you just need to keep trying and hope for good timing. So far Dixons, Toys 'r' us, and Asda have told me that they are having more in. Most places get them on Fridays, but my local Dixons got a load in on a Tuesday.

Just phone up and hope to speak to an old woman who doesn't know anything about the console, and hope that she tells you exactlly when they are expecting some as most people won'ty give you an exact date.

Audi RS4
Wait for the PS3,let the price war start,I'll be laughing at all these numbnuts that forked out 500+ for their 360's.
Just wait until there are more games,the price drops and compare it to the PS3 first.

dk

911 GTS Cab
chris-b said:
Wait for the PS3,let the price war start,I'll be laughing at all these numbnuts that forked out 500+ for their 360's.
Just wait until there are more games,the price drops and compare it to the PS3 first.
can't wait a year though, i'll just own both and get the best of both worlds, tbh i have always been a PS man but after experiencing xbox live I think SOny will be hard pressed to beat that part of it alone and that for me at the moment is the best part!

Audi RS4
From what I've seen I've gotta say that I prefer the Xbox but until I see the PS3 in reality I can't justtify forking out x amount of pounds for the 360 when I know the price will drop in spring.

172 cup TT
there are loads in Essex apparently from what ive heard,... why that would be the case i have no idea, but hey..

dave182 said:
can't wait a year though

This has always baffled me, I haven't even finished playing all the games I want to get through on my Mega Drive yet, and I've had that for well over a decade. I'm only just starting to really get into the Dreamcast back catalogue (I had it as my main console for over a year, but only played the obvious titles in that time) but that won't take as long as many of the import shooters I would love to play are just too expensive...I did spend about 6 weeks on Tokyo Bus Driver though, such a brilliant and mad game.

Why the rush to be at the front of the queue? I'm enjoying games without all the media hype and without the costs (rarely paid more than £15 for a game), I made a concession for the DS and bought one whilst in Canada last year, but its been more than worth it, still playing the same 5 or so games I bought with it nearly a year ago now.

Have to say the idea of exploring the PS2 back catalogue is a bit scary though, I think my attention will turn to the Gamecube when I get to that stage (some of the imports are brilliant) as thats a little less daunting.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ukaskew said:
This has always baffled me, I haven't even finished playing all the games I want to get through on my Mega Drive yet, and I've had that for well over a decade. I'm only just starting to really get into the Dreamcast back catalogue (I had it as my main console for over a year, but only played the obvious titles in that time) but that won't take as long as many of the import shooters I would love to play are just too expensive...I did spend about 6 weeks on Tokyo Bus Driver though, such a brilliant and mad game.

Why the rush to be at the front of the queue? I'm enjoying games without all the media hype and without the costs (rarely paid more than £15 for a game), I made a concession for the DS and bought one whilst in Canada last year, but its been more than worth it, still playing the same 5 or so games I bought with it nearly a year ago now.

Have to say the idea of exploring the PS2 back catalogue is a bit scary though, I think my attention will turn to the Gamecube when I get to that stage (some of the imports are brilliant) as thats a little less daunting.

Amem to that! The Asda store near us had some Gamecube packs for less than £50 - I was almost tempted myself (me - a hardcore PC owner!)

D.

MKIII 138
ukaskew said:

agree ^^ i have been playing theif on xbox now for ages first i rented it 3 times lol then i eventually bought it for £9 as a used game from choice`s with no scraches and perfect condition i love this game and i still after probably slowly playing over six months havent completed it yet and although it doenst have that "not gonna bother progressing to next level as i enjoy pootling about here too much" feeling and there is limited scope for trading etc.. its still a great game.

i still play ralisport challenge the first game i got on xbox (over two years ago) and it has yet to be beaten in terms of ralliying games on xbox, even ralisport challenge 2 isnt a patch on it and i dont think it will be bettered for a long time its perfect in what it does only pgr2 is as good but in a different way.

so im lucky that the xbox360 will upsample all my current xbox games and il be playing them all again before i even buy a 360 title on 360 via HDMI in 720p or 1080i at 60fps at that res + speed its like playing xbox-1.5

so i totally agree whats the rush you will never play all games out there just enjoy a few select titles at reduced cost

dk

911 GTS Cab
I guess it could be likened to some of us like to drive the latest and greatest clio i.e. the 182 and others prefer the old school willy etc.

Monaco 172 2/468
dave182 said:
I guess it could be likened to some of us like to drive the latest and greatest clio i.e. the 182 and others prefer the old school willy etc.
Lol although I tend to disagree, you do make an interesting point, I loved the old Megadrive games, and some of them played better than most games nowadays. SWOS best game of all time (Ok you Amiga boys it was better on there calm down)

I however am really interested in technical\graphical improvements in consoles, therefore love to see and play all the latest stuff. I wont be getting a 360 though as I reckon the PS3 will be much better :rasp:

...also, Gamecubes are sh!t, I hate them, too many kiddy games, the odd one like Resi Evil 4 looks great, but still sh!t lol

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30
At time of posting...

ARGOS have the premium IN STOCK delivery on the 29th Dec!!

Enter stock code: 567/9223

Hope that helps :)

Nissan Jewk
Gonna see if my gf will cancel her amazon delivery and get this! Bet it wont last too long though :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
even though they are saying its still in stock on their website people at work are trying to order them and when it gets to the payment going through stage it suddenly comes back and says they aren't in stock.

Oh well

dk

911 GTS Cab
plus apparently they were on watchdog this week for not delivering xboxs and showing them instock on the website, letting people order them and then tell them its now not in stock or not even telling them and the delivery date passing.

just been on argos, says in stock del 2 days -

Xbox 360 Full System.
567/9223

1 £279.99 in stock
Delivery usually within 2
working day(s)