ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

February Meeting: Ideas

Ideas for February's Meet?

• Total voters
  BMW F21 125d
Date dependent (work 2 weekends in 6) I'll be up for this.
However, sold the 182 now, so if non CS is allowed it'd be good to stretch the legs in the M.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I am doing a road trip up to Scotland this year and I am sure loads of people of the forum will be I know the v6 lot are!

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I think I'll be going up there for a week with the mrs, altogether a much tamer trip I feel :)

Is this still the girl that gets car sick?? Was it true on the way back from crewe that night you had to stop???

Is this still the girl that gets car sick?? Was it true on the way back from crewe that night you had to stop???

Wow, word spreads?!?! Yeah we did! On the A56!

Yeah she does, I carry travel sickness pills for her now, which work with varying degrees of effectiveness

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow, word spreads?!?! Yeah we did! On the A56!

Yeah she does, I carry travel sickness pills for her now, which work with varying degrees of effectiveness

Lol come to think about It... It may have bin you who told me?!? :-/ as if she gets sick I've never know anyone get
travel sick. What about when she drives?

Lol come to think about It... It may have bin you who told me?!? :-/ as if she gets sick I've never know anyone get
travel sick. What about when she drives?

Might've been?! :S

Yeah, without pills shes quite sensitive to it. Normal driving she's fine though, only when pushing on, it's the quick change of direction in the twistiez y0! haha

She's only once ever made herself carsick from her own driving, and from what I remember it was on the motorway, tbh I think that was a freak occurrence!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Evo is good whatever time you want to go. Just adapt your driving style to the conditions and enjoy the views!

(and dont overtake unmarked police cars :nono: )

This. Short of driving à la bellend, why would it be an issue?

Drive & pub for food gets my vote, trafford park/sugar buzz otherwise. :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
What about a run over saddleworth moors into yorkshire? Its a pretty good run and the police haven't slowed it down (yet)... It was the road that the EK9 Type R rolled up a hill at a pistonheads meet IIRC

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
What about a run over saddleworth moors into yorkshire? Its a pretty good run and the police haven't slowed it down (yet)... It was the road that the EK9 Type R rolled up a hill at a pistonheads meet IIRC

You're really selling it lol.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Saddleworth moors? By that do you mean past dovestones, up round all the reservoirs and towards either holmfirth, huddersfield or meltham.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sigh... right, fine if were doing this then...

We can settle it, a race, endurance, over a distance of 300 miles. See who wins with your blue oval special MPG :)

You're on. The MPG is getting better and better with each tank actually :/ Done 150 miles to just over half a tank this time, and TBH I'm driving worse than I was last time because I got pissed off with it being s**t and was just facing the facts lol.

You're on. The MPG is getting better and better with each tank actually :/ Done 150 miles to just over half a tank this time, and TBH I'm driving worse than I was last time because I got pissed off with it being s**t and was just facing the facts lol.

Tank is getting bigger as it rusts and ultimately begins to warp into a larger shape ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
It's mad, first few tanks I saw 200 miles to a tank, on momentum 99! Now I got fed up and i'm putting shitty fuel in, driving normally and it's 150 to just over half a tank. Don't understand it.

I know it's a differant car and all, but with my focus, the first 3/4 of a tank "seemed" to go a long way, then the last quarter would drain super fast. Could've just been mine though?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I know it's a differant car and all, but with my focus, the first 3/4 of a tank "seemed" to go a long way, then the last quarter would drain super fast. Could've just been mine though?

All car's are like that, it's because you get the extra amount above FULL that people forget about. The thing with these is they will do nearly 40miles to the orange fuel light.

All car's are like that, it's because you get the extra amount above FULL that people forget about. The thing with these is they will do nearly 40miles to the orange fuel light.

No no, I would get 60 miles on the motorway before the needle moved, then once it began moving I could get about 250 to the last quarter, so 310, then the last quarter I would see about 30-40 miles :/

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Saddleworth moors? By that do you mean past dovestones, up round all the reservoirs and towards either holmfirth, huddersfield or meltham.
Something like that yeah, come off at huddersfield and maybe go towards a pub in huddersfield/brighouse?

The Type R was being a hero and trying to show off on the video, its actually a pretty decent road provided you dont go at it like a t**t..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Where's the route going to be then, bearing in mind it'll still be wet/cold?

Anyone know anywhere decent? Still Snake Pass as a favourite?

A million speed cameras last time I was there iirc.

Really? A million? ;)

I'm up for snake if it isn't covered in speed cameras and ice! There are a few roads off the snake that are good but I don't know them well and wouldn't like to say which ones are worth driving.