ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

February Meeting: Ideas

Ideas for February's Meet?

• Total voters

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I thought I'd start a poll regarding a meeting in February. I'll still be without the Clio but never mind. :dapprove:

Driving meet, pub meet or a big Trafford Park thing?

Feel free to add any other ideas in the thread below, as well as voting.

Cheers!

Chris

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Speaking to a couple of Yorkshire last week and they were interested in coming over to a big KK's meet at Trafford, but we're having a pub meet in Feb so maybe save that for March?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll leave this open for a few days then if it's a driving meet, I'll come up with a route or take suggestions.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Speaking to a couple of Yorkshire last week and they were interested in coming over to a big KK's meet at Trafford, but we're having a pub meet in Feb so maybe save that for March?

Yeah, that'd be decent mate. If the poll goes that way then maybe sort a thread out in your area and you can pop over.

Driving meet, depending on weather though, and route.

KK's/Trafford is getting old now, I know it's handy ect... but really, it's not fresh anymore!

I'm always on the lookout when out with work for potential new places though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Cat & Fiddle in 50mph limited now with SPECS every 500m. :dapprove:

EVO was great last Summer and we could also do Snake Pass through the Pennines to Sheffield and back?

EDIT: JB, you read my mind. ;)

Cat & Fiddle in 50mph limited now with SPECS every 500m. :dapprove:

EVO was great last Summer and we could also do Snake Pass through the Pennines to Sheffield and back?

EDIT: JB, you read my mind. ;)

Yeah, Cat and Fiddle is poor now, although somewhat safer!

I'd love to do EVO, but maybe not in Feb?

Snake pass to Sheffield, meet up with Yorkshire over there, then come back over one of the other passes, Woodhead or the A6 to Buxton?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I finally have a car worth having a driving meet in, so obviously it's a driving meet for me lol. But I like the idea of a drive, then some pub grub somewhere for a laugh, a chat and to **** off eachothers driving?

Sunflower Ph1 172
I'll be sure to pop along, not been to a CS meet in the Sunflower, driving meet would be alright but KK's is fine with me too.

EDIT: if it's a driving meet, I suggets snakes pass. Evo is a bit crap unless it's summer.

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sounds like Snake Pass is a favourite then. I'd probably be inclined to agree with people about EVO in Winter.

182 cup
Evo is good whatever time you want to go. Just adapt your driving style to the conditions and enjoy the views!

(and dont overtake unmarked police cars :nono: )

Driving meet, depending on weather though, and route.

KK's/Trafford is getting old now, I know it's handy ect... but really, it's not fresh anymore!

I'm always on the lookout when out with work for potential new places though.

this, bored of it last time. i always try/tried to keep my meets fresh so we need to continue doing it this year :)

i'll be in the ka, but hey ho... lol

Snakes sounds good to me in feb, car dependant obviously. If im carless I'm sure I'll hop in with ed or Rhys :)

Save Evo for later in the year. Early morning as well!

Snakes sounds good to me in feb, car dependant obviously. If im carless I'm sure I'll hop in with ed or Rhys :)

Save Evo for later in the year. Early morning as well!

Agree with all of this. And yeah, come with me if need be, better weight distribution for the twistiez y0

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I've never done the snakes pass so id be game for that, or the 1st meet i ever went to in manchester was at a pub near kk that was cool.

MINI Cooper S JCW
Driving meet sounds good, depending on the date, only had the clio a few months so been looking forward to a local meet coming up. :)
My pal has a Honda S2000, he'd probably come too it should be out of hibernation by then!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Snake pass had a lot of cameras last time I was up there. Average speed cams and stationary dark green cameras. (Sneaky camoflauge).

I'll say pub meet, Feb is usually pretty greasy still (even snowy in recent years).

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I will be doing driving meets with stops for pub/food and photos in nice places when the weather gets better and my work settles down a bit so I can setup a full day (easter time is the planned time for a new different full day route, other smaller stuff should be imbetween :)) but numbers being so big now for these meets doesnt make it easy for all to enjoy as there is different driving styles coming together.
But hopefully I can find a good middle with a well planned route :)