ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Favourite Game...

Evo 5 RS
Mario Kart if I had to. Loved streets of rage, road rash and Alex kidd too though!

LOL I used to love that game, played for hours. I've never come across anyone else who played it.

Sometimes I reckon you're actually a bloke... coolest wench ever award for you

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Anyone ever play Mad Dog MacCree on the Philips CDi?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio
Sensible World Of Soccer

The Manager on the Amiga was the first real football manager game to exist. Was awesome.

The Manager on the Amiga was the first real football manager game to exist. Was awesome.

Depends what you mean by "real".

Football Manager on the Speccy was out in the early 80's (nearly 10 years before The Manager). It was no Football Manager 2012 but it was fuckin ace for it's day.

1.8 Civic EX
Anyone ever play Mad Dog MacCree on the Philips CDi?

In the arcade all the time lol! It's actually available on the wii now :)

Would be awesome if more of these old school games came to the iPad tbh like gtaIII

Oh and if you want to re-live the good old days of waiting up to 10mins for an awesome game to load then watch this lol (skip to 1:37 for the start of the awesome music!)

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Wolfenstein 3D was awesome :)

Fave console game would've been Road Rash 2 - for the NOS ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOL I used to love that game, played for hours. I've never come across anyone else who played it.

Showing your age there, if you remember that? ;)

Played it to death on the Amiga. My m8 even completed it with a single character - back in the days where you could repeat a skill again and again and ultimately become badass at everything. He had FAR too much patience to do that - I just stuck with the usual quartet of characters.

Shame the follow-up (or Dungeon Master v1.5 as it really should have been called) was such poop. And I don't think I've ever seen another RPG that contains a food called a 'worm round' either before, or since?

D.

Shame the follow-up (or Dungeon Master v1.5 as it really should have been called) was such poop. And I don't think I've ever seen another RPG that contains a food called a 'worm round' either before, or since?

D.

Chaos Strikes Back. It was crap. Exactly the same game but with crappier dungeons. The only cool thing was porting your "team" over from Dungeon Master. How sad is that even now I can remember the symbols needed to cast a fireball!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was only 5 :eek:

I got my first console around then though, was a SNES. So favourite game will have to be Super Mario Brothers 3. Played that so much when I was little

A year late, but this game was alpha. So many post-pub hours spent on this. Sometimes we would still be racing ghosts as the sun came up.

RIP Dan
Was playing that yesterday on my Wii Roy, it rocks.

pre 95??

Parsec on the Ti99/4a.

If any of you remember that I will be suprised.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Was playing that yesterday on my Wii Roy, it rocks.

pre 95??

Parsec on the Ti99/4a.

If any of you remember that I will be suprised.

I don't remember that one. But my m8 had a Phillips Videopac G7000 console with two games on it, pretty much at the same time I had an Atari 2600. Both were circa 1981 or thereabouts - I popped my console cherry the previous year when a close family friend lent us his Atari 2600.

Mike - you've a good memory to remember those spells from DM! That was part of the original games' appeal for me though. Chucking together various symbols and seeing what could be generated. One of the first games I recall where you had to carry spare bottles in order to create potions. Makes sense, I guess. Even Skyrim in 2011 leaves that bit out! :)

D.

RIP Dan
To be fair Bully you-are older than the sun! ;)

Indeed, my first computer was an abacus and a sun dial ;-)

Parsec was a decent game, just watched this and whilst obviously a rip off of scramble and defender, it rocked. Farkin hard too. Refuelling tunnels were frustrating as was overheating your laser by firing too much.

2.2 bar shed.
Elite_org_cover.jpg

If we're talking a proper old game.

^ Epic.

We had the Spectrum version. How on earth they crammed what felt like an entire living, breathing universe into it's mighty 48kb of ram is beyond me.