ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty Aircon system

Clio 182FF
Hi guys.

Been reading all the threadson here and clearly some areas to check.
I have just bought an 04 plate Clio 182 which had just had its aircon re-gassed. Appeared to be nice and cold but to be fair when i bought the car it was bloody freezing outside anyway, so difficult to know if this was the aircon.:S
Anyway, now we've had a few warmer days i've been able to try it out more and its not that cold at all. In fact today the air seemed warmer than the outside temp even with aircon on and at the minimum setting.
I am getting it re-gassed with a check for leaks too on Friday.
I understand it is possible for the seals to perish and dry out.
Are these easy to replace??:eek:
I know i should check around the alternator to see if this is leaning on the pipework where a bolt may be missing, and also to listen out for the air con clutch when turning it on, but are there any other obvious areas i can check??:S
Help would be appreciated guys as the seller has given me 3 months major mechanical warranty with the car so if it could be something big then i will look at getting him to pay for it hopefully, whereas if its potentially a seal which i can check and replace then i'm happy to do that.:boring:
Many thanks..

Lionel Richie
its -3degC outside dude and you want the AC on? you smoke crack per chance? ;)

any decent gaae with the correct equipment will regas and leak check no bother, one of the pipes of the AC pump can rub on the impact panel on the front (rare)

apart from that, stones can puncture the AC rad (rare)

the AC rad can corrode (common-ish)

apart from that, that's about it, seals should be fine