ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faulty accelerator from cold !

RB Lutecia
I have a fault with my accelerator, in a morning and only from cold if i try to sit at any speed i can fell the car lunging forward then easing off over and over etc within 1-2mph, but with my foot completley still trying to sit at a steady speed . . . after around 4-500m of trying to keep it steady it then kicks in and does exactly what i want it to but it does it every time its cold and its starting to get very annoying, is it going to be a faulty accelerator, with it being on a drive by wire rather than (a preferred) cable ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's not a faulty anything. It's the cold map the engine runs on initially.

All RS Clios do it, even my 200 does it. You'll get used to it. Besides, you shouldn't be flooring it from cold anyway.

RB Lutecia
well i think thats quite erm, french tbh and very annoying knowing that im just to live with it ! And i dont recall saying i do floor it when cold, if anything its the only rule i live by even though im a mechanic by trade, if i do damage to it i can only fix it myself anyway :)

RB Lutecia
so in theory to get rid it wants mapping ? Whats the best map to go for these days for a 182 ?

172 cup
Rs tuner does sort it out yes, cheapest option and a few more MPG. Worth every penny, best mod I did on my 172 all day long.

RSTuner stops it being AS lumpy on cold start by raising the idle speed, but it's still lumpy and you'll still get this lack of acceleration - it's normal and as said already you shouldn't be accelerating over 3k when cold anyway.

RB Lutecia
Will try having a clean on the TB tomorrow and then look into a map at some stage or even the RStuner and to be honest addicted youre the same as christopher, i dont recall saying i do 'floor' it or even go over 3k when cold, takes a lot for me to do so when warm and out in open roads let alone firing it up and nailing it straight away its just a simple little problem i thought may have a cure to get rid of